Lions QB Jared Goff agrees to $212 million extension

projectorfreak

Reaction score
As soon as they feel like they really know about
So they should extend Geno purely as a reactionary move to Goff's extension? Um, no.
I believe brendon is right , not because geno is great or anything other than , grubbs play calling will be better and there we are
Geno has a better season and the question now is not him signing anywhere else but really , how much it may cost us at that point
A lot depends on sam H bcuz if he develops and learns a better/new game because he does what the coaches ask and can effectively improvise when the play breaks down which means we won't hear of anything on the geno front until they know if howell is adequate or better in gruffs plan
One weay or another we're gonna have to pay big and we will but the route that gets us there will be interesting
Lots of ways it could go down

projectorfreak

Reaction score
Torq explained this sitch perfectly
I'll pay as much attention to the pre season this way more than years past , pretty sure gonna dvr those 3 games and watch em all twice at least
Feels like 2012 all over but a little different
Better
Go Hawks

rjdriver

Reaction score
I like Goff, but a 50 burger?

In the immortal words of ETIII, he can now finally "feed his family".

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hey, more power to the players. None of us would say no to the kind of coin they are making. Get it while you can.

nanomoz

Reaction score
That's a lot of money. Woof. It is worth speculating about how Goff would look with Shane Waldron.

Would Goff get that much on the open market if the Lions balked at his demands? I don't know, man. The Lions will either look like geniuses or this is a sentence to mediocity the second their OC leaves for a HC gig.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
According to NFL .com Goff was the #4 rated QB in 2023 behind Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes so he is worth the money? Yes , but could Goff get the same money from another team? Possibly you have a league that is QB crazy but you would have to have a stacked offense and quality OC to get it done

NoGain

Reaction score
The thing is, nobody in the know mistakes Goff for an elite NFL QB. He's not in the Mahomes, Burrows, Allen, or Jackson category. I think most GM's/coaches would put Herbert, Stroud, Prescott, Rodgers, and maybe 3 or 4 more above him. But if you're a top 12 to 16 ish QB with a real good team around you, you can compete for a SB. That's the Lions to me. A real solid team with an above average NFL QB.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
It makes you wonder... If there's any real haggling during contract negotiations, just how much are these guys' agents asking for to start off those negotiations?

evergreen

Reaction score
It sure would’ve been nice to see the Lions in there against the Chiefs.