Lb heavy scheme

HawkGA

Reaction score
There was a post pre-quarantine (so like 10 years ago), that hypothesized a linebacker heavy scheme. Anybody think this pick points in that direction? Irvin, Bobby, KJ, Cody, Brooks . . . that's a lot of linebacker talent and not much on the DL. I could see them getting another day body for the DL and then use 3DL and a bunch of buzzing bees for linebackers blitzing or dropping into coverage and just generally flowing to the football.

Ruminator

Reaction score
That would be fun to watch if it works. A couple LBs consistently getting through would seem key.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I don’t know what defense you have been watching but Seattle doesn’t like to play a “bunch” of linebackers.

So, Carroll isn’t all of the sudden going to play 4 linebackers in his base defense.

He never has and he never will.

The guy doesn’t change.

This is the defense he plays:

Base
Base nickel (cover 1)
Base dime (cover 3)

He’s not gonna play 4 linebackers all “flying to the ball” as none of our linebackers can cover tight ends. Ever.

edogg23

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2satoqng said:
I don’t know what defense you have been watching but Seattle doesn’t like to play a “bunch” of linebackers.

So, Carroll isn’t all of the sudden going to play 4 linebackers in his base defense.

The guy doesn’t change.

Base
Base nickel (cover 1)
Base dime (cover 3)

He’s not gonna play 4 linebackers all “flying to the ball” as none of our linebackers can cover tight ends. Ever.

He did used to play Bandit defense fairly often his first year.

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
edogg23":jj2um1rn said:
TheLegendOfBoom":jj2um1rn said:

The guy doesn’t change.

Base
Base nickel (cover 1)
Base dime (cover 3)

He did used to play Bandit defense fairly often his first year.

That was ten years ago. He hasn't shown any inclination to do it since. Anyway, Irvin is going to be a rotational DE for us this year. Brooks is gonna play the Kendricks role this year and eventually take over for Bobby. This isn't about changing the scheme, it's about having a succession plan for Bobby. And this would be a really good idea if we didn't have so many other needs.

Latest posts