LB Corps, 2022

Chawker

Reaction score
Both Brooks and Taylor youth will grow just fine, Wagners age needs to be addressed this off season. Basically he becomes a cap casualty, clearing a boat load of money for the 22 season. We all love Bobby but, business is business.

I can see us drafting a mike LB this draft is a good draft for the MLBer position. Whom ever starts MLBer for us won't be as good as Wagner, and Barton isn't the answers for us in 22. These are just my thoughts and are subject to ridicule.

Cheers

Jville

Reaction score
I think the look of the front seven or front six is up in the air for 2022.

I didn't think the fire zone blitz they tried to field for 2021 worked out all that well. So a change in personnel or change in play book or both.

Darrell Taylor is a unique type of hybrid player Carroll has been fond of getting on the field.

Those are just a couple of observations as to why I have more questions than answers.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Chawker":8aonu092 said:
Both Brooks and Taylor youth will grow just fine, Wagners age needs to be addressed this off season. Basically he becomes a cap casualty, clearing a boat load of money for the 22 season. We all love Bobby but, business is business.

I can see us drafting a mike LB this draft is a good draft for the MLBer position. Whom ever starts MLBer for us won't be as good as Wagner, and Barton isn't the answers for us in 22. These are just my thoughts and are subject to ridicule.

Cheers

The love for Bobby is universal among 12s, we love Bobby.

If Bobby would to retire or not with the Hawks next year, shall we move Brooks to MLB? Moving Brooks to MLB seems to be logical. Shall we keep Taylor as LB or move him up to play full time DE? If we do, who will be our 2022 SAM and WILL? We have Barton and BKK and a few unproven guys. Barton as WILL?

Do we need to invest draft capital in LB?

nanomoz

Reaction score
I love Bobby. As a life-long 'Hawks fan and USU Aggie.

But you cannot pay him $20 mil next year. No way. He's a two-down guy at this point. Wear and tear have accumulated. He's looked worn to threads a number of times this season. I don't care what the tackle numbers say.

Brooks needs to take over the mike. If he doesn't, I'll be even more pissed off that they passed on Jonathan Taylor. (The hubris of that move still makes my a$$h01e ache.) Almost as pissed as when they passed on Matt Forte because of the great Julius Jones.

Taylor looks like a Bruce Irvin will/leo hybrid. He's on the verge. But I don't know what that means moving forward. I'm pretty certain there's going to be changes to staff and scheme. I suspect his best position is 34 OLB. Or situational pass rusher (which is incredibly valuable).

Rhattigan looks like a keeper as a backup and special teams standout. Nice find.

Barton probably isn't part of the plan. Sometimes he looks great. Too often he looks slow to react and out of place. His agility measurables don't really show up when you watch him. I think Tanner Muse might have a better chance of sticking next year as a coverage type LB.

Small note to take or leave: corps, dude. Corps. Corp. is an abbreviation for corporation.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Move Brooks to MLB
Taylor at SLB
Barton and draft/sign another vet to compete for WIL

As much as I'd love to bring Bobby back even at a much lower cap hit, IMO he's too slow and old to play MLB for the next phase of whoever and whatever needs to be done to rebuild the defense. It's time Brooks moves there full time. Break all the tackle records you want, when 75% of them are 6-8 yards off the line of scrimmage it's not what I'm looking for at MLB.

Hell, I'd even like to see Adams in more of a LB role over safety. He's only going to get slower and worse at SS.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":uj6ecbj6 said:
Hell, I'd even like to see Adams in more of a LB role over safety. He's only going to get slower and worse at SS.

I was just having this discussion with my neighbor the other day. I love the idea of moving Adams to LB.

justafan

Reaction score
We need more speed and aggression, I would love to see Adams give it a shot

iigakusei

Reaction score
Imagine giving up two 1sts and a 3rd for a player you might have to move positions to make it work.

Jville

Reaction score
With regards to Cody Barton and recent/current events ..................

Cody Barton

One snap, and ever so abruptly, Bobby Wagner’s out for the game/rest of the year. Barton stepped in and... nothing fell apart. Just seven first-half points for the visitors before a pseudo-comeback in the second half fizzled before it ever had a chance. Jordyn Brooks looks like Bobby’s heir, but Barton definitely needed game experience in case he’s called on extensively in 2022. He looked like he belonged, which is saying something, considering he had all of 51 defensive snaps this season coming in. [urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2022/1/4/22866344/nfl-seahawks-lions-phil-haynes-rashaad-penny-russell-wilson-jason-myers-cody-barton-dj-reed-uhpog[/urltargetblank]

..................... Cody now has accumulated a grand total of only 113 snaps to date for the entire season.

Far to few to properly develop.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Any support for signing KJ Wright in 2022? Not as starter but as backup and locker room leadership?

Jville

Reaction score
I missed KJ's presence. And, he'll be a free agent. But, hasn't that ship already sailed?

Chawker

Reaction score
Lets face facts, without Bobby, we have no starting MLBer. The rest are serviceable in a pinch at best, it time to take stock in drafting a new star to replace him. We can draft one in our first four picks, OT should get top priority then MLBer fallowed by RB and DT. John and pete can pull it off with careful planning. Trying to put a round peg in a square hole ALWAYS meets with disaster.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The Mike of the future is Brooks. He can play Will and his highly suited to much of the role, but I think he's the obvious heir apparent.

Latest posts