Last possession...

baumer64

Reaction score
On our last possession, why an 8 yard out instead of 15 or 20.
I need to watch tape again, but to me, that's all we needed for a FG try. The 8 yards to Baldwin, to me, was a wasted play. It didn't gain us anything.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
baumer64":k1o1hd8y said:
I need to watch tape again, but to me, that's all we needed for a FG try. The 8 yards to Baldwin, to me, was a wasted play. It didn't gain us anything.
Time. I was thinking about it too. But if he'd have gone any farther, there would have been no time left on the clock.

JKent82

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":36ndi31w said:
baumer64":36ndi31w said:
Time. I was thinking about it too. But if he'd have gone any farther, there would have been no time left on the clock.

Yep. I was thinking go for field goal range, but that 8 yard out took almost all the time. Better to play it safe with time, you want to be able to give yourself a chance.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
woulda rather seen the 65 yd field goal try with longwell in perfect kicking conditions and nothing to lose. Not sure that has any less chance than a hail mary.

marylandseahawker

Reaction score
Atlanta's last 2 plays to set up the field goal were as follows: 22 yard pass that took 6 seconds off the clock, and a 19 yard pass that took another 6 seconds off the clock.

There were 6 seconds on the clock when the Seahawks got the ball back....

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
you guys really think Gramps Longwell had a shot? Maybe 4 years ago.

Not a 38 year old who was at home livin the good life a week ago.

Latest posts