KJ Wright: No To Jalen Carter, Yes To Anthony Richardson

Chevy

Reaction score
What's preventing them from drafting a QB is the lack of talent. Richardson should be a late round flyer for a team, not a top 5 pick.
LOL! You are just way over evaluating your opinion on all the QB's in this years draft. So according to you there isn't a top-5 QB in the draft?

You provided an article from Carter's his own fan base, so should be taken with a grain of salt.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
LOL! You are just way over evaluating your opinion on all the QB's in this years draft. So according to you there isn't a top-5 QB in the draft?
Stroud is a legit #1. Young is a top 5 and Levis is probably a first rounder. I'm not even a Richardson hater. I'd love to take a flyer on him with his athleticism. Just not with a first round pick.
You provided an article from Carter's his own fan base, so should be taken with a grain of salt.
In-season fan articles are crazy hateful. Especially for title contenders. But it's hard to argue the facts of that situation there.

Ozzy

Reaction score
If they were sold on Anthony Richardson they wouldn't re-sign Geno.
Yeah that’s not true lol. It’s a bargain contract with an east out. Not saying they will because maybe the guy they like doesn’t fall but the contract seems Taylor made to pair with a veteran QB.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Jalen Carter's "work ethic" problems are an absolute media fallacy. Scouts aren't saying shit about his work ethic.

Here's an article from earlier this year. Bad work ethic my ass.

So why hasn't he fixed his endurance issues despite being called out on them by his head coach a year ago? Why was he even more out of shape at his pro-day than he was at the combine? The dude couldn't even finish drills that were picked to make him look good.

Those are work ethic issues 100% his idea of fixing his endurance issues were running wind sprints before the game with Ohio State. A game which he was wheezing for air and quite frankly looked pedestrian.

Jalen Carter 100 percent has work ethic concerns.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Todd McShay- "I haven't even heard of a player not being able to finish drills. He didn't test either. He didn't run a 40, he didn't do the jumps, the 3 cone, the short shuttle and all that other stuff that guys do before they do their position drills. So he came in fresh and still couldn't finish.

He didn't do any other testing, and still couldn't finish the drills. Didn't realize it was this bad.

Last edited:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I dunno. It didn't look good, obviously. But given that he had a friend recently die, and he was in some potential legal jeopardy, I can see how his head might have been messed up, and that affect his performance. I think the Seahawks might use that as a data point, but they'll get the majority of what they need to know from the tape, and from the interviews and all the other information digging that they do.

Vesuve

Reaction score
So why hasn't he fixed his endurance issues despite being called out on them by his head coach a year ago? Why was he even more out of shape at his pro-day than he was at the combine? The dude couldn't even finish drills that were picked to make him look good.

Those are work ethic issues 100% his idea of fixing his endurance issues were running wind sprints before the game with Ohio State. A game which he was wheezing for air and quite frankly looked pedestrian.

Jalen Carter 100 percent has work ethic concerns.
Agree and PCJS will NOT pick Carter, IMO.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Geno and Pete on the Rich Eisen show talking about the Combine. Little fluff from Pete IMO,

Pete talks #5 pick at 8:35: Anthony Richardson talked about. He's 244 lbs now. Man.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Qb's being drafted too high is all about supply and demand. Call it qb inflation, with eight teams going for four top qb's..it would be nice to get to pick a qb like Richardson in the 2nd, but that's just not the current reality. If you want someone like that, you have to overpay for him. It is what it is.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I dunno. It didn't look good, obviously. But given that he had a friend recently die, and he was in some potential legal jeopardy, I can see how his head might have been messed up, and that affect his performance. I think the Seahawks might use that as a data point, but they'll get the majority of what they need to know from the tape, and from the interviews and all the other information digging that they do.
The problem is the same issues have persisted since before his friends death. He was called out on his endurance a year ago by his coach.

The same thing displayed in his pro-day was displayed in the game against Ohio State. He was gassed.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
An answer to the 53% completion concerns, I've got to offer this great response from Dan Orlovsky.

He makes three arguments in defense of Richardson's poor completion percentage:

1. Throw aways
2. Drops
3. Not actually inaccurate

It's short and worth listening too.

Now let me share the game tape that I think perfectly supports these claims. Watch it.

Florida vs Vanderbilt
Stats:
CMPATTYDSCMP%TDINT

There's going to be good and bad through Richardson's season, but focus on the last quarter of the season tape. That's the QB you gamble on getting.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
AR looks like a crappier Lamar.
The difference is that Jackson won more and against better teams, even though he had a much worse team than AR had.
And Lamar isn't even worth the Ravens fighting to keep.
AR could suddenly become a good QB. But to get this this level at a power conference, start all year and be that unpolished - says a bit.
You are paying for a lot of potential drafting AR in the top of the 1st, but AR never even flashed the potential that Lamar did. And Lamar isn't enough.

Maybe AR works out for someone. But he doesn't look like a guy that will the reason his team regularly advances deep in the playoffs.

olyfan63

Reaction score
KJ Wright has been consistently on the side of bad takes.
KJ was absolutely "Wright" on his preseason take of "Start Geno". At the time, I thought that was a bad take, a social "support my friend" answer at the time, but KJ was absolutely on the money. KJ is a very smart guy and I'd put more stock in his take that any others I've heard on these two decisions for the Hawks, Jalen Carter and Anthony Richardson.

You cited the "don't pay Geno" as a bad take from KJ. That is a front-office, subjective salary cap management decision, which I would not look to KJ for golden nuggets on. However, on player evaluation as to their play, and what kind of heart and competitive spirit and football IQ certain guys have, I'm going to give extra weight to KJ's takes; he knows things from the inside and what it takes for players to excel at the NFL level. As I'm sure you know, KJ as a 5th round rookie beat out "sure thing" top-5 draft choice Aaron Curry.

I was excited to hear KJ's take on Anthony Richardson. To have Geno mentor him for a couple years, this kid could be special. I don't get JaMarcus Russell vibes at all from AR.