Kiper's OB rankings

olyfan63

Reaction score
Interesting, Kiper ranks JJ McCarthy one spot ahead of Penix. Also ranks Daniels ahead of Drake Maye.

Mel Kiper Jr.'s Top NFL QBs

1. Caleb Williams, USC
  2. Jayden Daniels, LSU
  3. Drake Maye, North Carolina
  4. JJ McCarthy, Michigan
  5. Michael Penix Jr., Washington
  6. Bo Nix, Oregon
  7. Spencer Rattler, South Carolina
  8. Michael Pratt, Tulane
  9. Jordan Travis, Florida State
  10. Joe Milton III, Tennessee

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
IMO McCarthy is being way overrated by mock drafters when it is all said and done I expect him to be drafted around Bo Nix (rd 2-3). Even with Penix’s injury concerns I would draft him before Nix ( more upside)

I don’t think any of the QBs are “generational “ they all have issues

WarHawks

Reaction score
Top Billin' loves Joe Milton. Says he has the strongest arm he's ever seen, is athletic and mobile, and would be a good long term developmental project. Interesting.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sounds like Joe Gilliam, could throw the ball across the state, but had no touch and could not make decisions, 5 to ten yard passes throw as hard as 50 and 70 yard passes, if John Stallworth and Lynn Swann could not catch it then you were shooting a bazooka.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'd love to see some data on how often guys with a big arm but need improvement with fundamentals actually succeed as a starting QB in the NFL.

Of course, any draft prospect is worth it at the right price/pick.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
at this level the best trait a prospect can have is the ability to read defenses pre and post snap and move quickly through your progressions. Everyone at this level for the most part has the physical tools. The guys that ran Pro style offenses, were trusted to make play changes at the line and came up big in high pressure situations are the guys that will succeed. You gotta have it upstairs or nothing else matters.

seabowl

Reaction score
IMO McCarthy is being way overrated by mock drafters when it is all said and done I expect him to be drafted around Bo Nix (rd 2-3). Even with Penix’s injury concerns I would draft him before Nix ( more upside)

I don’t think any of the QBs are “generational “ they all have issues
I agree that McCarthy is absolutely overrated. With this said every year, there’s at least one quarterback, that all the “experts” talk about going high in the draft and they slip quite a bit. Malik Willis, a couple years back at some points was projected to be a top five pick and ended up falling. I believe to the third round. Last year Will Levis was talked about as being a high pic, and he fell in the second round. McCarthy, in my eyes has shown very little to be a top quarterback selection in this draft.

CPHawk

Reaction score
FWIW. Curt Warner ranks the ab
Williams
Daniels
Penix/Nix. He said he has them tied
Maye
JJ

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I could be wrong about Williams being a bust, I'm not wrong about Daniels.