Kingdome posters for Seahawks games

Terry Love

Reaction score
How many of you remember the posters that my family had at the Kingdome? My mother Pamela was the main artist, my father Melvin did the lettering, and sometimes us kids would help with the painting.
We had season tickets, the first three rows near the tunnel where the players would come out.

Seahawks 1978 09

Remember doing the wave? And our defense was the "Blue Wave". Smiling Jack Patera was our coach, and we never knew what kind of mischief he was going to surprise us with.

Seahawks 1978 05

Pamela Love making her poster in the living room.

Seahawks 1977 01

Sherman Smith, number 47 was our running back.

Seahawks 1983 03

And the R.A.T. Patrol

sutz

Reaction score
Rusty A Tillman. Those were the days. :)

Unfortunately, I was in So Cal for the 80's and 90's and since it was pre-internet, had very limited access to Seahawks news. Very few games on TV, maybe a paragraph a week in the paper. Efren Herrera for MVP! :)

Msfann

Reaction score
Those would look cool at the stadium under glass. Stuff like that on the wall as you walk in. Very cool!

seabowl

Reaction score
True Seahawks history. Your family seemed like a cool bunch.

Greenhell

Reaction score
I remember seeing those posters during the ESPN games or when the Hawks made TV in my area of Colorado. Very cool! Do you still have them?

OP
OP
Terry Love

Terry Love

Reaction score
I remember seeing those posters during the ESPN games or when the Hawks made TV in my area of Colorado. Very cool! Do you still have them?
We had them until two years ago when my mother passed at the age of 102 years old. I had no place to keep them. Seahawks 1983 12

Pamela in white, Trinda in the plaid, Michelle in red.

Seahawks 1983 06

Seahawks 1980 rufus crawford

Rufus Crawford before he headed off to play in Canada.

Seahawks 1978 rufus crawford 2

Seahawks dec 24 1983

Last edited:

rjdriver

Reaction score
What a fabulous post! I vividly remember the posters that adorned the field wall of the dome. Thank you for sharing. Even seeing your 70's living room welcomed a rush of memories.

OP
OP
Terry Love

Terry Love

Reaction score
Seahawks 1978 12
I miss the Kingdome. Hated the bathrooms. I never drank any fluids while at the games, didn't want to line up for the trough urinals. But it was warm and dry inside, and we were so loud as fans, and we would rock the place. The other teams would confuse themselves watching us to "The Wave"
Later Paul Allen said that you can't really sell high priced box's if there is no difference between paying a lot of money of buying a cheap seat. They tore the place down and built an open air stadium where the high price seats could look down on us in the rain and wind. Yeah, go team!

Seahawks 1978 11

Pamela Love on the left, and sister Allison on the right.

Seahawks 1978 13

Dick and Laurie Loushin, our cousins from Forks WA, they made it to every game.
Melvin and Pam in the center.
80 Steve Largent, 35 David Sims, 10 Jim Zorn

Seahawks 1978 14

ivotuk

Reaction score
Fabulous post. Thank you for sharing. Too bad you couldn't save them. I bet Mike Wolf would have paid a lot for them :)

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Where are those now?
I saw them a few years back when visiting Shannon.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Those guys were on my paper route in the early '80s, so I got to go inside a couple of times and see the posters before they made it the Kingdome. Super fans for sure.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Coolest post I've seen on here in a very long time. Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
Terry Love

Terry Love

Reaction score
I talked to my brother Randy yesterday, he's now in Moses Lake. His memories are of being really early to get into the Kingdome to secure the spot for the Love Family Poster. The Monday Night crews wanted their logo where the poster normally went, and so that was a bit of discussion going on. Jim Zorn came over and told the television crew that they would have to move their logo, it's was the Love's spot.

Seahawks 1983 10

Randy and Mary

When the players came out, they would look to see who made the poster that week. It was my mother's idea to have different players week to week, to encourage their team play. She said you didn't win with a few players, it was the entire team that mattered. Sometimes while having breakfast at Chase's Pancake House in Bellevue they would run into players. I think one was Pete Cronan, "Piggy"

Redskins pete cronan

Pete Cronan, once a Seahawk.

Seahawks wayne cody 1

And who remembers Wayne Cody? One of our favorite broadcasters.

Seahawks 1983 13

This one for my son in law, he's a Bears fan.

Seahawks 1978 10Seahawks 1983 08