Key Niners injuries vs Panthers

rideaducati

Reaction score
If they pass all the required tests, they can play next week. If they don't, they can't.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Anybody know what happened to Iupati?

Read that they've started the same 5 o'linemen every game this season. That must be nice.

HawkWow

Reaction score
IF I were a 9er fan (shudder to think) I'd soon be having some reservations about VD. Seems like he's missing a lot of playing time and sometimes his absence seems rather dubious. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying VD is faking injury, but I'm not saying he's willing to play when a bit dinged, either. In any event, I'd be concerned.

Now Reid, I believe is on his 2nd concussion. Not good for a rook. In the bigger picture, I suppose none of it really matters.... as long as Kaep is their QB, and Wilson is ours, they're not going anywhere anyway.

rjas77

Reaction score
Reid with another concussion huh? That's two in eight games. He's not going to last long at this rate

davidonmi

Reaction score
rjas77":1qlslrb3 said:
Reid with another concussion huh? That's two in eight games. He's not going to last long at this rate
that collision with tolbert was brutal

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I believe that the general consensus is that when you sustain a concussion you become a bit more susceptible to another one. They are a bit cumulative.

So it makes sense that after Davis got one, he would start to have more over time.

Davis is simply prone to concussions now. And the more he has, the more easily he will incur others. I don't think he is faking.

I think he is just concussion-prone because he look a lot of hard hits throughout his career.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
The 49ers also lost TE Garrett Celek to a hamstring injury in the first quarter, while DT Ray McDonald hurt an ankle. I also read that Iupati was injured, but have not heard anything beyond that.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Someone in gameday chat said Iupati had to leave the field because he lost his helmet during play, but returned the next play

Edit: Thats not accurate according to Twitter, but he returned to the game and is probably fine.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Iupati's injury looked bad because his knee just kind of gave out on him and he spent time rolling around on the ground with his hand on the outside of his knee. Surprised how quickly he came back.

As for Reid. He got concussed in our game when he pounded Sidney Rice over the middle. But Rice popped up (and held onto the reception) while Reid stayed down.

2 significant concussions already as a rookie....

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rjas77":1agzlu3u said:
I wonder what the Whiner trolls think about Reid now?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=73423&start=20

I assume you're talking about me? If so, I'll just quote my post from that thread:

Popeyejones":1agzlu3u said:
Yeah, I gotcha. It's why I said he doesn't have a history with them and was asymptomatic the next day. If it happens again it's definitely something the team and fans should be concerned about (seriously), but personally, I don't read much into it beyond that.

The statement obviously still stands. He didn't have a history of them, but he has now had two this season. As a fan I am now concerned, as I assume the team is and most fans are. Don't see why that would be surprising. I don't really follow your point (assuming it's more than simply gloating about how a player on a team you don't like has suffered from head trauma).

rjas77

Reaction score
With two in eight games...I'd be concerned too, but then the red flag was raised in his second game as far as I'm concerned.

As for gloating..nope...I was just pointing out the obvious.

I'd be concerned with Davis too..I suspect he's going to "quit" ooops I meant injured when the LOB visits you next month.

el capitan

Reaction score
Vernon Davis is soft. He doesn't like to play against physical defenses.

rjas77

Reaction score
I suspect not a whole lot of players like to be on the receiving end of a physical defense, but at least stay with it and don't quit.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
el capitan":25v1ejn7 said:
Vernon Davis is soft. He doesn't like to play against physical defenses.

Yup. He gets hurt and goes to locker room every time he plays a tough D. Can't handle the physicality.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rjas77":3j7uwk70 said:
I'd be concerned with Davis too..I suspect he's going to "quit" ooops I meant injured when the LOB visits you next month.

Yeah, I know, he was scared so he "faked" a hamstring injury and was even so scared that he sat out the next week with his same "fake" hamstring injury too. You cracked the case!

No offense, but with the "whiners troll" thing that linked to nothing trollish at all and now this, I basically think you're just gloating/trolling about concussions. Do you, but I don't see much to respond to beyond noting it.

Brahn

Reaction score
Man I really like Reid. I hope he can have a long career and not end up like Jahvid Best. VD really alters the offense.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
That sucks for the Niners. I hate the team but I really would rather see them at full strength and injuries are possibly the worst part of the game (definitely if your a player). Hope everyone comes out OK and can get back on the field. I would prefer no excuses from either team no matter what the outcome is.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1f0zfu4k said:
Anybody know what happened to Iupati?

Read that they've started the same 5 o'linemen every game this season. That must be nice.

Every game this season AND last season. They have been incredibly lucky with injuries.

Latest posts