Kenny McIntosh, our 4.63 sec RB.

toffee

Reaction score
Kenny's 40 yards time may not impress, it ranged from 4.63 sec to 4.87, but he is plenty fast running with ball and pads. And he had soft hands with good route running abilities. He is doing good in training camp. Could he be someone like Jerry Rice? Jerry ran his 40 yards at 4.71 sec, no track speed but plenty of football speed.

I am adopting him as rookie, he in such an underdog, and I wish him luck and success.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Wasn't Carson a 7th rounder? YEP, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout.
Seriously though, looking at his tape, the only thing this kid needs to make it in the Pro's, is a legit shot.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I know its camp but i'm more concerned with that run defense than Kenny's ability. Yikes. Wags looks like a snail with a groin pull out there and that was something I was concerned about.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I know its camp but i'm more concerned with that run defense than Kenny's ability. Yikes. Wags looks like a snail with a groin pull out there and that was something I was concerned about.
If you're concerned with it, don't hijack a thread not about the run defense, either make a new one or join an existing one. This thread is about Kenny McIntosh.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
Corbin Smith in his podcast listed Kenny McIntosh as his number one winner the first week of camp. Keeping in mind that there was no contact this week, Smith says to forget about McIntosh's forty time, he's plenty fast enough and explosive enough to play in the NFL.

Smith also said that the way Mike Jackson is playing, it's going to be hard to keep him off the field. It will be interesting to see if this means Devon Witherspoon will see significant snaps covering the slot.

Scout

Reaction score
Flag football in shorts is fun to watch but not really a time to evaluate. But I think McIntosh brings an X factor to the offense which is going to be intriguing to watch on game days.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Kenny is more than 30 lbs lighter than Penny, but, to my eyes, Kenny broken as many if not more tackles than Penny. And he good with gaining extra few yards after tackle.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
If you're concerned with it, don't hijack a thread not about the run defense, either make a new one or join an existing one. This thread is about Kenny McIntosh.
Indeed, plenty of threads about our poor run defense, just not this one.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

Point taken. My bad.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Ken Walker has a groin injury, Zach Charbonnet has a shoulder injury

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It will be good to see this player on the field .

I thought he would be drafted much earlier than the 7th round so I was very happy the team grabbed him in the 7th.

He was a strong player for Georgia and deserved to be drafted earlier. He sure doesn’t seem slow when playing.

Suspect we’ll be glad we have him on the team.

sutz

Reaction score
PSA: 40 times are irrelevant.
I wouldn't say irrelevant, but they do tend to be over emphasized among the twitterati. Game speed is much more important, of course.

Largent was no burner, for sure, but he had 'run by them' speed on the field. If a guy looks good on tape for game speed vs dash times at the combine, believe the tape.