Kelcie McCray is a stud .... 108 game snaps

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Mojambo":hb61iqdd said:
He's not Chancellor, but he's definitely a player.

He's on a Deshawn Shead trajectory. Unfortunately, I don't see any way the Hawks will be able to retain both long term.

And by the way, that guy they got from Oakland, Thorpe, is beginning to flash on special teams. Don't be surprised if he's the next name you start hearing about.

Carroll is a DB developing MAD MAN.

Thorpe?Beginning to Flash? You mean like a the flash from an nuclear explosion? Yeah I would say he is starting to flash.

First punt I asked everyone, who is 27? Didn't take long before I knew and everyone else too.

Heard on the radio someone called him Thorpedo. I like it.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
getnasty":7810f9mk said:
I think the only way Kam gets another contract here is maybe a move to LB.

He should...he can still direct the D from the LB spot

peppersjap

Reaction score
I am here to admit that I was yelling at the TV in the bar for McCray just to let the guy score so we could end the whole thing. I am very happy to admit I was an idiot in the moment. It turned into a fantastic effort that ended up mattering. I hate ties but it really does beat a loss. The defense was incredible, they were on the field so much and occasionally bent but seldom broke. My hat is off to everyone of them!

getnasty

Reaction score
I wish they would have entertained the idea of Kam moving to LB earlier in the year, I would like to see Kelcie on field more then just when Kam is injured.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seattle's D does not really play a 3rd LB on the field. They use whip ends (DE/LB- Clark, Marsh) , Kam as a hybrid SS/LB then run a cover 3. There is really no room for McCray unless you get rid of Kam altogether because the passing defenses are going to bring more CB'S in.

getnasty

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not so sure McCray isn't better in coverage and I think Kam would be interesting in the Mike Morgan, KPL role one 1st and 2nd down.

sutz

Reaction score
McCray would fit on field as a 3rd S in the 'heavy' 4-2-5 formation. Like ET, he's fast enough to play a 3rd of the field in our cover-3, freeing up the CBs for man under or short zones.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
peppersjap":2k0v3s5o said:
I am here to admit that I was yelling at the TV in the bar for McCray just to let the guy score so we could end the whole thing. I am very happy to admit I was an idiot in the moment. It turned into a fantastic effort that ended up mattering. I hate ties but it really does beat a loss. The defense was incredible, they were on the field so much and occasionally bent but seldom broke. My hat is off to everyone of them!

I learned my lesson to never do that in the Dallas Playoff game with the Romo botched snap. The play before I had been yelling to just let Dallas score a TD so the Hawks could get the ball back. I will never make that mistake again!