Kearse signs RFA tender

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Bigpumpkin":2z138312 said:
keatonisballin":2z138312 said:
This is good news, for now. If he can regain his 2013 form he will have a spot on this team. If he plays like he did last year, Lockett will take his job and never look back.

Isn't that the situation with every NFL player? Perform above the average......or move over and get out of the way!

Life in the Not For Long....

MVP53

Reaction score
Donn2390":e72p4rlr said:
This thread is a reminder that, although we are all here for a common goal, there are still plenty of A-holes in the group...
I suggest to those of you who don't like the players the coaches put on the field, find another team to support, one that does things more to your likings..

So, like every player on the team, or root for another team then?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I can't believe they wasted a draft pick on this guy.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Donn2390":3qqsvei4 said:
This thread is a reminder that, although we are all here for a common goal, there are still plenty of A-holes in the group...
I suggest to those of you who don't like the players the coaches put on the field, find another team to support, one that does things more to your likings..

I hate this line of reasoning. So having an opinion makes someone an A-hole? If I decide I hope Lockett beats out Kearse because in my opinion Kearse wasn't reliable enough then again I'm an A-hole who should find another team to root for? Makes sense... :shock:

chawx

Reaction score
Just like Percy, who only played in the one game that mattered and took one to the house and broke Denver's spirits early with two monster jet sweep runs, I can't hate the guy if he makes THE plays we need him to make in the biggest game or at the biggest moment.

Did Kearse suck it up for 60+ minutes in the NFC championship game? Yes he did. Did he catch the game winner to send us to the Super Bowl with a dude draped all over him and PI'ing the $%#@ out of him? YES, HE DID! I'm happy with this move, it gives us another year with him to see if he can prove he can gain consistency and step his game up.

Remember, these guys are just kids—they're going to make mistakes based on lack of focus. Hopefully, now that he sees his career in Seattle, with the team he loves, in the city he loves, has an expiration date on it, if he can't make himself more valuable and worth keeping on this team? Well, that's on him.

McGruff

Reaction score
"These guys are just kids . . . "

Little pet peeve of mine. Since when did 25 years become the age of adulthood?

These are men. Men with jobs. Men with responsibilities. The fact that they play a game for a living doesn't make them children incapable of behaving like mature adults and exhibiting some professionalism.

Not sure how any of this applies to Kearse, but excusing childishness in grown adults is irritating to me.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
There is no denying Kearse has made a number of clutch plays in his career. He's a very good No. 4-quality WR. It's not his fault we have been relying on an undrafted player to take reps at Split End, due to the absence of a No. 1 WR until our recent acquisition of Jimmy Graham. I, for one, am very happy we will be seeing Kearse in a Seahawks uniform at the end of games for at least one more season.

kearses.gif

jermaine-kearse-touchdown-catch-b.gif

Seaaa0
seahawks-get-lucky-super-bowl.gif

chris98251

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":36msl64x said:
Kearse is not a WR that any team should be happy to have.

Kearse is a reminder of how many mistakes have been made at WR, to the point that even losing a mediocre WR like kearse would be a "loss".

Kearse has absolutely no spot on a team with actual WRs. He's a band-aid for teams without WR talent.

Your new adopt a hate player, you have Moved on from Harvin up to Kearse.

mikeak

Reaction score
Donn2390":2de28rnh said:

So the purpose of a forum is to only bring up positive thing about every player and applaud every decision made by the organization. Any dislike or suggestion of a different way of doing things is equal to supporter of different team.....

That would kick off about 95% of the people here who have at sometime disliked something in the organization.....or a playcall you know like at the end of a superbowl