Kearse needs to go

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I hate that in 2014, the greatest draft for WR's ever, we wind up with Kevin Norwood and Paul Richardson. I love JS but the whiff on landing a talented young WR in that draft gets overlooked quite a bit.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Reaneypark":6ajvpxif said:
No reason to pay his salary when we could get the same production from a free-agent rookie. Cut him at the end of the season and use the money for line help.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1kouj1oj said:
I've been a Kearse supporter for a long time, but I have to agree with the OP. He got his money and isn't producing anymore. He has his spot in Seahawk lore, but it's time to move on now. The sad thing is there's no one on the roster or PS that's an upgrade. Richardson, Kasen, Lawler....the WR core is thin. I think McCevoy is probably the best bet, which is sad because he's so unproven.

McEvoy is unproven because then hardly throw him the ball.......

HawkerD

Reaction score
drrew":11pa76g7 said:
Cutting Kearse after this season will save a total of $366k of the cap, it would carry $3.6m in dead cap space next season.

Cutting Kearse after the 2017 season saves $5m against the cap. That's when they'll let him go.
Looks here some one actually came armed with facts. It's not like you cut him and it matters cap wise. Good job Drew.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Hendo66":2876p8lk said:
Thepeelsessions":2876p8lk said:
I've been a Kearse supporter for a long time, but I have to agree with the OP. He got his money and isn't producing anymore. He has his spot in Seahawk lore, but it's time to move on now. The sad thing is there's no one on the roster or PS that's an upgrade. Richardson, Kasen, Lawler....the WR core is thin. I think McCevoy is probably the best bet, which is sad because he's so unproven.

McEvoy is unproven because then hardly throw him the ball.......
True. They need to get him on the field. Even if it's at the expense of Richardson or Kearse. But that'll never happen. I do really like McEvoy though. I see glimpses of a far more athletic Joe Jurevicius there. And I think JJ is one of the best Seahawk receivers ever. Who cares if he was here for only one year.

Largent80

Reaction score
Richadrson is totally worthless. Can't block, often injured and is a twig and deserves all of the talk directed at Kearse.