KC signs 3 Seahawks

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think losing McGrath will suck if we have an injury. But then I guess we can always sign him off KC's practice squad.

OP
OP
G

gabel

Reaction score
I think losing McGrath will suck if we have an injury. But then I guess we can always sign him off KC's practice squad.

HawkFan72, He's on the 53 man roster.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
gabel":2zaypgy8 said:

HawkFan72, He's on the 53 man roster.

oops, sorry I have been in practice squad mode all day. You're right.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I like it. Worst case scenerio they will play in rotation. You guys have no idea how good the NFC is compared to the AFC it's cylindicl. It's rolling around again.....Kansas City deserves better just like Seattle. My dream is Seattle vs Kansas City in New York. As we blow up that stupid 65 toss trap bullshit forever. Then again Hank Stram irratates me for no logical reason beyond is horrible dressing? Dude knew football just like Pete and proved with class just like Pete is seemingly going to do.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3iem9cwf said:
I like it. Worst case scenerio they will play in rotation. You guys have no idea how good the NFC is compared to the NFC it's cylindicl. It's rolling around again.....

It's beerthirty somewhere. ..

hawkfan68

Reaction score
McGrath is overrated on this board. What has he done? Nothing. There are plenty others available if they need someone. backup TEs are a dime a dozen. I can name at least 1 TE better than McGrath that is avaialble - Shiancoe.

themunn

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2cum7w72 said:
McGrath is overrated on this board. What has he done? Nothing. There are plenty others available if they need someone. backup TEs are a dime a dozen. I can name at least 1 TE better than McGrath that is avaialble - Shiancoe.

Show me not what you have done for me, but what you can do for me.

Shiancoe is done

Anyway, I thought Howard went to Jax?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Shiancoe is broken down, but I'd rather have Davis or Fells (the other one) than McGrath.

I am pretty flattered that the Chiefs and Jags have been so quick to scavenge our team, to be honest. I'm proud of our coach/GM combo for putting together that type of enviable depth.

Jville

Reaction score
The Kansas City Chiefs announced several roster transactions on Sunday, including the claiming of seven players off waivers: CB Marcus Cooper, WR Chad Hall, DT Jaye Howard, TE Sean McGrath, LB James-Michael Johnson, LB Dezman Moses and CB Ron Parker.
[urltargetblank]http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-Announce-Roster-Transactions/eeaa57a3-fa04-48cf-9fcf-956d0599aa51[/urltargetblank]

Great news. This has got to be one of the most successful training camps in Seahawk history. :th2thumbs:

McG

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":8xl0606f said:
I like it. Worst case scenerio they will play in rotation. You guys have no idea how good the NFC is compared to the AFC it's cylindicl. It's rolling around again.....Kansas City deserves better just like Seattle. My dream is Seattle vs Kansas City in New York. As we blow up that stupid 65 toss trap bullshit forever. Then again Hank Stram irratates me for no logical reason beyond is horrible dressing? Dude knew football just like Pete and proved with class just like Pete is seemingly going to do.

"Just keep matriculatin' the ball down the field, boys"-Hank Stram

ma·tric·u·late
məˈtrikyəˌlāt/
verb
gerund or present participle: matriculating

be enrolled at a college or university.
"he matriculated at the University of Vermont"
admit (a student) to a college or university.
HeraldryScottish
record (arms) in an official register.

What a d-bag, just using a word to make him sound smart when it means something completely different.

Hank%20Stram.jpg

Jville

Reaction score
Will Lewis is the Kansas City connection.
Defensive tackle Jaye Howard, tight end Sean McGrath and cornerback Ron Parker were claimed by Kansas City and signed to the Chiefs’ active roster. This is no surprise, with former Seattle personnel man Will Lewis now working in Kansas City.

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... more-18379#storylink=cpy

Also ...
Seattle training camp invitee receiver Justin Veltung landed on the Rams’ practice squad.

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... more-18379#storylink=cpy

olyfan63

Reaction score
Reminds me a lot of what Seattle did in PC/JS first season here, all the roster churn. Now we're on the other side of it.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
McG":1b9texgu said:
KCHawkGirl":1b9texgu said:

"Just keep matriculatin' the ball down the field, boys"-Hank Stram

ma·tric·u·late
məˈtrikyəˌlāt/
verb
gerund or present participle: matriculating

be enrolled at a college or university.
"he matriculated at the University of Vermont"
admit (a student) to a college or university.
HeraldryScottish
record (arms) in an official register.

What a d-bag, just using a word to make him sound smart when it means something completely different.

Hank%20Stram.jpg
Sorry for the horrible grammar but you got it. Hole in one no less. I will work on the grammar, promise (but it's a bit hard on a phone).

McG

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":vgunwc4d said:
Sorry for the horrible grammar but you got it. Hole in one no less. I will work on the grammar, promise (but it's a bit hard on a phone).

Hey I wasn't talking about your grammar, I was talking about Shram. That guy was a big d-bag.

Mick063

Reaction score
I might be dating myself, but I played middle linebacker in high school and wore the number 63 because Willie Lanier was my favorite player and yes, Kamiakin high school colors were red with gold trim. This was before the Seahawks even existed. That Chiefs team was my favorite team. The greatest game ever was the longest game ever. Two overtime playoff game, Christmas eve, against the Miami Dolphins. Ed Podolak gave the guttiest performance I have ever seen.

Back to my uniform. I even wore the same type of face mask as Willie. Had to look just like him. Best middle linebacker in the history of the NFL in my opinion.

I was Willie Lanier!

A

Anonymous

Mick063":12etfp3u said:
I might be dating myself, but I played middle linebacker in high school and wore the number 63 because Willie Lanier was my favorite player and yes, Kamiakin high school colors were red with gold trim. This was before the Seahawks even existed. That Chiefs team was my favorite team. The greatest game ever was the longest game ever. Two overtime playoff game, Christmas eve, against the Miami Dolphins. Ed Podolak gave the guttiest performance I have ever seen.

Back to my uniform. I even wore the same type of face mask as Willie. Had to look just like him. Best middle linebacker in the history of the NFL in my opinion.

I was Willie Lanier!

That was like way before cell phones too... right?

olyfan63

Reaction score
McG":3lohglzy said:
KCHawkGirl":3lohglzy said:

Hey I wasn't talking about your grammar, I was talking about Shram. That guy was a big d-bag.

Why call Hall of Fame coach Hank Stram silly names? At least get his name right! Stram, not Shram. The man was a genius, a pioneer.
When you're calling him names, remember to start off your Stram criticisms correctly. To you, that would be "SUPER BOWL CHAMPION Coach Hank Stram".
The context of the "quote" you are picking on him for:

'In the Super Bowl, Stram became the first professional football coach to wear a microphone. Stram's recorded comments from that game have become classics: "Just keep matriculatin' the ball down the field, boys.", and, to the refs, "How could all six of you miss that play?"'

The man was seriously ahead of his time. It's lame to sit here 30, 40, 50 years later and armchair-disrespect one of the all-time great pro football coaches, and that's not even mentioning his work as a broadcast commentator. Go learn about his career and then come back and tell us all about his personal and professional flaws. If you ever do learn enough about Stram to meaningfully criticize him, I got just three words for ya: (OK, technically four)...

Hall of Famer, baby!!

Latest posts