Karpernick named starting qb in sf

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":2ch9mrkb said:
Honestly, I think it'll look different but final result might be the same.

Yep.

Was saying to a buddy that Gabbert somehow was worse than Kaep at the things Kaep is bad at (inconsistent accuracy) while also being worse than Alex Smith at the things Alex Smith is bad at (hyper conservative; throwing short of the sticks) without being better than either of them at anything they're good at.

I think he can have a decently long career as a backup, but that's about it.

As for Kaepernick, he's a much more high variance player, meaning with him starting a bad 9ers team might stumble into an extra win or two it doesn't really deserve when compared to Gabbert starting, but there's also going to be a few of those deserved losses that will be even uglier than they would be with Gabbert in there.

Assuming the new deal gets done it's kind of an odd situation in that the 9ers starting QB will be trying to play well enough to get himself off the team. :lol:

Really just a total mess.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Assuming Kaepernick gets the chance to walk at the end of this year in a contract re-structure, I really hope he tears it up. I was going to be rooting big-time for him anyway, but especially if he tears it up and immediately leaves for a big contract to play for the Jets or something.

Fade

Reaction score
I hope Kap tears it up, so he wrecks their top 3 draft pick chances. Then leaves in the off-season, and goes to another team, and finds moderate success elsewhere. More salt in the wound for 9er fans.

I don't think this will be the case because he sucks though.

The NFCW picture is looking fantastic for the Seahawks over the next 5 years.

Cards - Palmer is in the twilight of his career. No replacement in sight. Every year they waste on him is a win for the Hawks.
Rams - Goff. Lolz. Gave up a lot of draft capital as well, double bonus.
9ers - No QB, but they are in the best position to acquire one. Tons of cap, and will have a high 1st rd pick.

If the 9ers Goff it, the Seahawks will be to the NFCW, what the Patriots have been to the AFCE.

Largent80

Reaction score
Fade":1rrjynlg said:
I hope Kap tears it up, so he wrecks their top 3 draft pick chances. Then leaves in the off-season, and goes to another team, and finds moderate success elsewhere. More salt in the wound for 9er fans.

I don't think this will be the case because he sucks though.

The NFCW picture is looking fantastic for the Seahawks over the next 5 years.

Cards - Palmer is in the twilight of his career. No replacement in sight. Every year they waste on him is a win for the Hawks.
Rams - Goff. Lolz. Gave up a lot of draft capital as well, double bonus.
9ers - No QB, but they are in the best position to acquire one. Tons of cap, and will have a high 1st rd pick.

If the 9ers Goff it, the Seahawks will be to the NFCW, what the Patriots have been to the AFCE.

Have to agree here.

Wentz was the obvious choice for me at QB for the Rams but alas, or dumbass pick, whatever you prefer.

Palmer is like an overcooked waffle, and SF has zero prospects...= Go Hawks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ivotuk

Reaction score
I heard Clayton say that Kaep needs to put on more weight. He's normally 225 but right now he's only 215! That's skinny for a man that big!

That's why SF wanted the contract changed. Kaep wants to start NOW so that he can put his wares on display for whoever his new team is. BUT, SF said he hadn't put enough weight back on yet and they were afraid he'd get injured, and that they would get stuck with the 16 million or so in an injury settlement.

So Kaep signed the new deal that gets rid of the injury settlement, and in return, he gets to start right away, and he can look for a new team at the end of the season.

Watch Hue Jackson sign him and throw more gas on the dumpster fire that is Cleveland!