Kam is IN the Building!!!!!!! (The New KAM Topic)

Spectre

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":3t16kuo6 said:
Nah, I'm still pissed, but what's the point? Hope he plays well, because I love the team, but I won't cheer the player. No reason to hold on to anger in this situation. Doesn't accomplish anything.

There is no point other than I'm mad and my car broke down and I couldn't get to work so I'm in a bad mood today and I can take it out over the anonymous internet on a guy who was at one point a personal facebook friend.

Your avatar is boss though. Light this candle at the top of the forum with the highest amount of posts if you ever need help. The .NET still remembers.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Spectre":3dtbxyxs said:
hawknation2015":3dtbxyxs said:
Spectre":3dtbxyxs said:
It wasn't a mistake. He didn't make a mistake. Has he apologized yet? If he has, I haven't seen it. It's not a mistake until he acknowledges that it was a mistake. All will not be forgiven unless forgiveness is asked, and he's not asking.

Returning without an extra penny in his pocket is all the admission I need.

Returning without a penny in his pocket means he was starting to feel the heat and figured he may as well play until he can get them to trade him or high tail his ass outta here as soon as he hits FA status. I want a public admission from his own mouth that he was wrong and then I'll forgive him. Til then I'll cheer 'that big ass Seahawk who just laid that guy out" but I won't cheer Kam Chancellor.

I have not seen anything that suggests he wants to play elsewhere. He is back with the team now, so I don't see the point of holding a grudge about it. But everyone will make their own decision on that.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kearly":l899yrg4 said:
Scottemojo":l899yrg4 said:
I think Kam may be on the market when this season is done.

It depends how much equity Kam has left with Pete. Pete once admitted that Troy Polumalu was his all-time favorite player at USC. I suspect that pre-holdout, Kam was his favorite Seahawk. The way Pete reacted to Kam ending his holdout reminded me of how the rich father reacted in the parable of the prodigal son. Pete was overjoyed when he could have been bitter.

I think Pete loves Kam too much to deal him. Additionally, we've seen how troubled the defense is without Kam, so I don't think Pete would move on from #31 until he's confident in the replacement.

Answer:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/646769611623505921[/tweet]

Basis4day

Reaction score
Since it probably got lost in the thread i think i'll type it again for emphasis.

It took one preseason game for the fanbase to forget about Frank Clark's red flags.

It shouldn't take long to set aside anger about the Kam holdout.

ivotuk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1f6e3tyi said:
Most of these people haven't even played a down of football in their life and so players are just expendable, weekly entertainment.

This sounds really bad. Why should it matter if most people haven't played a down of football? Most people don't get the benefits that even PS Squad NFL players get.

A lot of people get injured or crippled on the job or in accidents and spend the rest of their lives battling for health care and treatment. Nobody looks up to them for that. So why should it be so different for NFL players?

They're not special people. Some, like Russell Wilson use their platform to benefit others, but percentage wise, it's not that common in professional sports beyond foundations that are also tax shelters.

NFL players are some of the most well off people on the face of this planet, and should never complain about their short earning window, when that window contains more money than most of us will see in a lifetime.

And I wish they would stop referring to this game as "war." IMHO, it's an insult to our soldiers. I don't despise them for using the the term, I don't think they know any better. But if they were to go to Afghanistan, or Iraq, they would probably stop calling football "war."

I'm glad Kam's back, I don't hold any grudge for him because he hurt himself, his coaches and his teammates far more than he hurt me. I just hope he can get back to where he was before he made this (imho) silly move, and that the wounds between him, the front office, and the players can be healed and put behind them. But that's on Kam to do that. He shouldn't even be mentioning those "that disagreed with me." That's their right, his decision effected them also. Just because they are on his team doesn't mean they have to agree with his decisions.

That said, it needs to be a two way street. They all need to put this behind them and be on equal footing. If Kam buddies up with Marshawn Lynch in an "us against the world" theme like there was with Percy Harvin last year, that helps nobody.

Lastly, I see a lot of emotion on here from both sides, but mostly even-keeled talk. That, imho, is to be expected, and I can't see where there's a position that anyone can take where they can say "I'm right, and you're incorrect." Because football is such an emotional, fanatical sport, fans are going to have every level of emotional investment and opinion there is. There is no right or wrong to it.

"For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise." does not apply to football forums :snack:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
ivotuk":ynn2mzfz said:
vin.couve12":ynn2mzfz said:
Most of these people haven't even played a down of football in their life and so players are just expendable, weekly entertainment.

This sounds really bad. Why should it matter if most people haven't played a down of football? Most people don't get the benefits that even PS Squad NFL players get.

A lot of people get injured or crippled on the job or in accidents and spend the rest of their lives battling for health care and treatment. Nobody looks up to them for that. So why should it be so different for NFL players?

They're not special people. Some, like Russell Wilson use their platform to benefit others, but percentage wise, it's not that common in professional sports beyond foundations that are also tax shelters.

NFL players are some of the most well off people on the face of this planet, and should never complain about their short earning window, when that window contains more money than most of us will see in a lifetime.

And I wish they would stop referring to this game as "war." IMHO, it's an insult to our soldiers. I don't despise them for using the the term, I don't think they know any better. But if they were to go to Afghanistan, or Iraq, they would probably stop calling football "war."

I'm glad Kam's back, I don't hold any grudge for him because he hurt himself, his coaches and his teammates far more than he hurt me. I just hope he can get back to where he was before he made this (imho) silly move, and that the wounds between him, the front office, and the players can be healed and put behind them. But that's on Kam to do that. He shouldn't even be mentioning those "that disagreed with me." That's their right, his decision effected them also. Just because they are on his team doesn't mean they have to agree with his decisions.

That said, it needs to be a two way street. They all need to put this behind them and be on equal footing. If Kam buddies up with Marshawn Lynch in an "us against the world" theme like there was with Percy Harvin last year, that helps nobody.

Lastly, I see a lot of emotion on here from both sides, but mostly even-keeled talk. That, imho, is to be expected, and I can't see where there's a position that anyone can take where they can say "I'm right, and you're incorrect." Because football is such an emotional, fanatical sport, fans are going to have every level of emotional investment and opinion there is. There is no right or wrong to it.

"For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise." does not apply to football forums :snack:

Well said. :thirishdrinkers:

MrThortan

Reaction score
Bleh. I am over the soap opera. Welcome back Kam. Help the Seahawks get another ring.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of what he did and his quitter act and actually did not care if he ever came back...but I am also a fan of this team winning...he can help them win..

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2xjxdbut said:
ivotuk":2xjxdbut said:
vin.couve12":2xjxdbut said:

Well said. :thirishdrinkers:

True words.

Go Hawks!

hawks85

Reaction score
well now were going 14-2. were not losing any more games. that's how strongly I feel about bam bam. our defense will be feared.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I've been pretty quiet about this.

Felt what Kam was asking wasn't unreasonable but understood the teams stance. Leaving your brothers out there for 2 weeks of battle is a situation he's gonna have to address himself and resolve with his team mates. As for us fans? Kam owes us NOTHING. You chose to be a fan of this team, they didn't hold you to it, this is part of being a fan, the good the bad and the ugly.

I'm glad Kam's back, can't wait to watch a few opposing receivers get gator arms or get their heads knocks off. My favorite player is back, and I'm happy as hell about it.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Now I'm just glad I didn't change my sig. Someone in the gameday chat told me to as I was living in the past and Kam was gone.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1y4bja3d said:
Now I'm just glad I didn't change my sig. Someone in the gameday chat told me to as I was living in the past and Kam was gone.

Gameday chat, unfortunately, has some real knuckleheads... like Sac and Throw. But living in the past for having a Kam sig? My avatar is way worse!

Snake Plisskin

Reaction score
Spectre":1yvrdkke said:
hawknation2015":1yvrdkke said:
Just look it like this: Kam has done so much for the franchise, playing through serious knee injuries, and so what if he doesn't make sound business decisions? He's 27 and made a mistake. If he plays great the rest of the season and gels with the defense, all will be forgiven.

It wasn't a mistake. He didn't make a mistake. Has he apologized yet? If he has, I haven't seen it. It's not a mistake until he acknowledges that it was a mistake. All will not be forgiven unless forgiveness is asked, and he's not asking.

Not only did he not apologize, he says he forgives us fans.......Forgive us for WHAT Kam?....What a dumbass.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I feel like a boyfriend who watched his girl "take a break" so she could go find herself (and shack up with some other dudes along the way) and then she came back. On one hand you're so grateful because the hurt is over and you can move forward, on the other hand there are still the scars.

When they announce Kam, I will probably clap lightly but not give the loud Bam Bam Scream I once gave. When he lays out someone, I will probably cheer my ass off. I hope playoffs or HFA is not decided by 1 game, because then I will have very mixed feelings at that point.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Throwdown":3dohvuom said:
I've been pretty quiet about this.

Felt what Kam was asking wasn't unreasonable but understood the teams stance. Leaving your brothers out there for 2 weeks of battle is a situation he's gonna have to address himself and resolve with his team mates. As for us fans? Kam owes us NOTHING. You chose to be a fan of this team, they didn't hold you to it, this is part of being a fan, the good the bad and the ugly.

I'm glad Kam's back, can't wait to watch a few opposing receivers get gator arms or get their heads knocks off. My favorite player is back, and I'm happy as hell about it.

I disagree. The players actually do owe something to the fans, and that's to live up to the organization's mission statement. Fans back a team because of geography, primarily, but also because of how the organization conducts itself. Just look how many people like the Raiders because of the bad boy image that squad has cultivated. In our case that's "Always compete." Kam eschewed that. He was happy to tout the "Brothers" mantra until it got in the way of his checkbook. At Least until now. Do you think he came back today because of his teammates, or because he was sick of the fines and missed game checks?

Maybe that's corny, but it makes fandom easier.

Players come and go. The team outlasts them all, and that's why I always put the team first.

Latest posts