Kam is IN the Building!!!!!!! (The New KAM Topic)

kearly

Reaction score
HawkerD":1ueyiar8 said:
Uncle Si":1ueyiar8 said:
Kam is a fantastic player. I just don't see one player ever making the difference in the outcome of one game.

You seriously don't think One player can change the outcome of a game? Watch most teams when the starting QB goes down. Some players are so instrumental in the their teams execution it just isn't going to happen without them. Take the Seahawks. If any of Marshawn, Wilson, Bennett, Earl goes down it could easily be the difference in the game. Maybe add Kam to that list...maybe not. Either way some players are the difference between 8-8 and 13-3

When Hutch left in 2006, a lot of Hawks fans thought we'd be okay with Pork Chop. Nope.

In a vacuum, a star player might only be worth 1 win in a season. But if that star player is a lynchpin to the team, or if his replacement is terrible beyond words, it can definitely cause an unraveling effect.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
cdn hawk fan":24dy7hxp said:
Have we found out who has been released to make room for kam

Not yet, they have until Saturday to pull the trigger. With the exemption, they can keep 54 until then. Terrell would be an obvious cut.

Rob12

Reaction score
cdn hawk fan":1tuvvl6b said:

No. He's still on the exempt list until PC activates him.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2slhqlbf said:
cdn hawk fan":2slhqlbf said:

Not yet, they have until Saturday to pull the trigger.

Actually they have 2 weeks to pull the trigger, as he doesn't necessarily have to play this week. If he is to play this weekend you can expect to see a player cut Saturday to make room.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kidhawk":petq8enx said:
hawknation2015":petq8enx said:
cdn hawk fan":petq8enx said:

Not yet, they have until Saturday to pull the trigger.

Actually they have 2 weeks to pull the trigger, as he doesn't necessarily have to play this week. If he is to play this weekend you can expect to see a player cut Saturday to make room.

They have until Saturday to pull the trigger . . . if they want him to play this week, as expected by Sherman and others.

Spectre

Reaction score
Am I the only one here who's still pissed off? I almost want him benched, or punished somehow. He sure as HELL better not get any fine forgiveness. He was my favorite player. Now, until he gives us fans an apology, he may as well be wearing a 49er jersey because that's how I feel every time I look at him.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Damage has already been done, and now we know he is a little whiney crybaby. I can't support losers like that.

I hope he plays well for us, but im no a longer a fan of his. I was even gonna buy his jersey until he decided to stick his head up his butt (and keep it there for months).

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Spectre":9ur9tydq said:
Am I the only one here who's still pissed off? I almost want him benched, or punished somehow. He sure as HELL better not get any fine forgiveness. He was my favorite player. Now, until he gives us fans an apology, he may as well be wearing a 49er jersey because that's how I feel every time I look at him.

Just look it like this: Kam has done so much for the franchise, playing through serious knee injuries, and so what if he doesn't make sound business decisions? He's 27 and made a mistake. If he plays great the rest of the season and gels with the defense, all will be forgiven.

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
Wow, there's a lot of melodrama in this thread. Personally, I'll be happy to watch him on the field this Sunday, and I won't have a single speck of sand in my virgin while doing it.

Spectre

Reaction score
hawknation2015":272eid7b said:
Just look it like this: Kam has done so much for the franchise, playing through serious knee injuries, and so what if he doesn't make sound business decisions? He's 27 and made a mistake. If he plays great the rest of the season and gels with the defense, all will be forgiven.

It wasn't a mistake. He didn't make a mistake. Has he apologized yet? If he has, I haven't seen it. It's not a mistake until he acknowledges that it was a mistake. All will not be forgiven unless forgiveness is asked, and he's not asking.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Spectre":1hffobfy said:
hawknation2015":1hffobfy said:

It wasn't a mistake. He didn't make a mistake. Has he apologized yet? If he has, I haven't seen it. It's not a mistake until he acknowledges that it was a mistake. All will not be forgiven unless forgiveness is asked, and he's not asking.

Returning without an extra penny in his pocket is all the admission I need.

Spectre

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2klobd2i said:
Spectre":2klobd2i said:

Returning without an extra penny in his pocket is all the admission I need.

Returning without a penny in his pocket means he was starting to feel the heat and figured he may as well play until he can get them to trade him or high tail his ass outta here as soon as he hits FA status. I want a public admission from his own mouth that he was wrong and then I'll forgive him. Til then I'll cheer 'that big ass Seahawk who just laid that guy out" but I won't cheer Kam Chancellor.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Spectre":1up4tx69 said:

Nah, I'm still pissed, but what's the point? Hope he plays well, because I love the team, but I won't cheer the player. No reason to hold on to anger in this situation. Doesn't accomplish anything.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":ovwn347f said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/646767708755918850[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/646767514668658688[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Liz_Mathews/status/646769451153526784[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Liz_Mathews/status/646770512236965888[/tweet]

Hawkpower

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1evmhhi6 said:
@ Hawk45, I've stated that Kam accomplished his goals for next year. The Team has accomplished their goals for this year. And like Bobby Wagner said not too long ago, it means what it means.

And no, I contest that most of these posts have an underlying emotion that they want Kam to apologize to them, redeem, pay, suffer, etc or some varrying level to that effect. It's asinine.

How about apologizing to his teammates, the ones he let down with his failed tactics?

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":hnwz2nth said:
I think Kam may be on the market when this season is done.

It depends how much equity Kam has left with Pete. Pete once admitted that Troy Polumalu was his all-time favorite player at USC. I suspect that pre-holdout, Kam was his favorite Seahawk. The way Pete reacted to Kam ending his holdout reminded me of how the rich father reacted in the parable of the prodigal son. Pete was overjoyed when he could have been bitter.

I think Pete loves Kam too much to deal him. Additionally, we've seen how troubled the defense is without Kam, so I don't think Pete would move on from #31 until he's confident in the replacement.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
vin.couve12":ok5vtuyq said:
TwistedHusky":ok5vtuyq said:
I am always going to take Kam's side on this one.*

He has every right to decide that his health is worth more than he agreed to. Because the cost in terms of health is higher anyway.

When Kam signed that contract 2 years ago, concussions were just starting to appear as a national issue. Yes they were brought up before, but were not acknowledged as a real issue that affects all the players commonly.

Now, the studies are something like 95% have CTE. Not only will they get brain damage but they have it already and every game makes that worse. How much in millions is worth not being able to go a day without pain, or losing your ability to control urges/emotions, or even the crippling depression that can accompany this kind of brain damage.

Isn't that up to Kam to decide what that is worth?

When Kam signed that deal it was clear that his health could suffer in the future (hence the compensation $$$) but it was not clear just how high the % chance it would occur or how significant the damage was going to be.

We now know it is greater even though we still don't know the entire cost.

Still, completely reasonable to me that Kam should have the right to say his health is worth more - contract or no.

Now people are upset because they lost 2 games! Seems petty to contrast the small loss (your entertainment) with his (his health, cognitive ability, future ability to enjoy the money he even makes).

Kam made a decision that, for him, his value to the team and the value of football to him are significant enough that he decided to end his holdout. Instead of castigating him for a choice he had every right to make, you should be happy he made the choice to come back and help this team.

Most of these people haven't even played a down of football in their life and so players are just expendable, weekly entertainment.

Well that's a dramatic strawman.

Since you have elevated yourself above the rest of the forum, kindly share with us which NFL team paid your monthly salary back in the day. You know, since us layman just don't understand the game of football like you.

Latest posts