Kam is IN the Building!!!!!!! (The New KAM Topic)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":1ssgrb7o said:
Hasselbeck":1ssgrb7o said:
Apparently Ray Lewis had a lot to do with this as well per 710. Stephen A is on with Brock/Salk now and said the two have been talking a lot lately and that his words resonated with him.

I didn't think it would be Ray Lewis of all people, but I've thought for a while that Kam wouldn't end his holdout until someone he could look up to put his arm around Kam's shoulder and spoke common sense in his ear. I've always really liked Ray Lewis, so I hope this story is true.

Same.

Ray Lewis is one powerful speaker too.. so I can see a couple of those heart to heart talks getting him to snap out of whatever mindset Kam put himself in.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
I thought he'd end up on another team before week 6.
This may help the team but I doubt it will be as successful as the last 2 years.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1f187d8d said:
vin.couve12":1f187d8d said:
This is self projection. Best believe that if the Seahawks don't anti up and some point, another team will be paying him over 10 mil a season.

Sure, when he is a free agent after 2017.

Yep, a 29 year old free agent as well...

MrThortan

Reaction score
Glad Kam is back. I am also glad Pete, John and Paul didn't cave in to his demands. Getting Kam is just the first step and there are many more to go. Is he football ready? Is he rusty? Will he be able to step back into a leadership role? Will his head be in the game? Will this be a distraction Sunday? Still a lot of questions to be answered.

I hope he doesn't get boos, but suspect there will be a roar of cheers/boos from the crowd.

HawksHawksHawks

Reaction score
All this holdout has accomplished is shining a light on how much more emotion the fans have than the players. Yes, they like to win too, but we have comparatively very little vested financial interest in the success of the team.

I'm not saying we shouldn't all be passionate, but some of the stuff I'm reading on here is just ridiculous. You're going to boo someone for trying to get a raise? That's what it really boils down to. I wish he had never held out a single day, but as long as he's playing for us, I'm not going to boo someone over something like that.

Now if we were to sign some convicted criminal who was truly a terrible person, I would not support it and I probably would boo him. But this is just money. Give the guy a break.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Win the Super Bowl this year and all this Kam and Graham nonsense will be water under the bridge...

...until training camp next year and then I expect half the team to holdout. :pukeface:

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I only played in high school, so obviously there was no "business side" at that level. But I know that any time a guy missed time, whether it was injury, academic problems, lack of playbook awareness, whatever, there was a certain sense amongst players who were on the field that he had to earn the players' trust again.

It wasn't an active "hate" or mistrust, not a reasoned emotion. It's just that every hit taken, block thrown, successful drive, or unsuccessful defensive stand brings the players on the field closer together. When someone re-enters the lineup, the fact is he wasn't there for those important moments. He missed out on that shared experience, which has no substitute and does not exist in the realm of petty squabbles or philosophical differences. It just is.

The beauty of football is the next play is the most important play. So the Seahawks will carry on and the players will reunite and it will be great. When a guy has proven himself before (as Kam has done in spades) getting back the on-field mojo is quicker and easier. But it still has to be accomplished through actions.

I'm glad he's back and I'm psyched to see the team chemistry continue to develop.

MVP53

Reaction score
djTOY2000":16ujt5ex said:
12022391_10153681889719743_4172330647140085156_o.jpg

I'm still irritated with the whole Kam situation, but that is just, straight up, awesome. I hope you don't mind, but that might have to be my Facebook profile for a bit.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
12thbrah":1faye9c5 said:
Win the Super Bowl this year and all this Kam and Graham nonsense will be water under the bridge...

...until training camp next year and then I expect half the team to holdout. :pukeface:

Are you saying that the players have not learned a thing from this episode?

kearly

Reaction score
And so ends the dumbest holdout in recent sports memory. It's not that Kam doesn't deserve a raise, it's that when given the choice between losing Kam and setting a backbreaking precedent in the new CBA environment, the choice was ALWAYS going to be the former. Kam NEVER had a chance to win this, and only succeeded in hurting the team and himself. If my understanding is correct, Kam is the only NFL player to miss games from a holdout under the new CBA without viably threatening retirement (Carson Palmer in 2011). There's a reason you haven't seen players do it, it's just dumb as hell to try. And it's even dumber when considering the needless damage it did to a team in a SB window.

And to all those people saying Kam didn't cost us. I think he absolutely cost us win probability. Bailey slipping in the Rams game by itself was probably a 40-45% win probability swing (I'll check the official number once Advanced NFL stats stops being lazy and updates for 2015). There were a few other explosive plays given up in that game because of Bailey too. I'd guess that Bailey's win probability added in that game was around -50% if not worse.

Kam's absence is harder to quantify in the Packers game, but it's probably safe to say he cost us something substantial in a tight game. And that's not even getting into the intangibles that Kam brings. Our defense clearly looked demoralized in the first two games with the Kam cloud hanging over everyone's heads.

Maybe we are 0-2, or 1-1, or 2-0 with Kam. Nobody can say for sure, but remember that games turn on a single play all the time. His absence definitely hurt our chances to win those games, and hurt them substantially.

So while a part of me is thrilled to have him back well before that looming road game at Cincy, part of me is still upset that he was foolish enough to do this to himself and to his teammates. If our season ends in January at Lambeau, or in a different stadium with Seattle as a wildcard, I won't ever get over it 100%. That said, if this ultimately proves to be a non-factor and Seattle plays all their playoff games at home and/or gets back to the SB, then I'll get over it.

If there is one positive to take from this, it's that Seattle got an honest appraisal of what Kam's backups are worth. Which turns out, isn't much. Addressing safety needs to be a big priority in the 2016 draft. You don't want to be a Kam injury away from Bailey or Shead.

On that note, I hope they ease Kam in against the Bears. I'd be fine with waiting until the 2nd half to play him.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":35nt7iho said:
12thbrah":35nt7iho said:

Are you saying that the players have not learned a thing from this episode?

players do the same year after year. What are they supposed to learn? Fans need to learn there's no team involved in being a paid pro. It's each of them against everyone else

gadgor

Reaction score
When are the press conferences usually? I want to hear Carroll's take on Kam's return.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Shead is not Kam Chancellor, but he is very atlhetic and shows good awareness, he's a great backup I think, with the potential do develop into a starter.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
kearly":2dqnpuuf said:
And so ends the dumbest holdout in recent sports memory. It's not that Kam doesn't deserve a raise, it's that when given the choice between losing Kam and setting a backbreaking precedent in the new CBA environment, the choice was ALWAYS going to be the former. Kam NEVER had a chance to win this, and only succeeded in hurting the team and himself. If my understanding is correct, Kam is the only NFL player to miss games from a holdout under the new CBA without viably threatening retirement (Carson Palmer in 2011). There's a reason you haven't seen players do it, it's just dumb as hell to try. And it's even dumber when considering the needless damage it did to a team in a SB window.

And to all those people saying Kam didn't cost us. I think he absolutely cost us win probability. Bailey slipping in the Rams game by itself was probably a 40-45% win probability swing (I'll check the official number once Advanced NFL stats stops being lazy and updates for 2015). There were a few other explosive plays given up in that game because of Bailey too. I'd guess that Bailey's win probability added in that game was around -50% if not worse.

Kam's absence is harder to quantify in the Packers game, but it's probably safe to say he cost us something substantial in a tight game. And that's not even getting into the intangibles that Kam brings. Our defense clearly looked demoralized in the first two games with the Kam cloud hanging over everyone's heads.

Maybe we are 0-2, or 1-1, or 2-0 with Kam. Nobody can say for sure, but remember that games turn on a single play all the time. His absence definitely hurt our chances to win those games, and hurt them substantially.

So while a part of me is thrilled to have him back well before that looming road game at Cincy, part of me is still upset that he was foolish enough to do this to himself and to his teammates. If our season ends in January at Lambeau, or in a different stadium with Seattle as a wildcard, I won't ever get over it 100%. That said, if this ultimately proves to be a non-factor and Seattle plays all their playoff games at home and/or gets back to the SB, then I'll get over it.

If there is one positive to take from this, it's that Seattle got an honest appraisal of what Kam's backups are worth. Which turns out, isn't much. Addressing safety needs to be a big priority in the 2016 draft. You don't want to be a Kam injury away from Bailey or Shead.

On that note, I hope they ease Kam in against the Bears. I'd be fine with waiting until the 2nd half to play him.

Yeah I don't think he cost us the Packers game, but I'm pretty sure he cost us the Rams game. That game was so close and he could've/would've tipped the scales.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
The beauty of a team sport is its not hard to find ways that had nothing to do with one player that also may have tipped the scales...

ivotuk

Reaction score
There's the lost 5th rounder too that we traded for a backup safety.

And who knows who we lost because we had to cut people in order to keep an extra safety or two?

The cost was more than just financial, but there is the money that was spent paying people who we may not keep but have to pay because they were on the 53 after the 1st game..

Lots of hidden (sunk) costs.

Glad he's back, and VERY glad that Pete and John are classy enough that they never said anything negative or nasty. This is something Russell Wilson's agent mentioned, that the Front Office never said anything negative about Russell Wilson trying to get the contract total down.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":1xvmkdlj said:

I was just about to post very similar things.
If this team finishes a game out of the playoffs, the division lead, or the 1 seed, Kam will be the one who gets the blame. Perhaps unfair, but it is a thing he created.
And who knows if he is in game shape physically. Will there be mistakes from conditioning or lack of practice? We shall see.
I think Kam may be on the market when this season is done.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2vpb4hna said:
CodeWarrior":2vpb4hna said:
I'll be booing him as loud as I can from section 134 come Sunday.

Then do me a favor and sell your ticket to someone else, please. No reason at all to boo him. He made a mistake and has paid for it. He's coming back to help the team and deserves to be forgiven. Has his past selling out of his body every week bought him no equity with fans? Come on.
EXACTLY.. If you Boo one of the major reasons this city got its first superbowl then you can go find yourself

Latest posts