Kam Chancellor

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
As far as I am concerned, MVP of the SF game.

Yes Sherman stopped the last scoring drive but Kam was everywhere.

Stopping receivers from even trying for passes, intercepting the ball, and even though that run saving tackle did not stop Kap from scoring it set a tone. He ran back and caught Kap.

In all the Sherman rant crap a lot of people lost sight of the fact that our best player and most important player that night was Kam.

I especially find that gratifying because I remember when Kam was inked to his deal, there were quite a few people that felt that he was not an important piece, we should have let him walk, he wasn't worth the money, etc. There was a massively unfair pile-on in people not wanting to give Kam and Browner the credit for how they were the defining forces that set how physical the Legion of Boom was.

To see how Kam went from a dismissed player (from some of the fans of his own team!) to such a key cog, is amazing.

That guy was a find. Stellar, stellar player.

(It is also interesting they kept him at his position. He is almost big enough to play linebacker. It is nice to see that we didn't have a front office that got sucked into trying to play him at linebacker because then he could be a really fast linebacker...remember Urlacher was a originally a safety as a for instance.)

We would have never been in a position to tip that pass and put the game away if he had not been making the plays he was making all night. He won that game against SF for us, even if the last play depended on the play of someone else.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't think there was a better football player on the field than Kam Chancellor on that particular day. I also remember some of those dismissive remarks about his extension and was frustrated by that reaction. I knew what he brought back then, but the way he's stepped up this year has been unbelievable. Now, I'd bet good money that several scouting departments around the league are combing through the college tapes for a "Kam Chancellor" prototype.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
You can make an argument that over the last month.. month in a half, the best player in the secondary has been Kam Chancellor. Dude is playing LIGHTS. OUT.

And considering how money Thomas, Sherm and Maxwell have been.. that speaks volumes.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Always loved Kam, his was the first of the new style jerseys I bought and I have never regretted it.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2shmk7t0 said:
Always loved Kam, his was the first of the new style jerseys I bought and I have never regretted it.

Same for me. Favorite Seahawk right now.

sutz

Reaction score
I know of one person that gave Kam some love.....Richard Sherman was all over Kam in at least one of his pressers. I sincerely wish there was some way to keep these guys all together for the next 3-5 years. I know the realities of the salary cap says it won't happen, but a guy can hope, right?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
So was ET in his blog. Defensively Kam for sure. DB on offense tho

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Didn't Kam shut down Jimmy Graham in both games, when the Saints played in Seattle? Anyone remembers the numbers of the best TE in football against the Hawks?
Also ... the hit he made on Vernon Davis catch last Sunday ... Davis must have nightmares of Kam, whenever he goes to bed every night. Anyone has that gif?
I can't wait for him to tattoo some of these Broncos who like to catch the ball through the middle. Personally, I think the SB will be decided in the middle. I don't expect Manning to throw lots of long balls because of the wind and also the pressure on him.

w00t

Reaction score
He's been shutting it down this season. Light's out!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Kam is the man!This guy has been overlooked by others..I sure hope he gets to do his thing against the Thomas WR/TE and even against that frail Welker..

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Bam Bam has raised his game in the playoffs to a whole nother level.

Oakhawk

Reaction score
I remember thinking during his first year that he might just be another Michael Boulware--LB trying to play safety in the NFL, and underestimating the learning curve.

As my wife will attest, I am wrong A LOT--but I love being wrong about Kam!

I'd love to get his jersey and put a "The" before his name, too

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Does anyone here think that Welker will try that pickoff move next week? Or if does, that he'll survive? And if he survives, that he'll try it twice? I can see Bam-bam knocking Welker into next Tuesday if he does. :mrgreen:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Kam has been terrific. As a unit the LOB has exceeded their own hype and still managed to keep their ego's in check during the game. Everyone knows their responsibilities and every one of them has put ego's aside and executed assignment football.

HawkWow

Reaction score
-The Glove-":xp5xv50t said:
So was ET in his blog. Defensively Kam for sure. DB on offense tho

Same here. Honorable mentions to Wagner and Lynch.

Tical21

Reaction score
This may be absurd, but I think you can make a point that we have the three best DB's in football right now. Scary.