JS excited about BJ DANIELS @ WR?

King Dog

Reaction score
The all UDFA WR corps!

Edit: Nevermind. Daniels was originally drafted in the 7th round ;)

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2dgvzgar said:
I get that we've unearthed some gems in the UDFA market... but I really hope JS/PC make a concerted effort this offseason to get a RELIABLE wide receiver. Not some converted QB from South Florida.. not Kevin Norwood.. not even Chris Matthews.. go get a veteran please. I don't care that the Percy experiment blew up in our faces, they have to try again to address the position.

Who did you have in mind?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Did he say he was excited about him specifically in the context of playing WR? Maybe he is excited about him at QB and thinks he could unseat Tavaris as the backup. I would think that Tavaris' experience would still be hugely valuable though, in the film room and such

seahawks08

Reaction score
The coaches have been raving about BJ for a while. I think JS actually did mean BJ and not Chris in one of the interviews. He definitely has a great work ethic and works really hard. They must have seen enough progress that he will compete as a WR. I feel that's why they signed another QB to help in Practice Squad.

OP
OP
HawKnPeppa

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3k0w5y3f said:
SomersetHawk":3k0w5y3f said:
Last season we were making loud noises about C-Mike. I'm excited to see what Daniels has got, Norwood has a big six months ahead of him, hopefully he makes a leap.

I agree, I'm expecting Norwood to make a big push this year. IMO he's a bigger faster version of Kearse.

With much better hands; Norwood is a ball magnet. Not sure about the 'faster' part though. Norwood is no speedster and Kearse is not exactly slow.

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":21by2tef said:
jlwaters1":21by2tef said:
SomersetHawk":21by2tef said:
Last season we were making loud noises about C-Mike. I'm excited to see what Daniels has got, Norwood has a big six months ahead of him, hopefully he makes a leap.

I agree, I'm expecting Norwood to make a big push this year. IMO he's a bigger faster version of Kearse.

With much better hands; Norwood is a ball magnet. Not sure about the 'faster' part though. Norwood is no speedster and Kearse is not exactly slow.

I want to say that Norwood timed a 4.4.

Norwood and Matthews are the 2 guys I'm most excited to watch and see how they progress. Admittedly, Matthews took the SB to really get on my radar. Norwood hasn't done anything specific for me, but I just have this gut feeling that he's going to be a key #3 for us next year and be a 1st down catching machine. I really think Norwood and Richardson were the two guys that got screwed with the Harvin deal; he got most of the reps and stunted their growth a bit.

Also on my radar is Irvin, Simon, Burley, Britt, Hill and Marsh. I think all of these guys can up their game and improve the team overall.

Latest posts