Jordan Lynch, future draft steal

kearly

Reaction score
[youtube]TXw1YOYREPM[/youtube]

Maybe I just have a thing for NIU QBs. Maybe I just have a thing for short QBs. Maybe.

That said, I feel pretty confident that Jordan Lynch would be a high first round pick next year if he was 6'2" or 6'3". But he's not. He's 6'0". Welcome to the Seahawks in the 4th or 5th round.

Yeah, he sucked against Florida State in the bowl game. But when was the last time that NIU was competitive against a college powerhouse?

This guy has elite mobility and arm talent, is highly accurate, and has great intangibles. In terms of tools he's like a shorter Colin Kaepernick, but with a far more developed set of quarterback skills.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I'm all about Jordan Lynch! I remember I had this crazy epiphany about him when I was watching him play Kent State in the MAC Championship. I realized that his running style actually reminds me of another man named Lynch of similar physical stature. Yup. Beast Mode.

He kind of waddles, doesn't look extremely athletic at first (but is that sneaky amazing athlete when you really look at it), but packs a hell of a wallop when he lowers his shoulder. And Jordan does that last thing a lot by QB standards. The best part about him is that, like Marshawn, he just keeps on wearing on the defense as the game goes along. Then you factor in his arm and you've got a legit dual-threat quarterback in the Russell Wilson mold in next season's draft. His intangibles aren't as strong, hell no one's will ever be compared to Russell really (you can only be just as good, but never better. ex: Manziel), but he's still got a great IQ for the game.

Put it this way. If he ended up being the long-term backup QB for the Hawks, I'd say we have the best QB situation in the league without a doubt. Hell, I'd say that right now as a matter of fact. And I think nothing of Brady Quinn at this point in time.

CFraychineaud

Reaction score
seems like I was always looking at #1 the WR who is catching almost everything thrown at him. Its a highlight video though, so have no clue how consistent he is. The QB is interesting though.

pehawk

Reaction score
I've been on this since December. I'm so ahead of my time, my mom and dad haven't met yet.

Rat

Reaction score
Lynch was really, really impressive last year. I talked him up quite a bit in the BCS games threads on here last year, although NIU apparently needed a lot more than Lynch to keep up for more than 2.5 quarters.

Very dynamic player. It'll be interesting to see if he gets any Heisman hype this upcoming season.

pehawk

Reaction score
Rat":tpb96smz said:
Lynch was really, really impressive last year. I talked him up quite a bit in the BCS games threads on here last year, although NIU apparently needed a lot more than Lynch to keep up for more than 2.5 quarters.

Very dynamic player. It'll be interesting to see if he gets any Heisman hype this upcoming season.

Word, I remember you talking him up.