Jimmy Graham

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Clayton said on the radio today he thinks "I'm Jimmy" is real close to getting back. :2thumbs:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
We have gone over the injury before in here and last I read is that he never tore it completely like Cruz,that does make a difference in how it heals /affects ect.

HawkGA

Reaction score
IndyHawk":17pyxq6x said:
We have gone over the injury before in here

I don't see why you think this should have any bearing whatsoever on it happening again. There would be a shortage of beaten dead horses if not for .Net!

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
He is going to be used a lot this year the pressures are off the team to bring him in asap like last year .

Ruminator

Reaction score
If Jimmy makes complete recovery, damn we could be deadly at the TE position. And what with some of the other players we've seen bulk up in the upper body during the offseason, I hope Jimmy has done likewise -- the added bulk would be a real asset toward being more assertive on the field.

I would think, however, that they bring him along nice and slow into at least the second half of the season. Glad it was only a partial tear, that probably made all the difference.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I have yet to read a credible source who said it was only a partial tear, only some supposition on this board that this might be the case. Given the way he went down, I suspect it was not a partial tear.

DJrmb

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3s3km8tj said:
Jimmy Graham off of PUP?

That's what John Clayton just reported on the radio too. Looking for a link...

Tony Softli reporting that Graham is indeed on the field practicing today and no longer on the PUP list.
.@Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham is off PUP list and is currently running routes and catching passes from @DangeRussWilson #seahawks
https://twitter.com/SoftliSEA/status/763420914516004864

253hawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/763420430124261376[/tweet]

sutz

Reaction score
Pleasantly suprised. This gives him plenty of time, like Rawls, to ease into full time contributing.

:2thumbs:

iigakusei

Reaction score
I have to admit I am shocked. Super hopeful he is ready for Week 1.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1gvpo8ug said:
We have gone over the injury before in here and last I read is that he never tore it completely like Cruz,that does make a difference in how it heals /affects ect.
Great!Glad to hear he is back and a shout to whoever stated that it wasn't completely torn so he would be back earlier than first projected.That said I hope Graham kicks ass this year.

DJrmb

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2awuhff9 said:
IndyHawk":2awuhff9 said:
Great!Glad to hear he is back and a shout to whoever stated that it wasn't completely torn so he would be back earlier than first projected.That said I hope Graham kicks ass this year.

I don't think it was only a partial tear after listening to JG's press conference today after practice. He said he looked down at his leg and there was no knee cap anymore. If it only partially tore wouldn't it still be in place?

Either way, glad he's back. Hope it doesn't effect his ability on the field too much going forward.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
DJrmb":2p58tyqg said:
I don't think it was only a partial tear after listening to JG's press conference today after practice. He said he looked down at his leg and there was no knee cap anymore. If it only partially tore wouldn't it still be in place?.

This pretty much confirms a complete tear of the patellar ligament below the patella. The only place I have heard anyone talking about a partial tear is here on .net

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1nmjcpe7 said:
I have yet to read a credible source who said it was only a partial tear, only some supposition on this board that this might be the case. Given the way he went down, I suspect it was not a partial tear.

It was just like Tobeck's patellar injury (complete tear)...the tendon rolled up like a window shade. Jimmy said he looked down and his knee cap was gone.