Jets' Nick Mangold accuses Bennett of 'dirty cheap shot'

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2owowye8 said:
Knowing what his teammate did earlier in the game to MB, its pretty ballsy to then moan about being pushed.
Yup, it's called "Crybabying"

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1nsyq5gq said:
Lol, really? After watching Bennett get cheap shot earlier, plus their players constantly grabbing our players ankles after the whistle was blown, Todd Bowles lost a lot of respect. What a punk team the Jets are

I noticed this too. The grabbing of the ankles. Saw it on at least four plays and those were the blatant ones.

SeaChat

Reaction score
There was absolutely nothing dirty or cheap about the block Mike put on him, the replay clearly shows him going to the shoulder, trying to make a path for Sherm to run thru, and he could have, had he not decided to take a knee. I'm not usually a cry baby about refs making repeated questionable calls for one team or the other, and we all hear the rumors about trying to keep the game close for the fans, and of course Vegas not loosing their arses on the odds, but in this one there were way to many more than questionable, in fact downright crazy calls against the Hawks in this one, i.e. Sherm getting called for pass interference when he was the one getting mugged, that call where they called an incomplete pass a fumble when the ball went 10 yards down the field in front of the quarterback, then the Jet rookie picks it up and runs it into the end zone for a TOUCHDOWN, really? I almost had a spaz attack when I heard the ref confirm that one. I stated after the game that the Hawks had one hell of a day, they beat the Jets, they beat the refs, and the beat the odds makers all one game. I'm afraid they better bring their best to every game this year, cause I suspect we may have to beat all three in every game we play. Go HAWKS! We are only gonna get better, no looking back till after the 2017 Super Bowl when we take that one back to Seattle where it belongs. I know I'm long winded in my post, don't know how to do it any other way [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Did the guy who head butted Bennett get a fine. If he didn't it is B.S. He should have been ejected or suspended for next game. That was ridiculous in todays game.

ivotuk

Reaction score
This is an ESPN writer? Where do I apply. I can write better shit than this:

"Bennett was penalized for an illegal above the waist."

So what, Bennett was carrying an Illegal above the waist? Piggybacking an illegal? What the hell does that mean? "An illegal above the waist." Maybe it was supposed to say "Illegally hitting a Panty Waist."

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think with Bennett's hit, if he moves his head let instead of right, there's a decent chance it gets called a clean hit. I don't think it would have taken much to get his head in front or at least to the side of the Jets player. Instead, he ducks it right and he is clearly behind him.

Hawks46

Reaction score
SirTed":31158h59 said:
Yeah, the shot by the other Jet linemen was waaaaaaaaay dirtier. I actually didn't think Bennett's play was bad, and close to a clean block - but you better believe he was looking for a bearded, white Jet linemen (the dude who hit him) and Manigold just happen to come into the cross hairs.

Yea, he has no room to talk cheap shots after the earlier cheap shot on Bennett.

It was a borderline late block, and he caught him on the side not the back. If Bennett hits you in the back, you're going to end up on your face, and Mangold didn't. Mangold was also bearing down on Sherman and was going to lay the wood even though Sherm gave himself up. The game was over; Mangold wasn't going to care if he got a flag. Bennett was saving his team mate and I'm never going to bag on a guy for that.

olyfan63

Reaction score
HawkGA":t4oseedy said:
I think with Bennett's hit, if he moves his head let instead of right, there's a decent chance it gets called a clean hit. I don't think it would have taken much to get his head in front or at least to the side of the Jets player. Instead, he ducks it right and he is clearly behind him.

This. Bennett's head goes behind the Jets player's back, thus the call. The contact was on the side, and the defender appeared to be "trying" to hold up, but who knows what happens if Bennett doesn't do that. Kudos to Bennett for protecting his brother. Worth the flag. Zero impact on the game.

HawkGA

Reaction score
There's a bit too much power given to a QB who simply needs to duck his head to get a penalty called.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Good news is the guy that head butted MB (and gave himself a concussion) got
fined for it.

The Marsh fine is crap though.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Marsh don't make enough money to be getting fined like that. Hopefully his teammates pitch in and help him out

253hawk

Reaction score
Remember, kids...

This
SerpentineDizzyGarpike.gif

Is just as bad as this, in the NFL's eyes. Same exact penalty, same exact fine amount.
cam-newton-takes-shot-to-the-head-against-broncos.gif