JACOB HOLLISTER!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sorry for the caps, but why is no one talking about this guy? He's been nothing short of amazing for a TE that cost us a 7th round pick!

Even Fantasy footballers know about him: "At least our Week 16 fantasy TE rankings don't have to worry about Jacob Hollister being a healthy scratch against the Cardinals (we think).

On the bright side for those of you who are relying on Hollister this week, Arizona was cooked again by a tight end in Week 15, just not Njoku. It was Ricky Seals-Jones in a revenge game scoring twice, so Hollister is our favorite matchup TE for fantasy championship week."

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/fantasy ... wniuhn70n8

IIRC, he has 32 catches, 8.1 YPC, and 3 touchdowns, including the game winner against Tampa Bay, who has been tearing it up lately.

"And also, maybe, just maybe, if he removed his sweat-soaked uniform and changed into street clothes, this magical moment might somehow vanish from reality.

But this performance wasn’t some crazy-real, fantastic dream — it actually happened. He really was the conquering hero and was carried off on teammates’ shoulders in celebration. A lengthy bear hug from coach Pete Carroll in front of his locker cemented the reality."

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... uccaneers/

AND... he's taken some pretty rough hits & tackles and bounced right back up. Some of those collisions with the field turf have looked rough, and I've been surprised when he got up and walked away.

In the Carolina game, I was sure he had a concussion, but some people are built to handle the hits better than others.

What a steal this guy was (much like Quandry Diggs), and im sure Bellicheat is regretting that trade.

I hope Hollister stays healthy, and keeps up his connection with Russell. Fortunately, I think we get Luke Willson back this week, and that should open things up for Hollister even more.

Go Xmas Holli(ster)!

sutz

Reaction score
Seahawks4eva":2kra3tbk said:
Just imagine Dissly and Hollister out there.
I just wish we didn't have to imagine it. :(

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Hollister has been a great addition. Clearly he has the ability to stick and perform at a high level. Alleviates the need to retain Dickson, or even address TE via the draft. Huge value there, but not even as much as the value and impact he's already making on the field.

We traded a 2020 7th round pick. So already our 2020 draft is looking excellent. Actually getting Diggs for a 2020 5th round pick is likewise.

Honestly, if we sign Clowney (3rd), our mid round picks looks outstanding.

Given the returns -- I'm wondering if it's actually not preferable to collect future mid round picks, retain some cap flexibility -- and use picks and cap space to add players in similar situations in the future. Guys that have immediate value and find themselves looking out on a rebuilding franchise's future.

niveky

Reaction score
Seahawks4eva":53q0b3is said:
Just imagine Dissly and Hollister out there.

From the first game they had Hollister out there I was already salivating at the prospects of him and Dissly out at the same time wrecking havoc on defenses, provided Dissly can stay healthy.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3vuijo00 said:
Hollister has been a great addition. Clearly he has the ability to stick and perform at a high level. Alleviates the need to retain Dickson, or even address TE via the draft. Huge value there, but not even as much as the value and impact he's already making on the field.

We traded a 2020 7th round pick. So already our 2020 draft is looking excellent. Actually getting Diggs for a 2020 5th round pick is likewise.

Honestly, if we sign Clowney (3rd), our mid round picks looks outstanding.

Given the returns -- I'm wondering if it's actually not preferable to collect future mid round picks, retain some cap flexibility -- and use picks and cap space to add players in similar situations in the future. Guys that have immediate value and find themselves looking out on a rebuilding franchise's future.

This is but more evidence of Schneider's genius. When our rookies aren't performing up to snuff, look around the league for a great, under-appreciated player that could shine in a new environment, dangle a mid-round pick in front of their GM for a couple of months, and once it looks like they need picks more than they need that player, committ larceny, and hit the playoffs at full tilt!

AND...JS has been doing this from the start! Leon Washington or Marshawn Lynch anyone?

Hollister is but the latest instance of John's burglary skills.

Largent80

Reaction score
Jeez I started a Hollister thread over a month ago. He's obviously a total beacon of awesome. Great hands, gets open, what else could you ask for?...Especially without Diss.

chris98251

Reaction score
Largent80":216mka1q said:
Jeez I started a Hollister thread over a month ago. He's obviously a total beacon of awesome. Great hands, gets open, what else could you ask for?...Especially without Diss.

Ursua didn't you know, he should be playing . Doesn't matter if he can't match up and block Linebackers and Safeties.

Largent80

Reaction score
chris98251":bxhy7w3k said:
Largent80":bxhy7w3k said:

Ursua didn't you know, he should be playing . Doesn't matter if he can't match up and block Linebackers and Safeties.
Umm slot receivers rarely block,

chris98251

Reaction score
Largent80":2dau3n5e said:
chris98251":2dau3n5e said:
Largent80":2dau3n5e said:

You forgot to cut Lockett then, Gordon was blocking his ass off and someone has to do that job, why Kearse was here also and why Brown stays here. Ursua would have to supplant Lockett, doubt that happens.

xray

Reaction score
Largent80":2q290rbh said:
chris98251":2q290rbh said:
Largent80":2q290rbh said:

my point also ...HAGN 2 all ?

balakoth

Reaction score
The problem here is.. I cannot... criticize the Seahawks ..... if I do..... Records, Last few years of play off runs... etc etc examples get brought up. Who cares if we are probably a one and done 1/2 seed right? WE MADE IT TO .. "A" playoff game..

I wish we could speak our mind here on this board... But..... I wouldn't want to upset the veterans

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
balakoth":2x1dciw1 said:
The problem here is.. I cannot... criticize the Seahawks ..... if I do..... Records, Last few years of play off runs... etc etc examples get brought up. Who cares if we are probably a one and done 1/2 seed right? WE MADE IT TO .. "A" playoff game..

I wish we could speak our mind here on this board... But..... I wouldn't want to upset the veterans

Wow. What a useless post. "I can't do this because someone else will do that."

People speak their mind all the time. There are all kinds of posts pointing out the places where this team needs to improve.

Now if you just want to post negative, this team sucks posts, then you will need to "show your work." What about this team needs to be addressed in order to prevent a one and done in the playoffs? And give us a prediction or examples. We "Old Timers" love data and descriptions. Something with some.meat on it's bones. Where will we end up in the playoffs order? 1st seed? 5th seed? Who do we match up poorly against? Also, do it in your own thread, or a thread that addresses the same topic you want to address.

This is a Hollister thread, and your comments on him, positive or negative are welcome. That is as long as they consist of more than just "Hollister sucks!" You must at least tell us why he sucks.

I look forward to your contributions! :snack:

Yxes1122

Reaction score
This may be John Schneider's best year with pro personnel since 2011.

Hollister probably has the 2nd best chemistry with Wilson right now outside of Lockett. If he and Dissly can stay healthy, I think that Seattle can be deadly out of 12 personnel.