Iupati re-signs with Seattle

sutz

Reaction score
Interesting. Perhaps his market was not so strong, and right now being a FA must suck with no ability to visit teams.

There's a lot more competition in the OL room now, though.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Love it, this guy has a ton of experience and is a road grader. Just needs to stay healthy, fingers crossed.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":19xrfa39 said:
Per 710 ESPN AM Seattle

I think this is a great signing. I know he's way past his prime but if unhurt , he's a valuable part of the team and
leader . This is good and might make the draft easier.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This brings the number of players on the roster for the OLine to 17, seems unlikely the team will be drafting a G.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Love it..No need to draft an OL ..I'm sure John is happy :lol:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Signing Iupati clearly suggests that they are considering Finney as a center. This also points to Britt either restructuring or getting released. It leans more toward the latter.

AgentDib

Reaction score
This is great news. Iupati played the second most snaps on the line and was the highest graded lineman according to PFF multiple times. He opened some huge gaps despite playing next to Joey Hunt for most of the year. Getting him back for another affordable one year deal is excellent.

getnasty

Reaction score
hawkfan68":32q2ceex said:
Signing Iupati clearly suggests that they are considering Finney as a center. This also points to Britt either restructuring or getting released. It leans more toward the latter.

This

toffee

Reaction score
AgentDib":2fkbhfmv said:
This is great news. Iupati played the second most snaps on the line and was the highest graded lineman according to PFF multiple times. He opened some huge gaps despite playing next to Joey Hunt for most of the year. Getting him back for another affordable one year deal is excellent.

how was his pass blocking?

Danny Darko

Reaction score
pressure's on Britt to take that paycut or find a new home. I hope he stays.

Very much still in the market for a young tackle, though- Duane brown is aging and i would not put all my eggs in the Shell/Jones basket.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
toffee":18szagrz said:
AgentDib":18szagrz said:

how was his pass blocking?

Merely passable. It's still a great signing.

John63

Reaction score
for continutiy great, for pass blocking lateral movement but he was nto a good pass blocker to begin with.