It's time for an INTENSE FIRE PETE campaign...

James in PA

Reaction score
Ya can't avoid change just because you're afraid that you will he worse than a borderline wildcard team. Yea, I dont want to revisit the 90's either. But, I'm done with the complete and utter failure of this head coach to not be able to field a good defense for years now. It's the one thing he needs to be great at, and he can't even produce average.

LTH

Reaction score
You need to
Oh bullshit. No one is wishing actual harm. Just frustrated at a coach who can take a talent loaded team and drive it off a cliff, year after year...
Then you better change the way you are talking about it... one post you made was about wishing pete humiliation and wishing him pain... that's unacceptable BS!!!!!

LTH

Fade

Reaction score
Ya can't avoid change just because you're afraid that you will he worse than a borderline wildcard team. Yea, I dont want to revisit the 90's either. But, I'm done with the complete and utter failure of this head coach to not be able to field a good defense for years now. It's the one thing he needs to be great at, and he can't even produce average.
Look up the investment.

It can be easily argued as the defense with most investment in the league, and they are heading for bottom 5 status.

They added, a top 5 pick, a 2nd rd pick (Which they had a 1st rd grade on.)

Dre Jones, Bobby Wagner, J.Reed, Jamal Adams finally healthy. Spent another 2nd on Leo Williams and got worse? How, Sway?!

James in PA

Reaction score
Pete, please just go out with a little bit of grace and dignity. Just admit that your style is outdated and stale. Please just retire. The invisible owner will likely allow you to stick around, so please just do the right thing and step away.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Pete's pressor after the game ...

"Battling" "played their hearts out" "creative"

Time for Grandpa to go sip some delicious lemonade on a porch swing.
Daydreaming about Monte Kiffin 1979.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Same ppl in hear crying about "Need pete fired" are same ones who will cry over the next coach and next coach and next coach. Some ppl in here are just constant whiners.

Execution matters. Sometimes the play is correct and the players failed or the opponents made a better play.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
Well IDK about that. It's about a 50/50 shot we end up with a coach who can't even match Pete's level of success. Maybe more like 70/30...
I agree, but you're talking about Pete from 10 years ago. His last two or three DC's have been at best mediocre. Hurt sucks. The team isn't improving during the year. If anything, they're regressing. They're 22-24 since 2021. The guy is like 72. He did a great job, but like Belicheat, he's getting up there and the game has passed him by.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
You need to

Then you better change the way you are talking about it... one post you made was about wishing pete humiliation and wishing him pain... that's unacceptable BS!!!!!

LTH
This ^^^^ AND, Pete's Offense scored 35 points against 'Ol' What's His Name' that ALMOST EVERYONE here on .NET wanted to REPLACE Pete Carroll with, and he did it IN SPITE OF the 'Flag Fest' that Al Michals said was "one of the WORST OFFICIATED games I've EVER witnessed in all my years of broadcasting."
My bad, he didn't say ONE of the worst, he said it was >THE WORST<

Last edited:

cymatica

Reaction score
Look up the investment.

It can be easily argued as the defense with most investment in the league, and they are heading for bottom 5 status.

They added, a top 5 pick, a 2nd rd pick (Which they had a 1st rd grade on.)

Dre Jones, Bobby Wagner, J.Reed, Jamal Adams finally healthy. Spent another 2nd on Leo Williams and got worse? How, Sway?!
Nah, they're just a couple plays and 3rd downs here and there from being great 🤭🤣

LTH

Reaction score
How can it be Pete or the players fault when it so obviously rigged against them?
I don't know if it's fixed or not... but it ain't right! They had to score 3 TD'S to get one. The PI call on Wagner was nothing short of stupid same with the one PI on Woolen. It was just trash. Yeah..it affected the results of the game and that should not be the case. I mean how many games have the Hawks lost because of a bad call. At least 3 that I can remember. The officiating should never be an excuse for losing a game but this is getting stupid... it just is.

LTH

12forlife

Reaction score
You can't bag on Pete he brought us our 1st SB! He has fielded a competitive team for a decade, even though a horrible stretch of drafts, but Pete still deserves our respect! With that said it is time for Pete to retire. I still want JS as our GM. I know this is going to be popular but what about Dan Lanning @ Oregon, then draft Nix? I'ld even be open to Harbaugh, and then draft McCarthy! This sounds good to me. We have seen how well it works for a College QB to get paired with his college WR, how about we take a winning offensive minded coach and pair him with his winning college QB? Just a thought.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Oh bullshit. No one is wishing actual harm. Just frustrated at a coach who can take a talent loaded team and drive it off a cliff, year after year...
We have several underperforming defensive players, and a key injury. Basically a huge part of this is a Front Office problem, overpaying and getting bums in free agency. Pete is a big part of the Front Office. History of chasing shiny toys that turn out to have no batteries, china dolls that break easily, and 1-and-done shiny toys that deplete our draft capital with minimal impact. Harvin, Adams, that DT a couple years ago, maybe DreMont Jones, maybe even Leonard Williams.

Dead money: R. Wilson, others.

Underperforming, D: Jamal Adams. Dremont Jones. Woolen. Diggs.
Not developing, D: Darrell Taylor.
Injured/impaired, D: Brooks
Injured/Out, D: Uchenna

Underperforming, O: Which OL?
Not developing, O: Charles Cross (Debatable)
Injured/impaired, O: Abe Lucas, Ken Walker
Injured/Out, O:

Who else fits in those categories? Basically on our D we are getting bottom 10 performance from our D for top 5 money. How much of our D problem is the players, and how much is on Hurtt's scheming and gameday calls, and how much of THAT falls on Pete?

Last edited:

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Pete has a bad habit of bringing back players he likes and "know the system" but sometimes it's detrimental because he gives them bigger paydays than they'd probably get elsewhere or he just brings in hazbins. The one exception seems to be Jarren Reed whose been performing better than expected.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Me too. The biggest reason I still want to hold on to Pete is because of his last two drafts. He and John went on a nine-year hiatus from having a drafting clue, which is bad but Belichick has done it too (ask a Patriots fan about Chad Jackson). This defense has difference makers, but 3/4 of its secondary are trash and Wagner + Reed will need replacing sooner rather than later.
None of this will fix our boring-ass, predictable, overly simplistic offensive play calling and scheming, though; and that is what is going to stop us from getting another Lombardi under Pete.

James in PA

Reaction score
During his press conferences and day after morning shows appearances, Pete always acts like they are "this close" to getting it turned around whenever they lose a heartbreaker, which is often. We "just missed" on "1 or 2 things that were the difference in the ball-game." I am so sick of this crap. So many NFL games can be described this way. I'm done buying what he's selling. The Blair Walsh choke job and beating Philly with their backup QB are his only playoff wins in the last 8 seasons! Last year's Niners can be described as a team that was "this close." It must be maddening to feel like you are so close to being great, but never being able to quite figure it out. You watch, they may very well shock us and win 1 of the next 2. Then, just when we're starting to feel good about this team again, they'll drop one to either Tennessee or Pittsburgh. That's what you get with a Pete Carroll team. Pete's "this close" to making me throw a brick through my TV.