It's official!!!!!

kpak76

Reaction score
So this guys only basis on why the Niners overtake the Hawks is because of the superbowl hangover.......

You can also tell he didn't really study the roster too much, only looked at who left and who came in. He knows absolutely nothing about the palyers that actually came in!!!

sutz

Reaction score
kpak76":fh3mo4ow said:
So this guys only basis on why the Niners overtake the Hawks is because of the superbowl hangover.......

You can also tell he didn't really study the roster too much, only looked at who left and who came in. He knows absolutely nothing about the palyers that actually came in!!!
...or those who were kept.

:229031_shrug:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
He did predict the Hawks would win the bowl before the 2013 season. Just saying.

kpak76

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3gyfw97m said:
He did predict the Hawks would win the bowl before the 2013 season. Just saying.

So did everyone else, and everyone else is still picking the Hawls to win the SB.

kpak76

Reaction score
Also, why do we still get the label as being a underaverage team on the road? Didnt we go 6-2 last year?

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
The fault in his logic lies right here:

Golden Tate, defensive linemen Red Bryant, Chris Clemons and Clinton McDonald, cornerbacks Brandon Browner and Walter Thurmond, safety Chris Maragos, tight end Kellen Davis and offensive linemen Paul McQuistan and Breno Giacomini all signed elsewhere. Maybe none of those guys individually will make the Seahawks lose sleep, but that list contains a lot of solid players and considering there wasn't one major free-agent addition, the roster has to be considered worse.

This completely ignores potential contributors added through the draft (ex: Richardson, Britt, Marsh), players returning from injury (ex: Scruggs, J. Hill, Simon....even Harvin), and highly-talented players groomed to step up into bigger roles (ex: C. Michael, Bailey/Bowie, Irvin, Lane, Shead, etc.). Never mind Kevin Williams, Eric Winston, Terrell Thomas....

OP
OP
StorytellerMatt

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
kpak76":3titoz0o said:
Also, why do we still get the label as being a underaverage team on the road? Didnt we go 6-2 last year?

I think his case is that some of those games were not as dominant, such as Carolina and St. Louis. To be expected, actually. It's tough for even the best teams to beat someone at the same level on the road as they did at home. Conversely, however, Seattle punked AZ on the road but struggled at home (although I always felt like the AZ home loss was just the boys jaking it a bit before Christmas).

I'm none too worried. I do find, however, in a lot of things I read that Seattle is supposed to struggle and probably lose their home opener to Green Bay. The mantra seems to be, "There won't be a botched play in the end zone to hand the game to Seattle this time!" I honestly don't see that. How does this team, dominant at home, lose a home opener coming off a Super Bowl loss. Oh, and this crap about Green Bay having four more weeks of rest? Hahahahahahahaha! Green Bay has had a dream vacation 35-week break, while Seattle has a tight, rugged, grueling, brutal turnaround of 31 weeks. Good heavens! Dooooooomed!

I could write better than this guy.

kearly

Reaction score
There were only three players we lost that I even wanted back for more than the minimum. Tate, Giacomini, and McDonald. Red Bryant had a nice season, but is probably on the precipice at his age and should be easy to replace at least on paper. McDonald was good but his sacks were kind of fluky, and he's been replaced by a good player in Williams.

Losing Tate and Giacomini stings. But our WR group is strong as long as we have Harvin, and it's hard for the OL to be any worse than last season.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I love it when a pundit picks the Niners to win over Seattle. Guys, this has been happening for YEARS.

During the 4 year division streak, I mean EVERY year since 2005 the Niners have been favored by some pundit.

In 2007 Troy Aikman was calling a preseason game and his exact words were "I'm just going to say it right now, the 49ers are going to win the NFCW".

He really did that and Alex Smith wasn't even QBing when he said it. The Hawks cleaned up that year, went 10-6, but lost a couple close ones and also threw the week 17 game with backups, just like they did in 05 with the Packers.

The Niners were favored by many from 2009 on... in 2010 they gave the Niners the division by default. Lol.. FINALLY, in 2011 they were right and they scraped one out in 12, but to say it now is just a guess. In 2006 it was the hangover too.. that's awesome. I love it when dudes pick the Niners.

Hey, its entirely possible, but if one REALLY looks on paper, with what the Hawks did and what the Niners did and then considers the rosters, it is just not likely that this hangover thing is legit.

I see it like this, if the cost of winning a Super Bowl is losing the next season? Sign me up right now.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3cjo6ejg said:

OP's theory debunked lol

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Don't look now but SF is losing guys like crazy. Injuries are mounting. I don't see them being much of 's challenge.. They don't have near the defense they once had and once they lose a couple of early games due to the injuries and Aldon Smiths inevitable suspension the fear will set in. Several years of coming close and the struggle and pressure to stay competitive could be too much to overcome.

Seattle is followed by St Louis

SoundSports

Reaction score
kpak76":3bbdz69z said:
Well they can call use an underaverage team on the road if they want to, but we sure don't have any problems playing in NY ;)

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Don't look now but SF is losing guys like crazy. Injuries are mounting. I don't see them being much of 's challenge.. They don't have near the defense they once had and once they lose a couple of early games due to the injuries and Aldon Smiths inevitable suspension the fear will set in. Several years of coming close and the struggle and pressure to stay competitive could be too much to overcome.

Seattle is followed by St Louis

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If Ray Rice got 2 games for beating his wife, I'll be surprised if Alldumb gets 1 game.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
He got one part right:

And it seems nobody's legend grew from practices in helmets and shorts more than running back Christine Michael. He went from a rookie who played in just four regular-season games with 18 carries to the second coming of Adrian Peterson, all before camp even started.

byau

Reaction score
I think it's pretty good reading.

You can see the entire list here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... UA4BRNbK5_

And click on each team to see his detailed review

I disagree about Kaep rising to an elite level.

I do think it's worth nothing how CLOSE they have come the last three seasons. However, my opinion: until Kaep has a few more growths in mental maturity, Seattle and SF is more like 1A and 1B. Close, but I'd still pick Seattle. That doesn't mean SF won't win it all, they still scare me. But if you ask me which team comes up big in big moments, it's Seattle.

Latest posts