It's Just Insulting...

endzorn

Reaction score
Predictions have zero effect on the outcome so it doesn't matter at all to me. However, I can see why people are picking Carolina. They beat us in our house and finished with one loss. That's a pretty salty resume.

A

Anonymous

LegendKiller":tx4colva said:
Since Monday, every reporter, analyst, radio show host etc. thinks that Carolina will win. I'm sick and tired of hearing everyone praise Cam Newton. I can't watch ESPN or NFL Network or even listen to the radio without hearing this crap. Cam Newton, the same douche that when his team is losing, he sits with that dumb towel over his head and pouts but when his team is winning, he does a stupid 30 second dance every first down or touchdown. Panther's fans and the rest of the media forget that we are the two time NFC champs and almost won back to back Superbowls. Not to mention that we've pretty much beat them every single time we've played against them. So what you beat us in the last 30 seconds off blown coverage?!!?!? Seems like everyone undermines the Seahawks will to fight especially when people doubt them. I'll be first to admit Cam Newton is a great QB but that doesn't equal to the Panthers easily getting by us just like everyone thinks. Can't wait to see Cam dab his way back to his couch after we beat them and prove the doubters wrong. Rant over. Go Hawks

Welcome LK,

One word for ya: "Paragraphs".

For the love of everything sacred, paragraphs. I know you're probably on some handheld device while you're sitting at red lights or while standing in a crowded subway car gripping a germ pole, but hit the damn enter key once or twice a post. Please.

On your OP, it's "Cam", man. He's Prime's boy and a handful of others boy too. The more attention they pay to him means less on us.

Relax, take a deep breath, it'll all be over late Sunday, then they be talking about the next opposing QB we'll be facing.

chevelle03

Reaction score
The 1 seed is being picked to win over the 6 seed. It's what you would expect. How is that insulting? I think most of the talking heads respect our team now. What was really insulting was when everyone was picking the Panthers to beat the Hawks in the 2005 NFC championship game.

francois.nc

Reaction score
chevelle03":wteb6uc3 said:
The 1 seed is being picked to win over the 6 seed. It's what you would expect. How is that insulting? I think most of the talking heads respect our team now. What was really insulting was when everyone was picking the Panthers to beat the Hawks in the 2005 NFC championship game.

Who did that? We were starting the game with our 3rd RB Nick Goings, have you ever heard of him he was a good special teamer at best, I don't think anyone was picking us..

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":tqdm1ug0 said:
Welcome LK,

One word for ya: "Paragraphs".

For the love of everything sacred, paragraphs. I know you're probably on some handheld device while you're sitting at red lights or while standing in a crowded subway car gripping a germ pole, but hit the damn enter key once or twice a post. Please.

School 300x200

12thbrah

Reaction score
Russell will destroy the Panthers secondary. I will be shocked if he doesn't throw at least 3 TDs

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
It's just the media. Take a chill pill. Carolina deserves the praise they are getting. Regarding what the media says, it won't help or hurt the teams involved. I don't watch any TV before gameday so I don't get upset like you do. Just sayin....It really does work. ;)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Phew! We almost went 24 hours with an "everyone hates us" thread. Don't scare me like that again!

btw, I've listened to an unhealthy amount of sports radio, sports TV and Twitter opinions on this game, and it's been right down the middle as to who analysts and talking heads are picking.

Seymour

Reaction score
Not sure what the OP is watching, but I'm seeing close to 1/2 of the pundits picking the Hawks. I think this is just a case of finding what you are looking for.

RussB

Reaction score
Mike rob actually said we will dominate them and it wont be close.
[youtube]tqXAfQhzlfs[/youtube]

JPatera76

Reaction score
i always find it amusing when former hawks pick against the hawks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JPatera76":2v7yx86j said:
i always find it amusing when former hawks pick against the hawks.

Why?

Don't you respect analysts regardless of past team affiliation giving us their honest opinions?

I hate ex players that are just homers and never pick against their teams. Why are you on TV if you're not going to actually give us real opinions backed by stats instead of just being homers.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The whole "disrespect the Seahawks" thing really isn't a thing anymore.

chevelle03

Reaction score
francois.nc":1r83qgco said:
chevelle03":1r83qgco said:

Who did that? We were starting the game with our 3rd RB Nick Goings, have you ever heard of him he was a good special teamer at best, I don't think anyone was picking us..

All I remember hearing before that game was how unstoppable Steve Smith was. Plenty of people were picking the Panthers in that game despite the fact that they had no chance (one reason being what you mentioned about your RB situation). I'm glad your were being realistic at the time but tons of analysts were writing us off based on our history instead of looking at the team we had THAT year. Not that it really matters what they think but I'm glad those days are over.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
It doesn't matter one iota what any pundit thinks. The game is played between the lines. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. I don't care if they all say the same ting.The majority of pundits during XLVIII had Denver winning.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Won't they be surprised to have predicted wrong?

I regard all the talking heads like Prisco as noise, all that matters is what the team thinks and I'll bet the farm the team thinks they can win this game and are preparing to shut Super Kam the heck down.

Insult away mediots, it means nothing and is worth nothing.

When the Hawks win I'm sure the same bozos will be picking the team that wins in AZ over Seattle. No sense, no feeling, no real thought either.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Dude, they are the 15-1 #1 seed with the MVP. Of course most people are picking them. Who cares? The Hawks will get all the respect in the world if they win.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Won't they be surprised to have predicted wrong?

I regard all the talking heads like Prisco as noise, all that matters is what the team thinks and I'll bet the farm the team thinks they can win this game and are preparing to shut Super Kam the heck down.

Insult away mediots, it means nothing and is worth nothing.

When the Hawks win I'm sure the same bozos will be picking the team that wins in AZ over Seattle. No sense, no feeling, no real thought either.

hannibalking

Reaction score
I could be insulted about such things, but I love it when people pick against us. Like the new SportsNation poll asking who people would rather have on Sunday between Wilson and Newton. 63% say Cam Newton, which is gonna make it even better when Wilson has a better game. :D

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I used to feed right into that crap . Not so much anymore . I know for a fact that nobody knows nothing .anyone can beat anyone any givin Sunday !

Latest posts