It doesnt matter how many guys we lose to injury...

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
We will always be in the game late in the 4th qtr as long as we have this man healthy:

Russel-Wilson-pete-carroll.jpg

:th2thumbs:

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if the OL injuries (that have been evident for a couple of years now) are at all related to the zone blocking scheme? Mr. Cable has a good rep as a OL coach especially when it comes to the run game. As far as I know, the zone blocking scheme is pretty much in the minority among the 32 NFL teams and isn't predominate in college games either. So, if college OL players that end up as Seahawks have to play something other than a power blocking game, does that make them more injury prone? Further research is obviously needed.

Injuries are so damn hard to overcome, especially when they come in bunches. After all, it is still a team game and all pieces of the team need to stay healthy or bad stuff can happen (as we've seen recently). Maybe, it's the OL coach that needs to change?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Maybe, it's the OL coach that needs to change?
No question to me if not for the reasons you're stating. If we in fact pay Wilson 20M+ a year for the next 6-7 years we will need a completely different kind of lineman and at least some shift in offensive philosophy if we plan to keep Wilson healthy and with realistic chances at success throughout the contract.

Because of the money involved Wilson will have to take on far more responsibility and probably become the focal point of the offense at some point beyond the obvious of not being able to run as much as he does now because of age and associated factors like not being able to field teams that are deep in every phase of the game.

Mojambo

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing both Cable and Bevell gone at the end of the year.

It always has struck me odd that the Seahawks divide the run game and the pass game between two different coaches. I think it could have something to do with why the passing game is so stunted.

Certainly the focus on recruitment of offensive line talent has skewed too heavily towards the run game, IMHO.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Mojambo":19yv0e48 said:
I think this statement and similar ones by several others in here are so incredibly naive. The idea that fans sitting in the peanut gallery have more knowledge on who should play, who should be cut, who should be fired, than those highly paid experts who make the decisions on a daily basis is just ridiculous.. You have no idea of the real problems involved. Because the team isn't perfect every week you have all the answers on the solution. I don't think so...
With all of this knowledge why aren't you making millions as an NFL coach? Do you also believe Pete or John could walk into your company tomorrow and do a much better job than you?
Leave the decisions to those who are paid to make them and sit back and enjoy the games, win or lose...

HawkWow

Reaction score
I am certain Pete Carroll could do my job better than I. I'd be quite disappointed in him if he couldn't. And in very rare instances, some could do his job better than him. Don't make me pull the H card...cuz I'll do it!

evergreen

Reaction score
Mojambo":2gdut8m7 said:

It always has struck me odd that the Seahawks divide the run game and the pass game between two different coaches. I think it could have something to do with why the passing game is so stunted.

Certainly the focus on recruitment of offensive line talent has skewed too heavily towards the run game, IMHO.
Could be we don't draft receivers that start... Baldwin and Kearse.

Jville

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1tstxccz said:
Is zone blocking that rare. Not sure it's prevalent but not its like the run and shoot is it?

In Response to questions about offensive and defensive schemes in the NFL: .......

I have not seen a presentation for 2014. However, the following links are compiled presentations of the 32 offensive and defensive schemes for 2012 and 2013.

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://nflsfuture.com/2012/03/28/team-by-team-offensivedefensive-schemes/#[/urltargetblank]

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://nflsfuture.com/2013/03/22/team-by-team-offensivedefensive-scheme-profile/[/urltargetblank]

It looks like half the league has been using man/power and half has been using stretch zone ..... interesting that Seattle has made a departure with a lot of inside zone in recent weeks.

:177692: no thanks are necessary .... one is glad to be of service.

Latest posts