It’s been 7 years folks

Mix

Reaction score
Have they built the statue in Santa Clara yet?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Fact is he was not a good qb...a real good team at the time ruined because krapper sucked. The political stuff was his gig to continue to get paid knowing his playing career was going down the tubes. San fran possibly has 2 more rings if he wasn't qb. Rw3 and his weaknesses were hidden by great coaching and even a better supporting cast. Krapper and his one read was just too easy...

morgulon1

Reaction score
Fact is he was not a good qb...a real good team at the time ruined because krapper sucked. The political stuff was his gig to continue to get paid knowing his playing career was going down the tubes. San fran possibly has 2 more rings if he wasn't qb. Rw3 and his weaknesses were hidden by great coaching and even a better supporting cast. Krapper and his one read was just too easy...
He was a very fast one dimensional QB who I'm impressed he was able to get as far as he did . He did have a phenomenal team around him but his passing sucked. Seattle figured this out (took them awhile).

I wonder how things Would've turned out had they kept Alex Smith. HE was a decent enough player, went on to do well with the Chiefs.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I have zero respect for Kaepernick and anything he ever said or did. He could have, if he wanted to, gone to any City Center or State Capital in the country to get an audience with law makers and policy makers, mayors and police chiefs, to have a real discussion with them about what they might do to change policies, or at least highlight what changes he thought they should make. You know, if he was serious about making the changes people believed he wanted to make.

Then there was the video equating NFL players to slaves...

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
I have zero respect for Kaepernick and anything he ever said or did. He could have, if he wanted to, gone to any City Center or State Capital in the country to get an audience with law makers and policy makers, mayors and police chiefs, to have a real discussion with them about what they might do to change policies, or at least highlight what changes he thought they should make. You know, if he was serious about making the changes people believed he wanted to make.

Then there was the video equating NFL players to slaves...
NFL players are highly paid indentured servants.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Ignorant bigots…seven years later and they still have no clue…

This is America..
Don’t catch you slippin’ now..

BlueTalon

Reaction score
NFL players are highly paid indentured servants.
I don't know if you've seen the video I'm referring to, but Kaep compared the process of prospective NFL players being measured & weighed & being given physicals to slaves being sold on the slave market. I couldn't help but noticing that all of the NFL players in his video had dark pigmented skin, as if light pigmented skin players don't go through exactly the same process.

It's almost as if he had deliberately tailored his video to appeal to people with smooth brains and fuzzy thinking skills to get them to make a racial connection that doesn't exist.

NoGain

Reaction score
As strange as it may seem being the football fan that I am, I paid very little attention to the whole Kaepernick thing. It just didn't interest me at all. I'm not sure why. I care about social issues. But this one just never grabbed my attention.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I don't know if you've seen the video I'm referring to, but Kaep compared the process of prospective NFL players being measured & weighed & being given physicals to slaves being sold on the slave market. I couldn't help but noticing that all of the NFL players in his video had dark pigmented skin, as if light pigmented skin players don't go through exactly the same process.

It's almost as if he had deliberately tailored his video to appeal to people with smooth brains and fuzzy thinking skills to get them to make a racial connection that doesn't exist.
Because if you can’t see it, then it doesn’t exist…

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Because if you can’t see it, then it doesn’t exist…
You don't think it's a little bit interesting that Kaepernick made a video depicting the NFL induction process as a modern day slave market, without bothering to include any white players going through the same induction process as the black players?

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
You don't think it's a little bit interesting that Kaepernick made a video depicting the NFL induction process as a modern day slave market, without bothering to include any white players going through the same induction process as the black players?
So you’re upset because he didn’t include a “white” man? Would that change your mind about his opinion?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
So you’re upset because he didn’t include a “white” man? Would that change your mind about his opinion?
I'm not "upset" that he didn't include "a 'white' man", I'm disgusted that he made the video at all. There is nothing analogous at all in the NFL that harkens back to slavery. Anyone who believes there is a similarity lacks perspective and thinking skills.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I'm not "upset" that he didn't include "a 'white' man", I'm disgusted that he made the video at all. There is nothing analogous at all in the NFL that harkens back to slavery. Anyone who believes there is a similarity lacks perspective and thinking skills.
According to you…