International 12th man

Hawkspur

Reaction score
When I started following the Seahawks I was 7450 miles or so away in Christchurch, NZ, although these days I'm usually a mere 4730 miles away in Bristol, UK.

Cartire

Reaction score
HawksSoc":nwddri4a said:
Cartire":nwddri4a said:
I do have a question for all you true internationals (not locals who live internationally). How did you get into American Football and why did you pick the Seahawks as your team? I'd be interested to know.

Well I started watching it randomly on tv, thought it looked real sweet, then decided I needed a team, so stuck on Madden 07, went to create a game, clicked random team, and up popped the Hawks, and have followed em since!

Thats the purest answer ever.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I live in Tokyo, own season tickets and usually make it to 4 to 6 games a year. Probably 6 this year. For games I don't attend I get the NFL game pass, only allowed outside of North America.

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
Well I started watching it randomly on tv, thought it looked real sweet, then decided I needed a team, so stuck on Madden 07, went to create a game, clicked random team, and up popped the Hawks, and have followed em since!

This is how I came to follow the Hawks also! after having played madden since the 90's thought I'd follow a team in '03 after meeting up with lads in the UK to play flag football down the park. All suported different teams but one who I met up with alot was a Pitsburg fan so it made for a great rivalry in '05 & beyond. I live over 7000 miles away in NZ so not the winner, but a decent effort.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
WELCOME ALL BANDWAGONERS!!!

:p Just kidding.

I remember the time I met a guy in Germany in 2004 who spotted me on the street wearing a Seahawks hat. He was so excited, telling me about how he adopted the Hawks simply because they played in the first NFL game he watched.

As a Seattle born and raised kid who grew up in the dreadful early 90's when my own classmates mocked me for liking the Seahawks, I've always found it crazy cool to find Hawks fans in other parts of the country or world. Super cool.

Go Hawks!

Bullmeister

Reaction score
According to Google Earth I live 8180.44 miles (13165.25km) from C-Link.
Been following them since I first discovered NFL, only about 30 years ago.

BTW, anyone from South Africa (SE coast) would be the furthest.

kev007

Reaction score
Hi guys

4781 miles - Near Woodbridge in Suffolk (used to be several USAF airbases nearby - Bentwaters for one).

Been a fan since the mid 80s - everyone else was following the Raiders, 49ers, Skins or Dolphins as they were the teams who seemed to be on TV here the most; saw a Seahawks vs Broncos game and decided the 'Hawks were the team for me.

Never been to a game live - one day.......

Kev

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":59bb30hp said:
One of the things that really got me buzzing about the Seahawks again was discovering that a radio DJ from the BBC who covered my local team also wrote a draft blog for the Seahawks and by discovering that blog I found myself getting quite excited about the draft.

I like this guy...

8)

sutz

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":52nef8ir said:
UK_Seahawk":52nef8ir said:
One of the things that really got me buzzing about the Seahawks again was discovering that a radio DJ from the BBC who covered my local team also wrote a draft blog for the Seahawks and by discovering that blog I found myself getting quite excited about the draft.

I like this guy...

8)
The operative question is: How much did you pay him?

:D

glasgow seahawks

Reaction score
Highland Hawk......awesome FREEDDDDOOOMMM my fellow scot 8)

Well as the name suggests I live in Glasgow Scotland. Been a fan of US sports since 88, been a hawk fan since then too. Born in Scotland moved to Seattle (well Auburn) in 88 as my mum (mom to you guys) married an american guy. He was raised in auburn and got a job at Boeing in Pacific/Algona. Started following the sports and playing as you do and my love grew from there. Basketball and the sonics where my first love then mariners/hawks. The fact they all play different parts of the year helped me follow them all. As I have got older (and our sonics got took) I have fell away from baseball and basketball (just a passing interest) and I am insane abut football. Moived back to the UK in 2001 fell away from all US sports for 6-7 years but got right back into it around 2008 and my love has grown since.

I am the only hawk fan I personally know in the UK, but I know we have hundreds due to forums and twitter

With regards to the english seahawk/Rob, it is quite funny following him on twitter. I to am a huge soccer fan and Rob is huge on lower league english soccer, I followed him expecting reports on the hawks, however he as part of his day job does a lot of tweeting with regards to soccer. To be fair to him, my knowledge of lower league teams is growing by the day :mrgreen:

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Cartire":2im2vl0v said:
HawksSoc":2im2vl0v said:
Cartire":2im2vl0v said:
I do have a question for all you true internationals (not locals who live internationally). How did you get into American Football and why did you pick the Seahawks as your team? I'd be interested to know.

Thats the purest answer ever.

Purest? Is that a good thing? :p

Latest posts