Interesting reading on RG3's injury and Shanny's LIES

OP
OP
SharkHawk

SharkHawk

Reaction score
So he has done nothing but work his butt off to develop all kinds of new procedures to save athlete's careers, and now he's just being a media hog for book sales? That's a pretty low opinion of a great man. As far as I can tell the media went and asked him. He answered honestly. He's an honest man.

I think you don't understand Dr. Andrews reach or the fact that he'd need media attention at all to sell his book. Believe me. He doesn't. Every sports physician in America will buy it and probably already have it pre-ordered. Call it a lost in translation if you want, but I think you're besmirching a man that you apparently don't quite understand his stature and reach in the sports world here in the States. He's a legend beyond a legend and has changed the medical world in many meaningful ways. As far as needing press. He doesn't need it. I know a kid whose parents flew him to Alabama to have surgery with Dr. Andrews because he was a promising baseball pitcher. They remortgaged their house to have a 16 year old operated on. They knew who he was. Everybody does. He isn't some nobody doctor like the trainers for Roger Clemens who want to save syringes and use an athlete to get press. I bet more people knew of James Andrews (and probably still do) than Robert Griffin in America because of his reach in the medical community. He is highly published, respected and I've never once heard a bad word about the man.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
As has already been mentioned this guy doesn't need the money so why would he intentionally contradict Shamahan the night before a playoff game?

On a different tact. What if the Redskins wanted an opponent fixated on an injury (real or imagined)? An injury that might not be as bad as it was made to seem? That opponent might take a different approach to defending him.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Wow that's just...... Wow what a p. o. s !!!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Just looked up Dr. Andrew's resume and needless to say, it's damn impressive. Jordan, Brady, Triple MF'ING H, Olympic athletes, etc. Yeah, I don't think he needs THIS to sell books.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
SharkHawk":2xd1v1kj said:
So he has done nothing but work his butt off to develop all kinds of new procedures to save athlete's careers, and now he's just being a media hog for book sales? That's a pretty low opinion of a great man. As far as I can tell the media went and asked him. He answered honestly. He's an honest man.

I think you don't understand Dr. Andrews reach or the fact that he'd need media attention at all to sell his book. Believe me. He doesn't. Every sports physician in America will buy it and probably already have it pre-ordered. Call it a lost in translation if you want, but I think you're besmirching a man that you apparently don't quite understand his stature and reach in the sports world here in the States. He's a legend beyond a legend and has changed the medical world in many meaningful ways. As far as needing press. He doesn't need it. I know a kid whose parents flew him to Alabama to have surgery with Dr. Andrews because he was a promising baseball pitcher. They remortgaged their house to have a 16 year old operated on. They knew who he was. Everybody does. He isn't some nobody doctor like the trainers for Roger Clemens who want to save syringes and use an athlete to get press. I bet more people knew of James Andrews (and probably still do) than Robert Griffin in America because of his reach in the medical community. He is highly published, respected and I've never once heard a bad word about the man.

Some of the world's most respected and famous people do what it takes to sell a book. Why does anyone famous promote a book? People with a lot of money always want more.

And hey - looks like he did a real good job voicing his concerns didn't he? Looks to me like he kept these thoughts to himself and let the team do what they want. And now he's clearing his conscience in public. I'm not doubting his reputation but this has not been handled well IMO. And as for being asked about it, nobody put a gun to his head.

And while you call it honest, I call it pissing on your employer. This isn't a matter you just blurt out in the media. We'd be royally pissed if he'd done that to the Seahawks and Wilson.

mikeak

Reaction score
1) A doctor doesn't clear a player that quickly
2) A doctor builds a reputation over years of service and isn't going to let a coach lie about what he said. Especially not when the doctor doesn't actually need the team
3) Shanahan and many other coaches have been fined many times for lying about injuries so why should we trust them this time

Very simple in my mind and I would say the same regardless of who the coach was

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I am not surprised, Shanny knows his best chance to win is with RG3, who wants to play. We all saw the hit and frankly it gave me chills thinking that Griffin would be hurt after showing some much success. I like that kid and hate that Shanny is willing to risk potentially a career by bringing him back that soon, especially with Cousins playing well.

When I saw that hit, I didn't think RG3 was coming back this SEASON.. Griffin is young though and obviously strong. Redskin or not, watching Griffin has been great, especially against the Cowboys on TDay.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't think the Doc needs to sell anything other than his services, he is WELL known in the sports community and by fans. He was obviously concerned about the injury and wanting to cover his ass. IMHO, if he makes a mistake without having it covered he has more to lose with his reputation.

OP
OP
SharkHawk

SharkHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":c7pyi54i said:
SharkHawk":c7pyi54i said:

Some of the world's most respected and famous people do what it takes to sell a book. Why does anyone famous promote a book? People with a lot of money always want more.

And hey - looks like he did a real good job voicing his concerns didn't he? Looks to me like he kept these thoughts to himself and let the team do what they want. And now he's clearing his conscience in public. I'm not doubting his reputation but this has not been handled well IMO. And as for being asked about it, nobody put a gun to his head.

And while you call it honest, I call it pissing on your employer. This isn't a matter you just blurt out in the media. We'd be royally pissed if he'd done that to the Seahawks and Wilson.

Well, at least we can all agree on the fact that it must be nice to have your opinion and never be able to concede to another, even when presented with an excellent argument from many others who have confirmed what I have said. I wish I could say as much about myself, but then again.... I'm not infallible and have been convinced by others many times when presented with facts that support their argument and inform me about somebody of which I know little other than what I googled 2 hours ago and formed said opinion and refuse to concede even a bit. I just go on past history of the two people involved and come to a conclusion. You're absolutely convinced of your cynical view on Dr. Andrews. I'm not willing to go there because he doesn't have a history of it (Where Shanahan fully does have a history of dishonesty when it comes to injury situations.... you can research that as well).

I'll concede the argument to you and assume you're right and my years of interaction with those who have worked with him as a sham, as you're certain he's somehow just become a media whore and huckster today of all days after not doing so in his entire career of practicing medicine. He is to physicians what Michael Jordan is to basketball, and Shanahan is to coaching what well Michael Jordan was to coaching. But so much for that. You're convinced that he's done this for some personal gain reasons, and I took exception, but maybe I just put Dr. Andrews on a pedestal as I am a pretty altruistic person and see his good works and don't see him as the Kardashians, but I'm not seeing things from your POV, which is yours to keep and I'm grateful I saw things the way I did. But maybe the world isn't full of people that are better than they seem like Dr. Andrews. Deep down, everybody wants more fame and more money and typically manipulates the media for personal gain in well planned "guerilla junkets".