Injury Report

tdlabrie

Reaction score
A bit off topic (sorry OP) but regarding injuries, do we have a link somewhere that talks about longer injuries and their status? I know about Harvin, eligible to return to practice Monday, with Pete saying "maybe". But what about Okung, what's his rehab status and anticipated return? Giacomini? How about Jeremy Lane for Special Teams? I think I saw Lane is close. Others?

Hate all these injuries! I'd like to see everybody back for New Orleans, SF and, ofcourse, the playoffs.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything concrete on Breno? They said oh they cleaned up his knee? What the hell does that mean? Tendon damage, miniscus just curious!

The Outfield

Reaction score
tdlabrie":1s17uiup said:
A bit off topic (sorry OP) but regarding injuries, do we have a link somewhere that talks about longer injuries and their status? I know about Harvin, eligible to return to practice Monday, with Pete saying "maybe". But what about Okung, what's his rehab status and anticipated return? Giacomini? How about Jeremy Lane for Special Teams? I think I saw Lane is close. Others?

Hate all these injuries! I'd like to see everybody back for New Orleans, SF and, ofcourse, the playoffs.

Okung will be out until at least week 8 (probably week 10). I imagine Giacomini, having had surgery, will probably be coming back around week 8 or 9.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Lane is probable this weekend. (for the person asking about him)

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Erebus":nzx0vsi2 said:
Here's the Titans injury report.

Probable:
RB Jackie Battle
S Michael Griffin

Questionable:
LB Patrick Bailey
DT Sammie Hill
DE Derrick Morgan
CB Cody Sensabaugh
OT David Stewart
CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson

Out:
LB Zaviar Gooden
RB Shonn Greene
QB Jake Locker

Obviously everyone knows Locker is out, and that's a huge blow to them. I don't know enough about their other players to know which ones would be a big loss.

Let's talk some about those players For the Titans who will miss this game ... as well as those that could ... and how that might affect things ...

Notable Titans who are OUT ...

QB Jake Locker (of course) is the biggest lost for the Titans in this game. With him, they might have a chance ... without him, I give them virtually none. Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't a bad QB by any means, but he ain't exactly what you'd call good either. He's decidedly average (he has a career QB Rating of 76.7). That said if you'll recall, he was the QB on the other side of that 50-17 whooping of Buffalo last season. The Hawks went on the road and forced Fitzpatrick in to throwing 2 INT's and holding him to a QB Rating of just 58.8. Think that's going to improve tomorrow in a hostile environment like the CLINK? Hardly.

RB Shonn Greene Outside of Locker, Greene is the other guy that has Titans fans crying in their drinks. Greene was one whom Titans fans had a lot of promise for, as it's been clear that Chris Johnson has lost a step (he's averaging only 3.1 yards/carry.) Greene has been battling a knee injury since facing the Steelers in Week 1. They'd hoped to have him back this week, but no dice. 30 year old Jackie Battle (who's averaging only 3.6 yards/carry in limited duty) and who scares nobody will continue to spell Johnson. If Johnson truly HAS lost a step and is no longer the real HR threat he used to be anymore ... things could get ugly real quick for the Titans tomorrow.

Notable Titans who are QUESTIONABLE ...

DE Derrick Morgan sustained a shoulder injury last Sunday against the Chiefs. He didn't practice either Wednesday or Thursday and was a limited participant in practice on Friday. As their starting LDE, he can be a force both in terms of rushing the passer and against the run. Last season, he posted an 81% stop rate according to Football Outsiders (which ranked #22 in the league.) If he doesn't play on Sunday, that could be a real boon for a beleaguered Seahawks Offensive Line.

DT Sammie Lee Hill (the Titans starting LDT) has been out since the Houston game in Week 2. Though some have been happy with the play of back-up Antonio Johnson, others have been crying for Lee's return. He's somewhat of an unknown commodity, as he hasn't logged much time since being signed as a FA from the Lions this past offseason. I would say that the Titans envision him in that Colin Cole role of who takes on double teams and allows others to make plays behind him.

CB Coty Sensabaugh sustained a concussion in the Chiefs game last week. This one in particular could make things really interesting if he doesn't end up going on Sunday. Sensabaugh is their starting Nickel CB and is responsible for covering slot receivers. Last game when he went out, the Titans actually moved Verner inside, as Tommie Campbell (another back-up) just doesn't appear cut out for covering that quicker receivers in the slot. He would be a big blow if he couldn't go, as Blidi Wreh-Wilson (their 3rd Round Pick this year) is also listed as questionable and did not participate all week with a hamstring issue. Now, Sensabaugh was listed as a full participant on Friday ... but who knows if he's truly 100% or is going to be suffering potential after affects from that concussion. It's entirely possible to still be experiencing headaches, cognitive issues, or problems concentrating 10 days or more afterwards. We'll see.

T David Stewart the Titans starting RT has been hobbled this week by an ankle injury. He was unable to practice either Wednesday or Thursday, but was listed as a full participant on Friday. Despite that, he's listed as Questionable (50/50 whether or not he'll play.) Even if he does, you've got to wonder how effective he's going to be. Personally, I'm thinking that Red Bryant could have a big day tomorrow. If I'm Quinn, I would probably look to attack the Titans on the right side, bringing pressure by blitzing Michael Bennett or O'Brien Schofield off that side. I'm personally keeping a real eye on the right side of that Titans Offensive Line tomorrow.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Very generous of you to put that together. I don't know half those guys. Your insight helped. Hope to see you do this again on Wednesday. ; )

Jacob

Reaction score
It is to bad Jake will not be there for his home coming. Wanted to see him race our pass rushers.