Imagine trading Russ & watch him light it up on another team

seabowl

Reaction score
I have been convinced for a year now that Russ and Pete cannot coincide anymore and yes I do think he will be traded. My concern is if he does go to another team and perform very well, and then the Hawks falter without him, I will be really pissed that they made the wrong move by not getting rid of Pete instead. Also it will likely prove that we wasted the best QB we ever had in his prime. I sure hope they get this right as it will be tough as a fan if the scenario I mention happens.

Thoughts?

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Okay, and now imagine trading Russ for multiple 1st rounders & watch him have the same issues he has here on another team.

Spongebob squarepants spongebob

massari

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":2ocdo99w said:
Okay, and now imagine trading Russ for multiple 1st rounders & watch him have the same issues he has here on another team.
Why would teams give up multiple 1sts for a QB in his mid 30's that has so many issues?

Bloggers have figured out he has lost his mobility, can't produce from the pocket and needs an elite run game to have any sort of success, so I'm assuming GMs have come to this conclusion as well.

2nd rounder for Wilson if we're lucky

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
massari":3e38f601 said:
MyrtleHawk":3e38f601 said:
Why would teams give up multiple 1sts for a QB in his mid 30's that has so many issues?

Bloggers have figured out he has lost his mobility, can't produce from the pocket and needs an elite run game to have any sort of success, so I'm assuming GMs have come to this conclusion as well.

2nd rounder for Wilson if we're lucky

Rams traded 2 firsts and a 3rd for Stafford, anything can happen. Do you think Stafford is better than Wilson?

massari

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":2jidm50a said:
Rams traded 2 firsts and a 3rd for Stafford, anything can happen. Do you think Stafford is better than Wilson?
Yes, far better. Mike Salk and all my favorite bloggers know what they're talking about!

Did I mention defenses have already found that all you need to do is park 2 deep safeties to stop Russ now? Wilson's QB rating, yards, TD, low INT stats are all a facade! Not even a top 15 QB imo.

I'd be happy to get Gardner Minshew for Russ

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
massari":2lj5uinp said:
MyrtleHawk":2lj5uinp said:
Yes, far better. Mike Salk and all my favorite bloggers know what they're talking about!

Did I mention defenses have already found that all you need to do is park 2 deep safeties to stop Russ now? Wilson's QB rating, yards, TD, low INT stats are all a facade! Not even a top 15 QB imo.

Well, there's at least 5 teams in the NFL right now that needs a solid QB and this year's QB draft class looks pretty bland. Like I said, anything could happen.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Regardless of what happens, people will see the situation in whichever manner helps confirm their priors. The mental gymnastics will be astounding.

Russell could go 11-6 and exit in the divisional round with another team, and people would scream about it despite the fact that they'd be wringing their hands over the same result here. It happens.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
He could be the next Tom Brady / Matt Stafford situation.

Or he could be the next Alex Smith / Carson Wentz. Who knows!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm sure many will celebrate. Would be stupid to trade him. But I'm at the point where I'm starting to think it actually happens.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
massari":28976cki said:
MyrtleHawk":28976cki said:

Thanks for the new signature! You have successfully unseated ludakrishna.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If Russ wins a single divisional playoff game elsewhere, he would be doing better than he has here for over half a decade.

If he goes to the playoffs at all elsewhere, it would be an improvement over last year.

But if the team trades him, not clear how they can tell their fans they are relevant anymore. Or there is any shot at the playoffs for this team.

They tell all the ticketholders they are packing it in if they trade him.

You cannot say you are serious about winning and then trade the very player that drives those wins. The Rams traded picks for a QB, because effective QBs are more important than multiple picks.

If you have high draft picks, you have a CHANCE at a good QB. A sliver of a chance at a great QB.

But if you don't have a great QB....you have no chance.

I get the issue, Russ is going to want to leave anyway. But this is like GB trading Rodgers, the moment you do that - you concede and join the bottom tier of the NFL. (Maybe not the bottom tier, with Carroll you are staying near .500 regardless)

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":6fzly3mn said:

Spongebob squarepants spongebob
Agreed.

I do not believe Wilson has the ability to lead a team to the Super Bowl if it isn’t absolutely stacked.

Wilson, like it or not, does not shred defenses with his passing.

After the Patriots Super Bowl, Seattle has gotten worse in these areas:

OL, DL, DB, and RB.

Without these position groups playing as well, Wilson cannot lead the team as well as he could.

If Seattle is stacked in these areas, yes, he could but the problem isn’t just Wilson, it’s just bad management.

Failed drafts ultimately have been the downfall of Seattle.

Do I believe Wilson has evolved into a better pocket passer? Yes and no.

Yes because he’s a vet QB that has seen all defensive game plans by now but because the offensive line and his run game isn’t elite anymore, teams don’t respect Seattle’s run game and they know the offense lives and dies with Wilson.

If you take the 2021 Wilson and put him on the 2012 Seahawks, Seattle could still win the Super Bowl.

If you take the 2012 Wilson and put him on the 2021 Seahawks, Seattle definitely wouldn’t win.

Bottom line, Wilson is only as good as the pieces around him.

The Seahawks has to be loaded for Wilson to win a Super Bowl.

If Wilson is to win a Super Bowl with another team, that team needs to absolutely be already loaded everywhere but QB. And then Wilson can take them over the top.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
At this point, people should just be thankful they had Wilson - because without him all this winning would not have happened.

If he truly wants to go somewhere else to try and win because he knows there is not much chance at playoff success here?

Completely understand.

When he is gone, you are going to realize what we had. And why it was a bummer Carroll was squandering it.

Just like when Carroll is gone, we will probably realize that most teams don't get to go into every game expecting they will win - for almost a decade. That likely leaves when Carroll does.

But the ride is slowing, likely close to over. It was fun while it lasted and that is why people were so upset we were not focusing on doing more while we were in a position to do so.

It is pretty much a given that the Seahawk's time as one of the top-tier NFL teams is coming to an end. You could even argue that we have been on the downslope for the past few years.

The weaknesses of Wilson are well known but we also took advantage of many of his strengths to win despite them. It is going to be much choppier water for us when he goes but we might be able to continue to win as a team like the Browns or maybe the Dolphins.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
I'm a Seahawk fan, true blue.

What ever happens with Wilson is fine with me. I've loved the benefits of having him in Seattle and wish him well if he is traded. His pay has created a problem with cap at this time, but he was living with his rookie contract for years. The FO should of seen this coming, the fix was pay him the most money and we'll adjust as we go. This is what we reap.

Age is creeping up on Russ as it is with all. I believe he wants to stay. The day of free agency has affected all these individual all stars. This is a team sport and it's gotta be Hell for players to take the responsibility for losses because of their high paycheck. I'm sure Russ is in this boat. If he wants to remain in Seattle and support our fan base he needs to sit down in the FO and negotiate as he did last year to keep players.

Come on Russ be the bigger man!

Latest posts