I'm in heaven

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Largent80":3su2hu3a said:
Watch Denver beat the NFC west in the pre-season and get demolished when it counts....snicker.

Denver is actually playing the Seahawks and 49ers smart because they know they play the NFC West this year and its good for that team to kind of peel off their finesse label and set the tone for toughness. Even if its pre-season that type of bulldog mentality should still do them good.

Seahawks played the Broncos tough, on the road, even though it was apparent that the Broncos were emotionally charged to make a statement and the Seahawks sat 18 players.Seahawks loss came down to a dropped TD by an RB and a Kaepernick-esque decision in crunchtime by Pryor.

49ers laying an egg though and letting all three Broncos QBs demolish them in their own house after getting thrashed by the Ravens, there is no excuse for that. While I think the 49ers are still a great team I think you're starting to see the aging process of a team that has played 8 post season games the last 3 years and those shortened off-seasons might be catching up with them. Their veterans have gotten lethlargic and their system doesn't really allow younger players to compete. While I don't think the 49ers will collaspe at the same time it would not surprise me if their foundation is starting to crumble away.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":16540m5b said:
Largent80":16540m5b said:
Watch Denver beat the NFC west in the pre-season and get demolished when it counts....snicker.

Denver is actually playing the Seahawks and 49ers smart because they know they play the NFC West this year and its good for that team to kind of peel off their finesse label and set the tone for toughness. Even if its pre-season that type of bulldog mentality should still do them good.

Seahawks played the Broncos tough, on the road, even though it was apparent that the Broncos were emotionally charged to make a statement and the Seahawks sat 18 players.Seahawks loss came down to a dropped TD by an RB and a Kaepernick-esque decision in crunchtime by Pryor.

49ers laying an egg though and letting all three Broncos QBs demolish them in their own house after getting thrashed by the Ravens, there is no excuse for that. While I think the 49ers are still a great team I think you're starting to see the aging process of a team that has played 8 post season games the last 3 years and those shortened off-seasons might be catching up with them. Their veterans have gotten lethlargic and their system doesn't really allow younger players to compete. While I don't think the 49ers will collaspe at the same time it would not surprise me if their foundation is starting to crumble away.
Just enough already....Denver will be lucky to go 1-3 v NFC West when it's for real. We will kill them, the 49ers didn't even try.... Arizona may kill Peyton and then St.Louis is up with a healthy Bradford.

New England is your AFC Superbowl opponent this year. Denver is old and only because of the new rules almost relavent.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":x4awjt0r said:
Largent80":x4awjt0r said:

If Denver thinks they were showing how tough they are and throwing their knock out punch then the 49ers and Seahawks were just in the ring as a sparring partner. When both teams are fighting for real the Seahawks and 49ers along with the rest of the West are going to think they hit like girls to use a term, no insult intended to the girls or ladies in the forum.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I disagree... Denver's offense is still one of the best in the NFL and Peyton Manning is still a elite QB and getting one of the best LTs back in Ryan Clady will only help stabalize their O-Line.

Add a healthy Derrick Wolfe, Kevin Vickerson, Von Miller to their front 7 plus a Demarcus Ware not only should boister their pass-rush but it makes one of the stingiest Run Defenses in the NFL much more formidable and because of those injuries much of their backups are proven and have experience.

Then you add a healthy Chris Harris and Rahim Moore to newcomers TJ Ward and Talib you're looking at a revamped 2ndary that has the ingredients to put up a solid 2ndary.

I wouldn't underestimate them based on last year, if you think they will be 1-3 against the NFC W that is your opinion but as long as their players stay healthy and their new comers come to play they have the personell of a top 3 offense and a top 10 defense.

They are like a more balanced, more dangerous Arizona Cardinals team and I wouldn't take them for granted.

They are doing everything right and playing with a huge chip on their shoulders and showing they won't be bullied by the likes of Seattle and San Fran. Even if its the pre-season, that type of mentality is going to help them in the long run.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I know preseason does not matter, but its the grand opening of their new stadium and they get mauled to death :D

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":18yrzl7w said:
I disagree... Denver's offense is still one of the best in the NFL and Peyton Manning is still a elite QB and getting one of the best LTs back in Ryan Clady will only help stabalize their O-Line.

Add a healthy Derrick Wolfe, Kevin Vickerson, Von Miller to their front 7 plus a Demarcus Ware not only should boister their pass-rush but it makes one of the stingiest Run Defenses in the NFL much more formidable and because of those injuries much of their backups are proven and have experience.

Then you add a healthy Chris Harris and Rahim Moore to newcomers TJ Ward and Talib you're looking at a revamped 2ndary that has the ingredients to put up a solid 2ndary.

I wouldn't underestimate them based on last year, if you think they will be 1-3 against the NFC W that is your opinion but as long as their players stay healthy and their new comers come to play they have the personell of a top 3 offense and a top 10 defense.

They are like a more balanced, more dangerous Arizona Cardinals team and I wouldn't take them for granted.

They are doing everything right and playing with a huge chip on their shoulders and showing they won't be bullied by the likes of Seattle and San Fran. Even if its the pre-season, that type of mentality is going to help them in the long run.
I stand by 1-3 and 11-5 for the Broncos. Unlike you I'm forced to watch them EVERY week.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2wj4q103 said:

How many times did Kam Chancellor put a drubbing on the Bronco's receivers in that Pre-Season game?
That's right, not even once, because he wasn't even in the game.
It's pretty simple, and you can play loosy goosy when you don't have to worry about someone like Kam Chancellor knocking the snot out of you every time you've tried to make a catch.

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
TwilightError":1htzphlx said:
I know preseason does not matter, but its the grand opening of their new stadium and they get mauled to death :D

X...

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":18lj7trc said:
DavidSeven":18lj7trc said:
Seahwkgal":18lj7trc said:
Psst! It's preseason.

Normally, I'd agree but they've now been out-scored 57-3 in two preseason games. The fact they've lost isn't a concern, but losses of this magnitude are going to raise some eyebrows.
True dat! I was telling people this offseason that I think the Whiners finish last in the division. As a fan, the Tards and Lambs scare me more. Whiners are getting old and their QB is over rated to death.
One could either infer that depth is a concern, or Harbs is just playing it close to the vest. I'd prefer the former be true. [emoji41]

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Whiners have Gabbert as their backup QB. Watching him throw a pick yesterday on a seam route to a WR that was open because he threw it behind him made me realize that although Tarvaris isn't great, we're in a whole lot better place at the backup spot than they are.

And yeah, watching them get spanked yesterday was enjoyable, even if it is preseason. If this extends to the regular season I figure Hardouche's total meltdown come about week 3.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1csefeih said:
Whiners have Gabbert as their backup QB. Watching him throw a pick yesterday on a seam route to a WR that was open because he threw it behind him made me realize that although Tarvaris isn't great, we're in a whole lot better place at the backup spot than they are.

And yeah, watching them get spanked yesterday was enjoyable, even if it is preseason. If this extends to the regular season I figure Hardouche's total meltdown come about week 3.

If they do start to backslide it could get real ugly in Santa Clara REAL quick. And we'll all just be sitting back :snack: and :thirishdrinkers:

TwilightError

Reaction score
I wonder if that meltdown will result in a catathonic state, or will he simply physically explode so that there will be just steaming pieces of carcass and khaki left on the field?

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
EntiatHawk":15fxjsys said:
I did not get to see the game, but not putting up more than 3 points in two games has to be a bit troubling.

Not to me :mrgreen: :lol: