Ifedi on Cable

razor150

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":16km4kma said:
With this tweet from Ifedi, I'd say Cable took his anger management too far. The man who cost our team more penalties than some offensive lines combined should not like the man who's supposed to hold him accountable for those failures.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/GermainX1/status/951262882204913664[/tweet]

if I was a jerk I would go on Twitter and tell everyone of our offensive lineman who are thanking Cable that they should be apologizing to the man. Their lack of ability to do anything competently is why he was fired. If I was one of them I'd seriously be working on my craft, because the next guy in didn't draft them and may not see what Cable saw in them.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
razor150":2yd7g902 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2yd7g902 said:
With this tweet from Ifedi, I'd say Cable took his anger management too far. The man who cost our team more penalties than some offensive lines combined should not like the man who's supposed to hold him accountable for those failures.

if I was a jerk I would go on Twitter and tell everyone of our offensive lineman who are thanking Cable that they should be apologizing to the man. Their lack of ability to do anything competently is why he was fired. If I was one of them I'd seriously be working on my craft, because the next guy in didn't draft them and may not see what Cable saw in them.

Ray Roberts was on 710 today saying that Duane Brown got noticeably worse the longer he was with the Seahawks and under Cable's tutelage. He said it has to do with the technique he teaches that it basically opens them up to bull rushes and outside rushes.

razor150

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1h1jx66x said:
razor150":1h1jx66x said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1h1jx66x said:

Ray Roberts was on 710 today saying that Duane Brown got noticeably worse the longer he was with the Seahawks and under Cable's tutelage. He said it has to do with the technique he teaches that it basically opens them up to bull rushes and outside rushes.

Interesting. If true it would explain why we constantly see our online getting blown up at the point of attack. I have also heard that some of Brown's troubles where due to the depth of Wilson's drawbacks.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
He said it has to do with the technique he teaches that it basically opens them up to bull rushes and outside rushes.

Sheesh so we need opposing linemen to use an inside move for our guys to block them effectively? (yeah the last couple of years have made me quite cynical about Cable's system)

chris98251

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2r2kn1hh said:
razor150":2r2kn1hh said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2r2kn1hh said:

Funny how when someone is fired and gone the critics say what they really want instead of he is the greatest. Roberts is on all the time KJR as well as KIRO and this is one of the first negative remarks we have heard about his teaching and the BS concerning Cable.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
original poster":3ekolq8i said:
I did wonder what his tweet said, he has me blocked.

He just blocked me as well. Apparently he didn't like it when I responded to that tweet with:

"Grow? Did you get fatter? Because you sure as hell didn't get any better as a football player."

True story.

Frozenropers

Reaction score
Hindsight is 20/20 but it really is beginning to sound like Cable's version of the zone blocking system with the cut blocks and unique technique has to be so technical and precise to work that it was just reliant on being too precise. Its really hard to say if he evolved at all over the time here, as the system was working early on, so don't know if he tried to change it to more cut blocks and different techniques after the veteran group left? Anyways, a simpler ZBS with more power man blocking principles may be better suited to this group of O-linemen skills.

olyfan63

Reaction score
red grenadine":dse4m0dy said:
Rather have a coach players hate but makes them better than a coach who players love who lets them be lazy and suck

There are a lot of styles of relating to players that are effective.
Ever hear of a guy named John Wooden?
Or a guy named Bobby Knight?
Two very different interpersonal styles towards their players. One had a lot more championships than the other.

These days if coaches act in evil, thoughtless ways that make their players hate them, many players will underperform.
Vince Lombardi would be a well below .500 coach in the NFL of the last 10 years. He'd beat the Jim Mora Jr's of the world, but get beaten like a drum by coaches like Pete Carroll, Dan Quinn, Ron Rivera, Mike McCarthy, to name just a few, and destroyed by the Belichicks of the world. Lombardi was successful back in the day *despite* his sometimes-abusive demeanor toward his players.

Gotta admit though, verbally colorful coaches like Mike Ditka are entertaining. I love those old Jim Mora (Sr) videos, the "Playoffs??!!" and "Diddly-poo" ones. Awesome stuff.

Speaking of Ditka, from the Ditka tree, there's Mike Singletary. Calls out Vernon Davis, kicks him off the field in a game vs. the Seahawks. Davis hated him, but then went on to later give Singletary credit for getting him to pull his head out of his ass.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013 ... story.html
“That moment, it started to click for me. I said, ‘I have to put my teammates first because if I don’t, I’m going to lose all I have. I have to focus and I have to be different.’
“It made me a better man, a better teammate, and a better leader for my team. It helped me become the player I am today.”

Singletary, to his credit, has done his own work, to improve himself as a coach, to be ready when he gets another shot.

"After he left San Francisco and settled in Minnesota, Mike Singletary looked in the mirror and saw what his wife had been talking about. ... Singletary, the fired head coach, stood eye-to-eye with the look his players, the TV audience and his wife had seen. “I looked like I’m saying, ‘I hate you. I cannot stand you,’” he said.
He had every intention to communicate his belief in his players, that there was greatness within them. He had sent the opposite message.

“My body language had to change. My tone of voice had to change,” he said.
Singletary has been retooling his style because he wants to be a head coach again.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jerrybarca ... 87621f7158

I don't think Cable's style was an issue. His overall effectiveness was the issue, which comes down to his decisions of how and where to use players, what techniques to teach, what adjustments to make based on game feedback. Ultimately, it's Cable's system of coaching and resulting effectivness that failed, the substance of his coaching and teaching failed, his failure to make adjustments, and little or nothing (IMO) to do with his surface "syntax" of coaching.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
837475.png

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
InadvertentSmell":3dqzfyut said:
original poster":3dqzfyut said:
I did wonder what his tweet said, he has me blocked.

....I'm glad to see he can block someone.

Bahahahahahaha! That's beautiful right there! I was going to say it's the first actual effective block I've seen him make, but OP got around it anyway. Just like in the games.

Latest posts