if this WR falls do we move up a few spots ?

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Terrance Williams WR Baylor, this is just me thinking about the need for a strictly outside threat to compliment the really good slot WR's we got. Williams is a outside threat(4.48 40) that can get up the field and make the difficult catch he's 6-2 but his arms are not as long as you would like. he's got hops which help on jump balls and gives effort in downfield blocking in the run game. His stock is slipping becuase of one year of production while looking average at the senior bowl but he would be a good outside WR prospect, maybe he slips into striking distance for the seahawks.

SDHawk

Reaction score
I don't think we reach for anyone but Ryan Swope. If Swope is gone (I dont think he makes it past both NE and MIA) we take Quinton Patton. If Patton is gone, we wait until the late rounds to draft Brice Butler. PC knows what he is getting with Brice Butler... who should be a 3rd-4th round prospect but couldnt make a name for himself playing behind talents like Robert Woods and Marqise Lee before transferring to SDSU. IMHO, the talk of converting to CB is a smoke screen.

FYI - Brice Butlers was in the top 5 in terms of measurables if he were to have worked out at the combine.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I like Williams a lot for Seattle based on the things he does specifically well, and that's play the sideline and deep ball exceptionally well. Considering Russell Wilson's best throws seem to be deep and/or to the sideline, I think they would match up together very well. He's a great athlete and has an ability to make some tough catches, but he also seems to struggle with catches over the middle and in the shorter routes, sometimes dropping easy 8 yard comebacks. I think because he's not a fully well-round receiver, and in a deep WR class, he drops, possibly to the 3rd. I don't see us moving up at all to get him, but if he's there in the 3rd round I'd feel pretty good drafting him.

kearly

Reaction score
Not a big fan of Terrance Williams. In fact, I've heard nothing but negative things about him from scouts. I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up in the 5th round given how ultra competitive this WR group is.

Seahawksfan9

Reaction score
I have Terrance Williams graded as a third rounder.

This draft does not have a surefire star at wide receiver, but it is deep, and there are a lot of nice players in the second and third round.

I also found this really good site that has sleepers (Day 3) for offense and defense and the article is really interesting.

Check it out:

http://sportsmasher.com/2013/04/18/2013-nfl-draft-all-sleeper-team-offense/

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

:thirishdrinkers: :les: :thirishdrinkers:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If we want a WR, moving up isn't necessary.. there will be plenty of good ones available at pick 56.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The only person worth moving up for (imaho) is Kawaan Short, unless someone like Sly slips but I don't see that happening.

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Seahawksfan9":32uez34y said:
I have Terrance Williams graded as a third rounder.

This draft does not have a surefire star at wide receiver, but it is deep, and there are a lot of nice players in the second and third round.

I also found this really good site that has sleepers (Day 3) for offense and defense and the article is really interesting.

Check it out:

http://sportsmasher.com/2013/04/18/2013-nfl-draft-all-sleeper-team-offense/

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

:thirishdrinkers: :les: :thirishdrinkers:

yeah i seen he was a 3rd rounder but that is'nt that far off from where their picking and he is'nt an all around reciever but he's what the seahawks need a sideline threat that can create space for other players, their not getting justin hunter but this guy could help open up the field too. I think Harvin,Tate, and Baldwin are their best in the slot, we really only have Rice as a tall outside WR. Williams size and speed should draw a reasonable amount of respect from defenses he won't be getting double teamed but just him being out their the safety will have to pay attention.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Not worth moving up for any WR's this year. Here's a long list of WR's who could potentially be drafted int he 3rd or 4th round and many would give Tate and Baldwin some heavy competion for playing time if not make them expandable very quickly

Terance Williams
Quinton Patton
Aaron Dobson
Stedman Baily
Marcus Wheaton
Da'Rick Rodgers
Ryan Swope
Chris Harper
Denard Robinson
Aaron Mellete
Kenny Stills
Corey Fuller
Cobi Hamilton
Marcus Davis
Josh Boyce

Of course with this many (15) midround talent WR's a few might even be around in the 5th.

I Love how deep the WR and TE class is in 3rd and 4th round guys I might be willing to trade back in 2nd to some how come up with 4 picks in the first 4 rounds.

3-4rd TE's
Gavin Escobar
Vance McDonald
Travis Kelce
Jordan Reed
Levine Toilolo
Dion Sims
Joseph Furia
Chris Gragg
and mabye guys like

Nick Kaska and Rivera

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I'll pass. Exclusive body catcher. Never seen him extend once. Not as fast as advertised. Looks distinctly like a product of the Baylor offense.

kigenzun

Reaction score
I'll say: not on a Friday. Not on a Saturday. Maybe as an UDFA.