If the final score was...

PNWJoshua

Reaction score
First thread here, lets see how it goes...I love the forums, super busy which is awesome! It's also hard to make points in all the different threads so after thinking i wanted to pose this question...

If the Hawks won 19-7 or 20-7 would you feel the same way as their 12-7 win?

Consider that we got the ball with 4:48 remaining in the game up 12-7 and were able to run the time off the clock (even with their timeouts). Had we scored on that final drive the score would have been 19-7. (could have been 20 if they went for 1 instead of 2 earlier in the game).

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I would have loved to score another TD. Preferably something in the first half. But the number 12 is almighty. Surely it's a sign.

C-Dub

Reaction score
4th quarter O was clutch. Just wish they would have attacked over the top during the first 3 quarters. That secondary is a joke.

akseahawkfan

Reaction score
It could have very easily been 12-14 with around 4 minutes to go. This game was much closer than it should've been.

OP
OP
P

PNWJoshua

Reaction score
akseahawkfan":9xjoshs9 said:
It could have very easily been 12-14 with around 4 minutes to go. This game was much closer than it should've been.

Wasnt the question! Of course there are a lot of what if's. I am sticking primarily to the fact taht we secured the ball for 4 minutes 48 seconds to end the game. What if instead of running the clock out we simply scored again and the game ended with that final score? would that have changed people's views of the game?

Throwdown

Reaction score
A win's a wins a wins a win, I don't care if we beat them 3-2, It made my day that much brighter that they walked away with a W.

akseahawkfan

Reaction score
PNWJoshua":qa3os1f9 said:
akseahawkfan":qa3os1f9 said:

Wasnt the question! Of course there are a lot of what if's. I am sticking primarily to the fact taht we secured the ball for 4 minutes 48 seconds to end the game. What if instead of running the clock out we simply scored again and the game ended with that final score? would that have changed people's views of the game?

You proposed a "what if" and I responded with a different "what if" focusing on the same part of the game. Wilson being chased all over the field, failure to score a TD in the first half. Unable to run the ball effectively. No. A late touchdown wouldn't have changed my opinion that the OL played like crap and the game was much too close.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
I don't care how we win or how much we win by as long as we win.

akseahawkfan

Reaction score
I'm ecstatic that we won. The point is that in my humble opinion the Seahawks need to play much better offense if they are going to beat better teams. Fortunately, I think the Seahawks are capable of playing MUCH better.

Kamcussion

Reaction score
Could it be that people complaining about a win on a 10 AM start are new fans? That is the only reason why any fan would be upset about a win on the east coast.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
akseahawkfan":3kdk4ryp said:
I'm ecstatic that we won. The point is that in my humble opinion the Seahawks need to play much better offense if they are going to beat better teams. Fortunately, I think the Seahawks are capable of playing MUCH better.

I don't care if they are the worst offensive team in the league if they win games.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
akseahawkfan said:
PNWJoshua said:
akseahawkfan said:

You proposed a "what if" and I responded with a different "what if" focusing on the same part of the game. Wilson being chased all over the field, failure to score a TD in the first half. Unable to run the ball effectively. No. A late touchdown wouldn't have changed my opinion that the OL played like crap and the game was much too close.

By your logic... Seahawks could have been up10 to 7 or down 7 to 6 if not for the sack fumble to end the first Half.

After we score our real TD it would be 20-7 or 16-7 Seahawks.

Panthers score. 20-14 to 16-14.

Seahawks could have legitly scored to end the game because the Panther D was worn out.

Hypothetical, final score still ends in Seahawks win.

Considering this was the FIRST GAME of the season, on the ROAD, almost as far the Seahawks can go traveling, in the 90 degree weather plus east coast humidity, wearing Seahawks blues, missing plenty of veteran or experienced players that were here last year as well as missing our three best pass-rushers and Browner.

Remember, Clemons, Irvin, and Browner were all instrumental in last years win over CAR.

Seahawks still won vs an impressive Panthers team in their house, and our O-line looked like crap because they were obviously bothered by the weather as well as probably the best Defensive Front 7 in the NFL as long as Beason and Davis stays healthy and their young DTs continue to grow.

Its like playing St Louis' Dline with SF's LBers sans Aldon Smith.

People are being way too dramatic about the O-line and need to stop being little Jim Harbaughs about it.

sutz

Reaction score
@OP-that would not have made much difference in how I viewed the outcome. IIRC, somebody posted that we beat the point spread prediction, so there's that. But even that doesn't mean much to me. I had an appointment that meant I missed the final minute or so, and I remember thinking they would probably score again when I turned it off and being somewhat surprised that the final score ended up where it did. But there really was no reason to score again, since that would just have meant giving the ball back to them and then who knows what might happen?

A lot of posters are dissatisfied and concerned about this week's performance based on their perceptions of 'poor play' in Carolina. I feel confident that they will look far better overall at home than last Sunday. Far better. Those people choose to ignore all of the factors that contributed to the team's struggles as 'excuses' and worry about how that will be a predictor for this week. Let them. It's what they do.

And GoldenTater, ak is NOT a new fan. Not in the least. :laugh:

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
So many games last year we would have DIED to see the Hawks close out a game they way they did last night. Now they do it about as perfectly as you can and we get bitching and whining from way to many people. Damn be happy 12s.

akseahawkfan

Reaction score
Kelly.Orr":lhr4t6yb said:
I don't care how we win or how much we win by as long as we win.

We aren't going to win many games playing like that on the road. I doubt the team or the coach are "satisfied" why should the fans be?

akseahawkfan

Reaction score
GoldenTater81":1sr92ana said:
Could it be that people complaining about a win on a 10 AM start are new fans? That is the only reason why any fan would be upset about a win on the east coast.

Nobody is "complaining" about the win. Some are pointing out what should be obvious to any knowledgeable fan, we're not going to win too many games playing the way they did. I'm well aware of the east coast/early game difficulties of the Seahawks. Regardless, it was a poor offensive performance. One we were fortunate to win. One, that if we had lost would have been written off to being east coast-early game-blues.

akseahawkfan

Reaction score
SonicHawk":794hb770 said:
akseahawkfan":794hb770 said:

I don't care if they are the worst offensive team in the league if they win games.

The worst offensive team in the league doesn't win many games. That's the point.

Latest posts