if Bev called 4 running plays and they got stuffed?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
One yard to go to the end zone? This might have been a good running play to go with. And if it wasn't there, Wilson could have thrown the ball away out of the back of the end zone and preserved the clock. But hey, what do I know? And it's not like the Patriots would be trying to stuff Lynch on the run there, right?

[youtube]qja9emDoZbk[/youtube]

byau

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":zjjv03jw said:
One yard to go to the end zone? This might have been a good running play to go with. And if it wasn't there, Wilson could have thrown the ball away out of the back of the end zone and preserved the clock. But hey, what do I know? And it's not like the Patriots would be trying to stuff Lynch on the run there, right?

[youtube]qja9emDoZbk[/youtube]

I should add I'm still upset. I still would have favored a Marshawn run. Or the aforementioned read option which we used on third down in NFCCG (thanks for the vid link!)

I'm just coming around though that it wasn't the worst play call ever and am leaning a lot more now to poor execution by Russell and the Seahawks and superior execution by the Patriots and Butler. The better executing team won that play, just happened to end the game

A bad call? Maybe. Pass play incomplete and we don't have this debate. Worst call? No

AgentDib

Reaction score
I don't think fault is mutually exclusive and it's the worst call in my book because of the personnel involved. For the most part it does come down to players making plays and fans put too much on coordinators, but you have to know what your personnel is capable of and play to their strengths. An inside slant to Lockette is one of our weakest links.

Let's imagine that the 90's Bulls gave a game winning three point attempt to Dennis Rodman and he bricked it. Where does the real criticism lie?