I dunno

Largent80

Reaction score
Hawks paid a bunch of Jabronis for OL, Didn't do jack squat on the DL outside of losing a DT and drafting 2 DE.

We sucked on both lines and I dont see any improvement.

Not trying to be the grim reaper, just looking at what we have.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Meh seasons gonna be canceled...but yes nothing to write home about in the improvement dept. Our best signing will be suspended.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Get back to me in the Spring of 2021 when any of this matters.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The Seahawks will not win any more SuperBowls if Wilson and Wagner is their only elite player.

You must have at least 4 “Elite” or top 5 players at their position in order to win consistently.

Look at Kansas City:

Mahomes: Best QB in NFL
Tyreek Hill: Top 5 receiver
Travis Kelce: Top 2 tight end
Chris Jones: Top 5 defensive tackle

Seattle:

Wilson: Top 2 NFL QB
Wagner: Top 3 MLB

Seattle needs more talent, if you don’t believe me, you are kidding yourself. Watch more NFL (not just Seahawks) football!

xray

Reaction score
With 72 NFL players testing positive , with probably many more to come I don't think we have a season anyway . It's getting hard to get excited about football at all .

Jerhawk

Reaction score
"This is basically just the flu. You sound like sheep."

Am I doing it right for the incoming counter arguments that continue to derail the thread?

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
The way the F.O. blew almost 60 mil. is head scratching. 8 Mil for a 35 year old TE?.....A combined 12 mil plus on a slew of OL first round busts and mediocre journeymen?

It's not a super bowl winning team with what we currently have, even if there are huge improvements from drafted players from the last 2 years.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Largent80":2zmlxmqr said:
The way the F.O. blew almost 60 mil. is head scratching. 8 Mil for a 35 year old TE?.....A combined 12 mil plus on a slew of OL first round busts and mediocre journeymen?

It's not a super bowl winning team with what we currently have, even if there are huge improvements from drafted players from the last 2 years.
Clock is ticking on another sb run with RW at the helm.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
i agree with several sentiments on this thread.

a) I'm not convinced we are a better team this year than last.
b) a proper season is looking grim so it may not matter

I'm thinking more and more that 2010-2012 drafts were merely a fluke. We've been merely average since. And we've especially struggled with line talent. After QB, OL and DL are the keys to success.

John63

Reaction score
Has it occurred to anyone that the Hawks are going the way of the Mariners. Do just enough to keep people coming and making money. And if they get lucky great if not oh well?

The only other explanation is PC has a WAY to BIG opinion of his abilities.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I say that we all shrivel up and die. [/sarcasm]

Jesus, can we not just enjoy what we have and be content? Maybe just a little?

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":7a1gi11z said:
Has it occurred to anyone that the Hawks are going the way of the Mariners. Do just enough to keep people coming and making money. And if they get lucky great if not oh well?

The only other explanation is PC has a WAY to BIG opinion of his abilities.

We don't have John Ellis or Howard Lincoln, we don't have a owner that had never been to a game in the Stadium. I think we are a little bit away from the Mariners.

Justwin

Reaction score
Scot McCloughan

Mad Dog":2fs9ckp5 said:
i agree with several sentiments on this thread.

I'm thinking more and more that 2010-2012 drafts were merely a fluke. We've been merely average since. And we've especially struggled with line talent. After QB, OL and DL are the keys to success.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The NFL is deliberately set up to make it hard to sustain success. Two years back, many of the same people that are currently green with envy over the Chiefs were fawning over McVay and the Rams. One year ago, the 49ers were the darlings on the block with an entire defensive line made up of high first round picks. In five years, I predict there will be multiple threads on a Chiefs forum where posters complain that they have only been good, not great, lately, and that the team has never gotten back to their 2019 form. Perhaps a misguided Chiefs fan will compare them to the Mariners.

Bad teams get high draft picks which are heavily underpaid in the current CBA. The Chiefs winning a Super Bowl with Mahomes under a rookie contract is great for them, but if you are looking to compare how a franchise is being run then you need to watch how the hottest teams every year fare once they have to pay their rookies fairly. The 2019 Chiefs are a poor benchmark for the 2020 Seahawks.

In my view the 2020 Seahawks look to have a solid shot at making the playoffs if a season occurs, and also look to be entirely capable of winning three games in a row in the post-season if they get hot at the right time.

springscohawk

Reaction score
You all could be right about Seahawks not spending their money wisely with proper priority by position, time will surely tell. Looking in the rear-view mirror you can sure make the argument that Seahawks should have paid to keep Frank Clark and Ziggy stop gap was a disaster.

However, I think the money spent on offensive line is overblown.

They cut Britt who would have been costly and coming off major knee injury.. Did they pay too much for B.J. Finney as a possible replacement? They didn't pay to re-up Ifedi for what his agent was possibly asking and paid for replacement RT in Shell and Ifedi ended up signing for dirt cheap because no one thought he was worth spending money on.

They resigned Iupati. That looks like a good decision with young players being groomed as long term starters (Haynes) having history of injury, and gives him more time to be ready to replace Iupati, perhaps teach and mentor him. We spent money on replacement swing tackle Cedric O. for Fant. TO keep Fant would have cost more than what we are paying for his replacement. What about former 1st round pick guard Warmack who was out of football last year. Why not take a flier on him and draft Lewis. Oh, lets just led Joey Hunt, Jordan Simmons, Pocic, and Jamarco Jones go and not spend money on them. Not everyone will make the team and eat up salary.

The team can still sign Everson Griffith or Jadeveon Clowney if they really want.

I am still waiting to see what they will do to add a run stuffing veteran DT.