I am so proud Bobby Wagner represents my team.

Maulbert

Reaction score
B-Wags prepped Thanksgiving groceries for charity, then paid for people's groceries incognito. He tried to hide it was him doing it, but some teenagers recognized him and posted about it online. It is so wonderful that he did it to help people, not for the recognition. True NFL Man of the Year material.

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-bobby-wagner-prefers-incognito-232111117.html

ivotuk

Reaction score
Listening to710, sounds like he also bought refrigerators for people living I tiny houses too. I think that people were moved in to tiny houses because they had no place to stay.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":1f03z81j said:
Listening to710, sounds like he also bought refrigerators for people living I tiny houses too. I think that people were moved in to tiny houses because they had no place to stay.
That's so cool.

AirStrike

Reaction score
That’s awesome. So many of these guys do it for fame and to grow their brands but Bobby was doing it all low key. That’s how you know he’s genuine.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I don't give a rats ass about someone making a celebrity appearance on Thanksgiving/Christmas. Do these kinds of things in June-July-August when these charities are really hurting for help.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
sdog1981":2nzvevby said:
I don't give a rats ass about someone making a celebrity appearance on Thanksgiving/Christmas. Do these kinds of things in June-July-August when these charities are really hurting for help.

You think they don't? You think all those things he's done are just over the holidays? https://www.seattlefoundation.org/B...or-Seahawks-Philanthropy-Is-Year-Around-Sport

Is May too close to Christmas? https://www.thesportofphilanthropy....er-packs-10000-meals-for-kids-in-his-hometown

Also... you don't give a rat's ass that he helped a bunch of people?

Think you lost the plot here guy.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
sdog1981":1jrmfv5s said:

Seriously? There's a thin line between stupidity and ignorance. Your post covered both areas.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
sdog1981":2tnad447 said:

Jesus. He CLEARY wasn't doing it for recognition. Grow up.

ivotuk

Reaction score
sdog1981":24pnpph0 said:

I understand where you're coming from, too many celebrities follow the examples of the Pharisees from ancient Israel. Priests that would do all of their fasting and demonstrations of piety in public, 2 plus millennia ago. Maybe these celebrities are reincarnated "Timpletons." Hypocrisy is nothing new, yet lazy people never learn.

However, Bobby Wagner is NOT one of those people. He was there for one event, and tried to slip in some significant donations without anybody knowing, but a group of teenagers recognized him, and the word got out.

In fact, most players are genuine philanthropists, and care about something enough to attach their name to it. These are young people, but they've learned life's lessons a lot earlier than most of us have. And one of those lesssons is that in the days of social media, any insincerity will show up like a giant zit on their reputation, and they do not want that.

Usually you can tell when celebs are full of it, because they don't show up to their own events, at least not for more than a few minutes.

Which reminds me, I thought it was so awesome what Grady Jarrett does for people in his community. Dude is right in the middle of it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Under the radar a guy that plays somewhere else is picking up lunch tabs for kids at schools whose parents are being financially challenged,

San Francisco 49er cornerback Richard Sherman got a head start on Giving Tuesday when he paid off over $27,000 in lunch debt for public school students in Washington state and California.

Yeah he can be outspoken but his money goes out to a lot of charities and situations, and he still supports Washington.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":3tfamfeb said:
Under the radar a guy that plays somewhere else is picking up lunch tabs for kids at schools whose parents are being financially challenged,

San Francisco 49er cornerback Richard Sherman got a head start on Giving Tuesday when he paid off over $27,000 in lunch debt for public school students in Washington state and California.

Yeah he can be outspoken but his money goes out to a lot of charities and situations, and he still supports Washington.
Sherm comes from a very good family. No surprise here.

sdog1981

Reaction score
ivotuk":30e0jzvo said:
sdog1981":30e0jzvo said:

I understand where you're coming from, too many celebrities follow the examples of the Pharisees from ancient Israel. Priests that would do all of their fasting and demonstrations of piety in public, 2 plus millennia ago. Maybe these celebrities are reincarnated "Timpletons." Hypocrisy is nothing new, yet lazy people never learn.

I appreciate your understanding of my point of view. If you have ever worked at a food bank for a year or more it sucks to throw food away in January and then turn families away in March due to lack of donations.

To support your local food bank please give your time from February to October. If you can't do that please give money not dented cans of expired green beans.

I was a little drunk when I posted and came across as a jack ass. I'm a little bitter after my time working in a more than a few food banks.

Latest posts