Hutch retiring

The Radish

Reaction score
I don't see Hutch making the hall. He was a very good guard but most of the hype for him was when he had Robbie Tobeck on one side and Walter on the other. I didn't think he did hof work in Minnesota. Very good yes but not that good and fell off after the first year a lot and gradually faded to the Tits.

Plus I agree the voters will remember his double dealings in regards to the Seahawks. I also think that if he has any chance of making it you can expect it to be years later with the senior committee that basically only considers the player not the politics.

The only team that will push him for the hall would be Minnesota, everyone else could care less.

:roll:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I think he rode the coattails of his reputation with the Seahawks (and Walter Jones) for a long time. No doubt he was talented, but I remember the first couple years with the queens, every time I saw a game it seemed like he spent a lot of plays whiffing.

Oh, and for anybody saying it was a once-in-a-lifetime offer and who can blame him, puh-lease. It wasn't a once-in-a-lifetime offer, it was a twice-in-one-week offer.