How effective will Tyler Lockett be as a slot receiver?

Jville

Reaction score
There was considerable interest in the subject of Tyler Lockett earlier in the month. Given the appearance of a yesterday's detailed and well thought out article, it seemed inviting to offer up a link on the subject of Tyler Lockett as a slot receiver. Enjoy :biggthumpup:

How effective will Tyler Lockett be as a slot receiver? --- Matty F. Brown >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/6/21/18700895/tyler-lockett-seattle-seahawks-tape-projection-scout-slot-wide-receiver-brian-schottenheimer-all-22[/urltargetblank]

knownone

Reaction score
I've always thought Lockett's ideal position was the slot. He's at his best when he has space to move. He doesn't always get that on the outside.

xray

Reaction score
Lockett can play any receiver position effectively . Personally I would like him do what he did last year...he made himself and Wilson look very good together. Stay with what works...sure he can play slot but the Hawks have 2 rookies that can play slot right away . Ursua or Jennings. GO HAWKS!

xray

Reaction score
knownone":20opwcx2 said:
I've always thought Lockett's ideal position was the slot. He's at his best when he has space to move. He doesn't always get that on the outside.
This off topic I guess ...but I hope that Carroll pulls Lockett off STs unless it's an absolute necessity . IMO

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
kind of irrelevant since they will line him up all over and we drafted a slot guy

toffee

Reaction score
I think we will move Lockett in and out of slot position, we may not have a full time dedicated slot WR. We were lucky to have Angry, one of the all time best slot as our full time slot, it's unlikely to find another Angry. But a community slot could work too.