How close are the Seahawks to a Superbowl run?

LTH

Reaction score
I think it's a consensus the Hawks need to bring in some FA. They need depth at Linebacker, and they need some help at DT.

There is no cap space at this point, so the question is, how close do the Hawks feel they are to a super bowl run? We don't really know; we can just guess.

You would think if they were thinking they were 2-3 players away that they would find a way to bring in what they need and that might still be the case. I guess we will just have to wait it out and see what happens.

If they brought in Al Woods and then signed a quality middle linebacker from FA how close would that bring them to the promised land?

Seems like every year the Hawks always look good on paper and then slowly we find the holes.
do they have enough quality players in UDFA to fill those holes?

My question to you guys is, where are we at this point in the process? and what do they need to do to fill the remaining holes on this roster?

LTH

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think we are closer than we think. Of course we can only guess, but all things being equal (i.e. no massive injury bug, etc), and how JS/PC are killing it lately with the Post Wilson Era retooling, I would put the Seahawks back in the big game within 3 to 5 years, possibly even sooner.

Pete with all of his youthful energy, knows his time is coming to an end. Nobody wants to prove he can win another championship more than he does.

God willing, I will get the luxury to witness another Lombardi in my lifetime. I think they are building the team precisely in the way that can see that happen. My best guess is within 3-5 years.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hard for any of us to say isn’t it.

We lost a couple maybe 3 games last year that should not have been losses. If the outcome of those games had gone our way the seeding would have been different and who knows, right.

When we won 48 did many believe we had a SB right ahead of us?

Fact is, the Eagles are probably the team to beat in the NFC, I think we have a good chance at the NFCW.

I believe we’ll have a top offense, I think we made large improvements on defense. We easily should be above the 50% line on D.

Vegas won’t agree but if we win the pick’em games and win our division I think we have as good a chance as anyone THIS season.

Your question really just boils down to personal opinion but I’m stoked and looking forward to seeing the final roster playing some football.
I’m 1000% more optimistic than I was last year.

We could get better next year, we could get worse.

Why not us, this year.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I've said before I think we win 7-10 games. When I look around the NFC though, I think we are closer than not. The NFC sucks right now. Geno is arguably QB2 or QB3 in the conference. If the offense does take another step forward and the defense is merely bad, not horrible, they may make a run.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think we are getting really close. Are there areas we can improve? There are. Are there any teams in the league who don't have areas they need to improve? Nope. That is just the way it works in a salary cap league. Nobody can afford to have the best at every position. This is why drafting well is so important, especially at the high value positions (ie quarterback, DE, WR etc) You need a balance of young talent (on first contract) along with veterans. I don't know if we can do it this year or not, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. Our offense was top half of the league last year (13 I believe) and we should be better this year. Our defense was near the bottom of the league last year, but we have definitely made improvements on this side of the ball and I'll be surprised if they aren't at least average (16) or better this year (I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up top 10).

So basically I'm thinking if things go as well as I hope, we could see a top 5 offense paired with a top 10 defense, and that could easily give us a shot at running the playoff table.

The issues I'm seeing is we are untested a defensive unit. We will have a lot of players playing together for the first time out there. The flip side of this is we will have Wagner out there directing traffic and that should help alleviate this issue.

The other issue I see is defensive depth, and I think that's the same issue a lot of people are still concerned with. The depth issue can be held at bay if we can stay healthier than average, but that's probably asking a lot.

I for one am excited to see what we can do on the field this season. Last year I came in with zero expectations and enjoyed the season immensely. This year, I may have some expectations, but I'll hold off until I see them on the field before I get really amped up.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I think we are getting really close. Are there areas we can improve? There are. Are there any teams in the league who don't have areas they need to improve? Nope. That is just the way it works in a salary cap league. Nobody can afford to have the best at every position. This is why drafting well is so important, especially at the high value positions (ie quarterback, DE, WR etc) You need a balance of young talent (on first contract) along with veterans. I don't know if we can do it this year or not, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. Our offense was top half of the league last year (13 I believe) and we should be better this year. Our defense was near the bottom of the league last year, but we have definitely made improvements on this side of the ball and I'll be surprised if they aren't at least average (16) or better this year (I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up top 10).

So basically I'm thinking if things go as well as I hope, we could see a top 5 offense paired with a top 10 defense, and that could easily give us a shot at running the playoff table.

The issues I'm seeing is we are untested a defensive unit. We will have a lot of players playing together for the first time out there. The flip side of this is we will have Wagner out there directing traffic and that should help alleviate this issue.

The other issue I see is defensive depth, and I think that's the same issue a lot of people are still concerned with. The depth issue can be held at bay if we can stay healthier than average, but that's probably asking a lot.

I for one am excited to see what we can do on the field this season. Last year I came in with zero expectations and enjoyed the season immensely. This year, I may have some expectations, but I'll hold off until I see them on the field before I get really amped up.
I think you and I are on the exact same page here.
We said it differently but that matters not.

All but the hardest core Debbie Downers should be fired up /Stoked about THIS SEASON.
IMO our window is as open as it may be for a while.
I’m not saying it’s win the SB or bust, I just think we have to potential to win the division AND possibly be in the NFCCG. I don’t expect it, but I see the potential.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The big Q mark of course is the defense. Do they solidify their 3/4 scheme with these latest additions, develop the right chemistry, fit the right players in the right scheme and not force the wrong players into the wrong scheme? If we can achieve Top 15 D this year, man, look out. I know our O will carry us where we need to go as long as the D holds up their end of the bargain.

I see the Eagles and Niners as our main road blocks to the SB. Likely who we would face in the NFC Championship.

pmedic920

Reaction score
The big Q mark of course is the defense. Do they solidify their 3/4 scheme with these latest additions, develop the right chemistry, fit the right players in the right scheme and not force the wrong players into the wrong scheme? If we can achieve Top 15 D this year, man, look out. I know our O will carry us where we need to go as long as the D holds up their end of the bargain.

I see the Eagles and Niners as our main road blocks to the SB. Likely who we would face in the NFC Championship.
I’m thinking we got very close to the 9ers when both drafts are figured in.
I believe we stand a very good chance at the NFCW.

I’ve been saying for days the the Eagles got even stronger with the draft and are the team to beat.

I don’t think there’s any doubt that we got better on offense, like you I think the big question mark is our “D” but I have a feeling they are going to surprise us and make a big leap up the standings.

Time will tell, GoHawks

Last edited:

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
If we can field a middle of the pack defense, I don't see why we can't contend. Our offense looks really good and really deep.

Our defense should have a top secondary. We have 3 good ILBs and recall we're going to be using a lot of 3 safety looks, so that may be plenty. The DL is going to be the question again.

We have Nwosu, Taylor, Mafe, Hall, Robinson, and Smith at OLB/Edge. We have Jones, Reed, Morris, Adams at DE. And Mone, Young, and (I'm counting) Robert Cooper at NT. So lots of depth, which supports the philosophy of a heavy rotation to keep guys fresh, but who knows what kind of quality?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I’ve been saying for days the the Eagles got even stronger with the draft and are the team to beat.

Talk about the rich getting richer. I was ticked they snagged both Carter and Nolan. Grrrr. Like their D isn't all-world as it is.

chrispy

Reaction score
Depends on so many things, some of which are not even in Seattle. TC and pre-season games will be more interesting this year and maybe shed some insight. A couple late draft picks show up...wallah. ...or injury bug and...look to next year.

Enjoy the ride. Listen to the click-click-click of the Rollercoaster being towed to the top of the first big drop. We've paid for the ticket, waited in line. Now it's all about anticipation and the ride.

Weadoption

Reaction score
in some ways it oddly feels like the Hawks are closer than the Niners, given SF QB situation.
hope Purdy has the same arm.
hope Darnold can run Shannys system.
hope Lance’s hairline improves

and Beat LA
go Dubs

Mick063

Reaction score
This team reminds me a lot of the team that had just drafted Earl Thomas, but Geno is an exponentially better QB than Tavaris Jackson.

You stop and think about the dominant Super Bowl win, and it isn't difficult to envision just about any starting caliber quarterback being able to drive that bus.

The team is closer than many of you think.

Last edited:

renofox

Reaction score
Assuming 2024 off-season is as good as 2022 & 2023:

Slim chance in 2024. If Geno improves then the window is wide open as long as Geno's play remains elevated. I don't see much chance of this.

I really think we need to get a QBOTF in 2024, unless the coaches have actually fixed Lock's head. To have a realistic shot at a SB win, the Seahawks need a better QB than Geno's current performance level.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
As mentioned more than once, this team is a lot closer than people think. Last year's team was good enough to get us into postseason, this year's team should get us even further. How much further depends on injuries, luck, and everything else going right (You could say the same about every team honestly).

I'm saying this now and this might seem like a bold prediction to some, but I'm getting NFCCG vibes from this team at this moment. We have so many weapons for Geno to utilize and open up the field with, and our defense is better imo than last year's with the additions we made in the off-season. I'm ridiculously impatient right now and can't wait for the season to start. I think too many people will be surprised at how good the team is this year.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Assuming 2024 off-season is as good as 2022 & 2023:

Slim chance in 2024. If Geno improves then the window is wide open as long as Geno's play remains elevated. I don't see much chance of this.

I really think we need to get a QBOTF in 2024, unless the coaches have actually fixed Lock's head. To have a realistic shot at a SB win, the Seahawks need a better QB than Geno's current performance level.
Trent Differ disagrees with you!

Just saying.

toffee

Reaction score
We need at least 5 of our draftees to earn starters status, and we need them to over perform. Last year, we had 5: two bookend tackles, K9, and two CBs. We need the same this year to go deep into the playoff.