Hotel booking for NY trip

rickychen

Reaction score
Man. i am so excited. I had a serious conversation with my wife yesterday. Finally she gave me green light to go to NY for SB party if Seahawks participate. that is big reach for me considering the money involved and so busy we are right now for babies. I will go with my buddy and meet others 12s there. btw, i am loud.

I got a question though. Which hotel i should book there so we can go to metlife stadium easily. of course need to consider the combination of safety, convenience and budget. Thanks in advance for advice!

Go Hawks!

JonRud

Reaction score
all the hotels near the stadium will cost a fortune for the SB. If you want to be closest to the stadium you can stay in Rutherford, Secaucus or Clifton which are 5-10 minutes from the stadium...but I'm sure all those hotels will cost a fortune [or are already sold out].

if you're more budget conscious just rent a car and stay further out in NJ and drive to the game. there are a million places you can stay in NJ.

The ultimate would be stay in NYC and take the train or bus to the game, but again it will be expensive.

In terms of safety just don't stay in certain parts of Newark, Jersey City or Elizabeth. If you find a hotel/town you like PM me and I will tell you if safety is a concern.

OP
OP
R

rickychen

Reaction score
don't know yet. JFK or Newark, i am more concern about trip between Hotel and Stadium. don't want to drive since i don't have a good sense of direction. :) and i might drink a lot during the game so driving is not option. need to take cab or subway if that is option.

UK_Seahawk":1xtteahd said:
Where are you flying into?

OP
OP
R

rickychen

Reaction score
thanks a lot! i will do some research and PM you my options. thanks again!

Go Hawks!

JonRud":2xh0f49h said:
all the hotels near the stadium will cost a fortune for the SB. If you want to be closest to the stadium you can stay in Rutherford, Secaucus or Clifton which are 5-10 minutes from the stadium...but I'm sure all those hotels will cost a fortune [or are already sold out].

if you're more budget conscious just rent a car and stay further out in NJ and drive to the game. there are a million places you can stay in NJ.

The ultimate would be stay in NYC and take the train or bus to the game, but again it will be expensive.

In terms of safety just don't stay in certain parts of Newark, Jersey City or Elizabeth. If you find a hotel/town you like PM me and I will tell you if safety is a concern.

halps80

Reaction score
If you fly into JFK, stay in Brooklyn - cheaper than NYC and tons to do

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
rickychen":3d7lncwn said:
Man. i am so excited. I had a serious conversation with my wife yesterday. Finally she gave me green light to go to NY for SB party if Seahawks participate. that is big reach for me considering the money involved and so busy we are right now for babies. I will go with my buddy and meet others 12s there. btw, i am loud.

I got a question though. Which hotel i should book there so we can go to metlife stadium easily. of course need to consider the combination of safety, convenience and budget. Thanks in advance for advice!

Go Hawks!

Hello rickychen. How you doing my friend?

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
If you have never been to ny, stay in Manhattan. Yes, there are things to do in Brooklyn but if you've never been to manhattan, that's the place. It's an easy commute by public transportation right out of penn station. Any good deal you can find in manhattan, grab it. Any area in manhattan from battery park (southern tip) to 100 st will be fine. East side west side, it doesnt matter. getting around manhattan is easy as long as you dont have a car. you Might be in really small room but you'll be safe.

To go really cheap, fly into Newark and get a hotel room in jersey about an hr away. Not sure how much of the activities will be in jersey though. I know the city will be shutting down some streets in mid town for plenty of activities

Latest posts