Highschool kid tries to diss DK

SeaWolv

Reaction score
What a punk. Glad DK didn't go any further. He said just enough to put him in his place. Looking at the numbers I don't think you can say Ramsey owns DK, it looks like they alternate good games against the other. DK has put up some big numbers a couple of times against the Rams the last two years. DK had a 5 for 94yds and a TD last year and a 8 for 127yds and a TD the year before.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
What a punk. Glad DK didn't go any further. He said just enough to put him in his place. Looking at the numbers I don't think you can say Ramsey owns DK, it looks like they alternate good games against the other. DK has put up some big numbers a couple of times against the Rams the last two years. DK had a 5 for 94yds and a TD last year and a 8 for 127yds and a TD the year before.

Jalen Ramsey wasn't on the Rams roster last year. On the same day Metcalf had the game in L.A. with five catches for 94 yards, Ramsey played for the Dolphins against the Raiders in Miami. Two interceptions, two PDs.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I noticed the "Cathedral Football" jacket the kid is wearing. Kid probably doesn't even start for his team.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
In the kid's defense ... I bet most of us have said something stupid in our lives that we never imagined would spread like fire on the internet.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
In the kid's defense ... I bet most of us have said something stupid in our lives that we never imagined would spread like fire on the internet.
True, but talking sh** to an athlete like that just makes you look stupid. I'm not buying the "he's just a kid" excuse.
Dumb is dumb.

WarHawks

Reaction score
The kid was being a punk, but he wasn't totally wrong either.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Jalen Ramsey wasn't on the Rams roster last year. On the same day Metcalf had the game in L.A. with five catches for 94 yards, Ramsey played for the Dolphins against the Raiders in Miami. Two interceptions, two PDs.
You are correct about 2023, my bad. But even in 2021 Metcalf had a similar result, one meh game vs. the Rams and one good. In the home game he went 5 for 98yds and 2 TD's. So my point is still valid, in games where Ramsey is most likely guarding Metcalf for the majority of the game, DK has a good game and then an average game. They're pretty well matched but that doesn't mean Ramsey owned DK like this punk kid suggests.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Sure we've all said something stupid, some of us perhaps many times, but most of us don't try to insult sports celebrities to their face. That's just straight up disrespect.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Thankfully there wasn't the Internet yet when I was that kid's age. I did some stupid stuff in my day but I never insulted a pro athlete to their face.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
You are correct about 2023, my bad. But even in 2021 Metcalf had a similar result, one meh game vs. the Rams and one good. In the home game he went 5 for 98yds and 2 TD's. So my point is still valid, in games where Ramsey is most likely guarding Metcalf for the majority of the game, DK has a good game and then an average game. They're pretty well matched but that doesn't mean Ramsey owned DK like this punk kid suggests.

I've had the same impression - that Metcalf and Ramsey alternated "winning" their specific matchup when they were matched up.

Because Metcalf and Ramsey are good at provoking each other, the kid thought he'd get under Metcalf's skin with that.

As Metcalf comes over to ask asks what the kid said, Metcalf looks like he didn't like hearing what he heard, suggesting the kid may have been right to some extent about getting under his skin, but Metcalf is well under control. When the kid repeats it, Metcalf looks fully in control as he asks why the kid said it. When the kid replies that it's because of film, Metcalf is still pretty well under control, but he still asks the kid "who are you?" The other kids around magnify the burn with "oooooo" and repetition of what Metcalf said.

What's really interesting to me is that part at the end. I have to wonder, given how many times we've seen Metcalf do something he came to wish he hadn't, if he might have rrecognized his own impulse-control issues in the dumbass kid who decided to open his big fat mouth at a successful NFL receiver. I even wonder if he knows that within days, the kid is going to be famous all over the country as a dumbass with a big mouth, and if Metcalf wishes a little he hadn't hit the kid with that ninetieth-degree burn.
Metcalf asks the kid his name, which may be a way to try to undo the scorching he just delivered with "who are you," but if it was, it was about 0% effective, because that's just the kind of burn that has the potential to get attention from an extremely broad audience on the internet. In any case, Metcalf continues and asks if the kid plays football. The kid says he does, and Metcalf appears 100% sincere when he says "good luck to you, brother." He knows what it's like to be a kid with impulse-control issues, and he knows how hard it is to make it in football. I think he sincerely hopes good things will happen for the kid.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
This reminds me of a time back when training camp was in Cheney. It was late enough in the summer that the EWU team was also practicing. The Seahawks were on the main practice field and the Eastern team was on a field a couple hundred yards away. The EWU practice was over and a bunch of these Big Sky conference players were walking by. I remember vividly one guy who looked like he was an undersized WR or CB commenting on how the Seahawks sucked. I’ve often wondered what this guy would have said if any of those professional players would have been within earshot. Whether they sucked or not, every single professional player on that field was better at their job and more successful than some division I-AA hack who probably hardly ever played, let alone get a chance in the NFL.

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
The kid was being a punk, but he wasn't totally wrong either.
Agreed. I’m proud of DK for handling it well. Thats maturity and growth…

DK has got the best of Ramsey a few times but, overall, Ramsey is ahead on the 1 v 1’s.

Just a testament to how good Ramsey actually was (maybe…is).