Here's My Stupid Opinion...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1k2ie0u8 said:
RolandDeschain":1k2ie0u8 said:
I'd say something, but I'd just be accused of being a driveling idiot that takes the easy out by laying any blame whatsoever at the feet of Our High Lord & Savior, Darrell Bevell.
I like the drunk Ro. :th2thumbs:
WHY ARE SO MANY PEOPLE SAYING THAT?! :|

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Aros":2fvj0rvf said:
I think the Seahawks should have won this gosh darn game.

They knew it was going to be like lighting a fire into a bee's nest yet I feel they didn't play as well as they could have.

They played well in many areas but clearly we didn't play our best game. Had we, this would have been a 34-19 game. Russell was good but not great like we needed him to be...Our defense was good but not great when we needed them to be...Not being a sore loser, just stating the facts.

I actually thought is was likely we would lose today but when it actually happens, it sucks ass. To see Harbaugh and Crap laughing on the sidelines at the end of the game is the worst part of all.

I totally agree about the laughing on the sidelines... Rubs it all the wrong way... Good news is: they're fighting for a playoff berth, we already have it... Just have to win one more to have the Home Field Advantage.... I think we might have let up a bit today as projected by the "Talking Heads"... However, as I've stated for what it's worth, we did beat the point spred.... Got 3 more and two are at Clink.... I really believe we'll pull at least one win out.... GO HAWKS!!! :180670:

brettb3

Reaction score
Aros":4w445xmu said:
Don't get me wrong, I am very aware of our playoff positioning but let's be honest as Seahawks fans...

We wanted this game today, period.
Sure, we want to win every game, but let's be honest. The 49ers needed this game a lot more than we did. And they barely pulled it off, at home and with us coming off a short week after a very emotional win. We were going to be in a great position after this game regardless of the result.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Aros":zkup07xv said:
Don't get me wrong, I am very aware of our playoff positioning but let's be honest as Seahawks fans...

I want every game. I think it might be a blessing in disguise actually. Its an eye opener and extremely humbling to have your teams strongest point falter in its key moments. This loss will only make them work harder, and prepare better for the stretch run.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Aros":38yyf6xj said:

Yes indeed.

nsport

Reaction score
The Radish":1401qnpc said:
You might be right. Perhaps I should call Cindy. lol

He's wrong tho, we played like shit after the middle of the second quarter. Wilson tried to hard this game rather than let the game come to him like he did on those 2 scoring drives. I remember 2 passes that should have been pick 6s against us that he threw. I saw him throwing into double and even triple coverage thinking he could thread the needle and get it in there. Where did that type of play come from?

I still say they picked on Thomas all day very successfully. He didn't hold his ground and they ran play after play to the area he abandoned including a 51 yard run that finished the game for us.

Again our guys are getting to cute. they are not running to where the ball is, they are running to where they "think" the ball will be. They did this a couple of games ago and they need to put the stop on that.

Well, we are looking for perfection on every play, and maybe it is our expectations that are all wrong. The defense played one helluva game aside from some poorly timed holding penalties on the db's and that one long run by Gore. The defense played a strong game and gave enough for us to win today. The offense should get whacked with the FAIL stamp for those drive killing penalties. I think the Seahawks conservatively could have scored 27 points today - and the defense did a great job to hold 4 scoring drives to FG's today. There was a lot wrong with this game today that put on a ton of adversity - but the fact remains that most of that adversity was controllable by the Seahawks and they simply didn't get it done.

BioDawg03

Reaction score
Good news is: they're fighting for a playoff berth, we already have it... Just have to win one more to have the Home Field Advantage....

That's simply not true... at this moment the standings are thus:

1. Seattle 11-2
2. New Orleans 10-3

and in Conference:

1. Seattle 11-2
2. San Fran 9-4

If New Orleans wins out and Seattle only wins 1 more, they have Home Field in the playoffs.... Hawks' magic number remains 2....

Now, if San Fran wins out and finishes 12-4 and the hawks only go 1-2 finishing 12-4 the 49ers will then win the Division... the Hawks would be at best 4-2 in divison and the 49ers would be 5-1 thus taking the division title.... so, the Hawks' Magic Number for the division remains 2.....

The only guarantees that exist are that the Hawks need to either win 2 of 3, or have the 49ers and Saints drop at least 1 of their remaining games.... this was an important game today....

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2gdzn3bk said:
HAHAHA, I just saw this on my Google+ stream. Totally appropriate.

2013 12 052B105738

Oxford comma is only for old fashioned types. It's almost never taught as accurate in modern journalism or English courses. AP Style does not use it. Associated Press. No oxford comma. Meh.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
nsport":15koibeh said:
Mods - it's time to combine all of Aros' threads into one... I think he might be the drunk guy in the bar who will talk to anyone who'll listen. :)

I'm struggling to fight the notion that this is a hilarious take on my thoughts or if I do have a problem. LOL.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SeeHawkRun":1crfuvuu said:
Oxford comma is only for old fashioned types. It's almost never taught as accurate in modern journalism or English courses. AP Style does not use it. Associated Press. No oxford comma. Meh.

...And yet, that doesn't change the validity of the point in the picture. Go figure.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
SeeHawkRun":kefr9e9n said:
RolandDeschain":kefr9e9n said:

2013 12 052B105738

Untrue! says the person with experience in the field.

Modern journalism has, frankly, the worst punctuation scheme possible.

Polaris

Reaction score
mikeak":hhye0h2y said:
It is ok - it is very hard to beat a team 3 times in one season. This was a smart move

That is a crock. In fact if you beat a team twice, you are extremely likely to win a third time since you're probably the better team, and each contest is independant of the others. {See Gamblers Fallacy}

nsport

Reaction score
Aros":gg7ux6wk said:
nsport":gg7ux6wk said:
Mods - it's time to combine all of Aros' threads into one... I think he might be the drunk guy in the bar who will talk to anyone who'll listen. :)

I'm struggling to fight the notion that this is a hilarious take on my thoughts or if I do have a problem. LOL.

Well I'm glad you caught that. :)

Take it how you want, King Aros. You deserve the right to be any way you choose to be.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":wapb44mh said:

2013 12 052B105738

That's a terrible example because no one would ever think the second sentence read like that. It would have to say "orange juice on toast" for people to think that.

The Oxford comma is retarded. "And" takes the place of a comma. If you want to get rid of "and" then Im fine with the Oxford comma. But not both!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1k0tu0u6 said:
That's a terrible example because no one would ever think the second sentence read like that. It would have to say "orange juice on toast" for people to think that.

The Oxford comma is retarded. "And" takes the place of a comma. If you want to get rid of "and" then Im fine with the Oxford comma. But not both!

Wrong. You can replace the orange juice and toast with Bob and Cindy as if you're telling two people, and it's grammatically correct along with making perfect sense.

Now here's a funny picture, just because.

images

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Talk about a great year...
and spoiled fans.

Unhappiest moment tonight: seeing a coach and qb smile after a win.

:|

ivotuk

Reaction score
I've got the flu and they played like I felt today. I kept thinking "do they have the flu too?" Probably not but it sure made sense to my flu-addled brain.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
This game just doesn't bother me so much.

We went into the ninnies house (they were in the superbowl last year) and would have beat them had we not committed so many penalties. We had the lead in the forth quarter.

Do you really think that this game gave them a ton of confidence that they can beat us up here where we dominated?

After this game I have no doubt we are the better team and it will bare itself out at the end of the year.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
nsport":3gczyd78 said:
The Radish":3gczyd78 said:
You might be right. Perhaps I should call Cindy. lol

He's wrong tho, we played like shit after the middle of the second quarter. Wilson tried to hard this game rather than let the game come to him like he did on those 2 scoring drives. I remember 2 passes that should have been pick 6s against us that he threw. I saw him throwing into double and even triple coverage thinking he could thread the needle and get it in there. Where did that type of play come from?

I still say they picked on Thomas all day very successfully. He didn't hold his ground and they ran play after play to the area he abandoned including a 51 yard run that finished the game for us.

Again our guys are getting to cute. they are not running to where the ball is, they are running to where they "think" the ball will be. They did this a couple of games ago and they need to put the stop on that.

Well, we are looking for perfection on every play, and maybe it is our expectations that are all wrong. The defense played one helluva game aside from some poorly timed holding penalties on the db's and that one long run by Gore. The defense played a strong game and gave enough for us to win today. The offense should get whacked with the FAIL stamp for those drive killing penalties. I think the Seahawks conservatively could have scored 27 points today - and the defense did a great job to hold 4 scoring drives to FG's today. There was a lot wrong with this game today that put on a ton of adversity - but the fact remains that most of that adversity was controllable by the Seahawks and they simply didn't get it done.

Great post. I'm not worried about the Hawks. They control their own destiny. Go 1-0 next week and home field is clinched.

I find it funny how all the Niners fans are rejoicing in this win, good on them. This goes to show, they were worried about this game and really didn't think they would win it. Keep living on those 5 rings, because you will be stuck there for a very long time

Latest posts