Here come the 'Aints

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I like seeing the Saints 1st over San Fran or Green Bay as that means that winner must now travel too Carolina first, ugh that is going to be brutal against that pass rush.

Brees is not a QB to dismiss however.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Yeah I mean Guido's in a tough spot here. We've all been there, as fans of the team who needs to convince ourselves that they're going to go pull the big upset...but we know what the far more likely scenario is. I give him credit, after talking trash the week of the game he came right back to eat crow afterward last time and here he is again. I'm not much for congratulating opposing fans after they beat us, just as I'm not much for rubbing it in on opposing fans after we beat them, but I'll tip my cap to Guido after this if the Saints come in and find a way to beat us. I just don't see it happening.

Happybelly

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":32h3g1ls said:
AsylumGuido":32h3g1ls said:
They are under his skin just as the fact that the Saints had never won a road playoff game. Be afraid.

Not to mention that we don't have KJ Wright to cover Graham anymore.

Or the fact, that this is the type of game Seattle has struggled with all year long, getting up for an opponent everyone thinks they will crush.

A hungry HOF veteran QB in the playoffs is NOT someone you want to sleep on.

This isn't in anyway comparable to a regular season game where the Hawks may have played below expectations.

Heyseed

Reaction score
Did the Saints ever fix their plane issues? Hope they can make it to Seattle

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Every time I think this is going to be an easy win, I think of 2006. Seahawks got demolished by the Bears on SNF during the season and almost beat them in the divisional round. I think we'll win, but I don't see the game being over by halftime like it was last time.

irocdave

Reaction score
No game in the playoffs will be easy. The Saints however are the best matchup for the Hawks. The niners have a much more difficult matchup if they make it past GB.

ivotuk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":7iq6h8mg said:
And it means if we're going to have another game against the Niners, they'll have to win in Green Bay and Carolina.

LOL! I LOVE this!

One thing I wonder though, how is it the young KC Chiefs suffer all kinds of injuries today but the ancient 49ers seem to be getting healthier? What's up with that?

oasis

Reaction score
ivotuk":16dh6w0d said:
theENGLISHseahawk":16dh6w0d said:
And it means if we're going to have another game against the Niners, they'll have to win in Green Bay and Carolina.

LOL! I LOVE this!

One thing I wonder though, how is it the young KC Chiefs suffer all kinds of injuries today but the ancient 49ers seem to be getting healthier? What's up with that?
They rested their starters.

lsheldon

Reaction score
ivotuk":2ol4ai82 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2ol4ai82 said:

LOL! I LOVE this!

A little bit premature. Lets see how those SF ancient bones hold up in sub-zero Green Bay Wisconsin weather tomorrow.

ivotuk

Reaction score
oasis":1tyrgdtq said:
ivotuk":1tyrgdtq said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1tyrgdtq said:

LOL! I LOVE this!

They rested their starters.

You know this might be a good point. When they don't play all out they tend to get hurt then too. Crazy if the practice of resting one's players actually puts them at risk instead.

Maybe that's why Pete Carroll scoffed at the idea of us resting players if we had locked up the NFCW an first place early. Pretty sure he was happy that we didn't do it until our last game.

Marvin49

Reaction score
lsheldon":1ir55t1i said:
ivotuk":1ir55t1i said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1ir55t1i said:

LOL! I LOVE this!

A little bit premature. Lets see how those SF ancient bones hold up in sub-zero Green Bay Wisconsin weather tomorrow.

Only in Seattle are the 49ers "Ancient". SMH.

kf3339

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":54f747fh said:
chihawk":54f747fh said:
Saints CB went out with head injury during the game, but it didn't look very serious and he was fighting to get back in. I would be surprised if he is out next week. Was anyone else from Saints injured during the game? I know Pierre Thomas is the other key injury for them and I didn't see much info on him other than that he was inactive for today's game...no idea if he would be playing or not next weekend.

Pierre Thomas should be back next week. Keenan Lewis, the shut down corner, has yet to be evaluated, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him back, as well.

Sorry, but you don't have a real shut down corner.

Marvin49

Reaction score
kf3339":1jdt28n3 said:
AsylumGuido":1jdt28n3 said:
chihawk":1jdt28n3 said:
Saints CB went out with head injury during the game, but it didn't look very serious and he was fighting to get back in. I would be surprised if he is out next week. Was anyone else from Saints injured during the game? I know Pierre Thomas is the other key injury for them and I didn't see much info on him other than that he was inactive for today's game...no idea if he would be playing or not next weekend.

Pierre Thomas should be back next week. Keenan Lewis, the shut down corner, has yet to be evaluated, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him back, as well.

Sorry, but you don't have a real shut down corner.

I'd have to agree. I don't think they exist anymore with the current rules, but Sherman is the closest thing to it right now.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Didn't know where to post this question, so just throwing it in here. What impact would the return of a healthy Harvin have on NO this coming weekend defensively. Will it be more important to get pressure on Wilson, or do they decide not to risk that and concentrate on coverage?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
lsheldon":1nrys8i2 said:
Didn't know where to post this question, so just throwing it in here. What impact would the return of a healthy Harvin have on NO this coming weekend defensively. Will it be more important to get pressure on Wilson, or do they decide not to risk that and concentrate on coverage?
10 points is my thought. Because it will be pick your poison just allowing the two options you mentioned. Don't forget kickoff returns and the way he will alter the field position battle. He's not just a WR he's a multidimensional offensive weapon.

Exittium

Reaction score
My taints prediction is a little hint of marshawn:

Url 10

With a dash of Avril (as he tells Brees to stop hitting himself):

breesbeat.jpeg

To finish with a splash of Bennett

600x408

:thirishdrinkers: :thumbup: