Herd with the MIC drop

razor150

Reaction score
bigDhawk":16ahggee said:
Contrast that with a team like Houston that never had any chance of winning from the opening KO and gets bounced like they didn't belong in the playoffs.

That's because they didn't.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Colin Cowherd is a legend, I don't care what any of you say.

One of the only real guys to talk sports, and hes not soft like 99% of the sports broadcast world.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1oohahf1 said:

One of the only real guys to talk sports, and hes not soft like 99% of the sports broadcast world.

I can only read this in the drunk Stewie voice from your avatar. It makes no since otherwise.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Cartire":1zuo48r9 said:
NFSeahawks628":1zuo48r9 said:

I can only read this in the drunk Stewie voice from your avatar. It makes no since otherwise.
Your spelling doesn't make since.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Someone here pointed out that ever point in that game was scored moving with the wind.

All 3 FGs and the TD + FG, facing the same endzone. Not sure if that is true, but if so, that means it was never "lucky" to have the kicker miss. It would have been fortunate to hit the FG period, in heavier air, with a ball weighing 3x more and being almost rock hard. At that point, even a 30 yd FG might have been out of reach and maybe, that was the reason we never kicked when we were inside the 38.

The irony is that the "luck" that got the wicked cold temps, the temps that essentially shut down the entire Seahawk offensive machine, are the same temps that made it nowhere near a chip shot to hit that final FG.

And as was pointed out before, without the FG kicker, they don't even score a point (again, bravo to our Defense on that one).

He might have been rubbing it in their face a bit, I think that the Vikings fans have suffered for so long they should get an opinion. Not their fault the team keeps stumbling.

But luck does swing both ways, and as the earlier posts pointed out - they aren't even in a position to score (the last FG and the 1st) without "luck". Meanwhile, the fumble we forced was the opposite, not luck at all. KJ pulls AP's arm from his body and then Kam pulls the remaining arm free of the ball.

What is fortunate is that we went into turtle mode early, that almost burned us, but I am hoping that is just the cold slowing some brain cells on the offense staff down. Hopefully we go back to the quick passing attack that has been working for us 2nd half of the season.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":12n80ser said:
Cartire":12n80ser said:
NFSeahawks628":12n80ser said:

Proper counterpoint.

-Roland

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I get the point he's trying to make.. but a 27 yard FG is a 27 yard FG.. I mean it's shorter than a PAT now. Walsh hits that what.. 98 or 99 out of 100 times?

It was a mix of shutdown D and fortuitous luck. And thats fine. I'll never turn down a lucky win.

BigMeach

Reaction score
If you ask me the vikings were lucky to have ever had a chance to win that game. In the end their luck ran out.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Vkings scored exactly 0 Touchdowns in 8 quarters against Seattle.

They were lucky to have a chance. The aren't in Seattle's league yet.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
In 21 drives over 8 quarters of football on their home field with the supposed best running back in the league the Vikings offense couldn't score a single touchdown against the Seahawks this season.

Get better then one "bad luck" play wouldn't matter.

If Bridgewater can't get it done with the threat of their runnin game keeping defenses in the box I'm not sure how they expect to win anything any time soon.

I feel bad for Minnesota fans because bridgewater is just good enough that he'll be around for years before they decide he can't get it going. Hopefully he can figure it out, he seems like s likable QB in a league where you can't always say that.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
bigDhawk":1ilms263 said:
The bottom line is we put our selves in position to take advantage of the chance that kick was missed. It turns out that was enough to win.

Contrast that with a team like Houston that never had any chance of winning from the opening KO and gets bounced like they didn't belong in the playoffs.

Wasn't that a truly terrible offensive performance (indeed, OFFENSIVE) by Houston! Masterful game plan against JJ Watt by Kansas City offense, though. I haven't seen the Texans play before, but from what I've read, obviously Watt is (often) awesome.

Charles

rideaducati

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1xkla6df said:
Cartire":1xkla6df said:
NFSeahawks628":1xkla6df said:

Neither of you are making cents.

Smellyman

Reaction score
rideaducati":2szc033v said:
NFSeahawks628":2szc033v said:
Cartire":2szc033v said:
NFSeahawks628":2szc033v said:

Smellyman always makes scents.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Smellyman":32nrzoa9 said:
rideaducati":32nrzoa9 said:
NFSeahawks628":32nrzoa9 said:
Cartire":32nrzoa9 said:

Smellyman always makes scents.

Making Roland proud sense 2011.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":141gcerq said:
CC is right, but that almost sounds kind of like a "staged call".
All call in shows screen their calls, so you could surmise that it was chosen to make CC's point.

Cowherd was right, of course. In the end, the Sehawks did more to win than the Vikes did. Minnie was lucky to be in that position and their luck ran out.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":u0o93pmb said:

Talking in vague generalities makes you a legend?

rideaducati

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":nvrw19fx said:
NFSeahawks628":nvrw19fx said:

Talking in vague generalities makes you a legend?

Nope, but getting paid MILLIONS to do it DOES.

Rat

Reaction score
If the caller had said that we didn't get lucky, Cowherd would have gone off on a long rant about how the win was all luck, and then somehow related the game to the Yankees.