Hawks try out 3 RB's

James in PA

Reaction score
A lot of RBs are tricky to figure out because they need a lot of carries to heat up and “figure it out” as Pete would say. We know with Prosise’s injury history AND having a stud like Carson in front of him that he won’t be getting many carries. He does not appear to be a good change of pace back, however. So I’m not very optimistic about him contributing. I think Homer or bringing someone else in is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
To ME, Prosise is not what Penny was. He is a guy that needs to be used in space. He doesn't have the mentality nor the body to be running between the tackles. Maybe Homer is that guy, we don't even know, but we DO know Prosise isn't that guy.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3rg4vafg said:
Is Homer a good blocker as in blitz pick ups?

We have no way of knowing since he's played almost zero snaps. We know Prosise sucks at it however. We did just sign Xavier Turner back. Whether he goes on the roster is another question.

Heck, we had Ansah out vs the Rams and yet they made Collier yet AGAIN a healthy scratch. How in the hell can they expect these young players to get better without playing them?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Xavier Turner’s journey to the edge of Seahawks’ roster: 9,064 miles, 4 teams, 3 tryouts, 1 NFL debut

Aug. 10, 2019 at 2:38 pm

“How many plays did I know?” Xavier Turner said, repeating a question inside the Seahawks’ locker room after the game. “I knew a good four.”

Turner turned those four plays into a productive NFL debut, rushing for 42 yards on a game-high 13 carries, plus one reception for eight yards, in the Seahawks’ 22-14 victory versus the Broncos at CenturyLink Field.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... nfl-debut/

AubHawk71

Reaction score
I'd say Percy Harvin for home games, since he likes to smoke out before every game and weed is legal in WA.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
AubHawk71":244ch3an said:
I'd say Percy Harvin for home games, since he likes to smoke out before every game and weed is legal in WA.

get to the dispensary.

justafan

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2swxu2a2 said:

In the draft one of his upsides was pass protection and willingness to block. Thats usually the hardest part for rookies is learning it.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I’d like to see Homer.

He’s a true change of pace back. 5-11, 195, 4.48 forty.

He’s a, jump cut and go runner. He’s not going to run over defenders, like Carson, but he’ll lower his pads, kinda like Rawls.

He’ll run inside, outside, good hands and will pass block.

His running style is totally different then Carson and his willingness to block doesn’t mean he’ll get the ball when he gets his chance.

He doesn’t have that straight line, home run-type speed like Penny, but, he’ll get chunk plays.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Shoot, they didn't go for Rod Smith. He would have been a nice get. He is now a Raider. I think did well for Dallas and showed some flash when he was with the Seahawks several years back.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Turner was a player who flashed early this preseason, and he was the guy signed of the 3 tried out. A small school player who flew under the radar. He’s a Hawks PS player now.

I was disappointed the team released him as he’d run hard but there were a lot of quality RBs here and some players the team liked more. Even though he had run better than others he was a tough cut. Happy to see him back. Thought he greatly outperformed Prosise in the preseason and at that stage all the others wer not as good but several were on the limp.

The team needs a player to step up and take Penny’s reps, Turner May surprise and find himself called up. Time will tell.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Largent80":3b5kx455 said:
Seahwkgal":3b5kx455 said:

Heck, we had Ansah out vs the Rams and yet they made Collier yet AGAIN a healthy scratch

Well that just isn't true at all.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, Gordon just gifted us a roster spot. Might as well use it. :Dunno:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
We'd be better off not filling that spot than signing Turbin... Robert Turbin is trash, from what I remember he wasn't great at pass blocking, catching the ball and he was an awful at running the ball. Why are we signing this guy? He is about as useful as an ingrown toenail. I look forward to watching him fall at the LOS as he trips himself up in a wide open hole.

Latest posts