Hawks give Jared Allen a contract offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basis4day

Reaction score
KK84":135xaf73 said:
seahawk12thman":135xaf73 said:
This is all fantastic I guess but what does this say about Mayowa, Hill, Williams and Scruggs?? I really want to see what Scruggs and Mayowa can do...

If we have learned anything about this FO, it's that those guys will have all season to earn playing time. Pete and John have no problem cutting a vet if a young guy is ready to take that step. Just ask Winfield.

They're big on rotations.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
How long before Jeffri Chadiha writes an article about how awful a signing this is? I mean he trashed on Pete Carroll, Joe Flacco and Eric Decker. But LOVES Cam Newton and Steve Smith. No trend at all there.

Wartooth

Reaction score
My brother is a Vikings fan, he just sent me a text...
'Best defense in the NFL just got better! It doesn't seem fair.'
So next year instead of Dynasty beards...We all grow mullets?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
McGruff":3ip67p8l said:
GCrow":3ip67p8l said:
Yuuuuuuesssssssssss!!!!!

Guys been my one of my favourite non Seahawk players for a while now. Whammy!

Some one posted a video in another thread of a sequence of plays with Allen with the Vikings.

First he gets into a fight with the LT (who kicked him in the groin)
Next play he amps the crowd up so much the Bucs had to call a timeout
Next play he fires past the kicking LT and sacks the QB about as fast as yo0u could imagine.

This guy will love Seattle. And Seattle will love him.

Well, until he signs with another team. And then we'll tweet him nastily.

I remember watching that. Donald Penn had no chance after he poked the lion

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
KK84":1y1mkfxf said:
seahawk12thman":1y1mkfxf said:
This is all fantastic I guess but what does this say about Mayowa, Hill, Williams and Scruggs?? I really want to see what Scruggs and Mayowa can do...

If we have learned anything about this FO, it's that those guys will have all season to earn playing time. Pete and John have no problem cutting a vet if a young guy is ready to take that step. Just ask Winfield.

Minnesota fans are going to have nightmares about the Seahawks for a generation to come. I can't imagine what they feel seeing all their stars going here to win super bowls.

ManBunts

Reaction score
KK84":1oe3a4br said:
seahawk12thman":1oe3a4br said:

And c'mon, if you're a young lineman, studying under Jared Allen is like riding the pine behind Joe Montana. You watch, and work, because you won't get that chance again.

Hawknight

Reaction score
My 49er buddy called him an old man, won't make a difference. I think he's shaking on the inside personally. I know Kapernick is...LOL

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Shit just imagine if Melton didn't want to play at home in Texas so bad ......

kearly

Reaction score
soccer-celebration.gif

Gonna have to find a new player to be my favorite non-Seahawk. Today is a great day.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2c9thyta said:
They will be in the rotation with everyone else. What makes it such a good signing is that Allen will be rested. That is just ridiculous to ponder.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Damn, Avril, Bennett, Allen and (Hill, Williams, Scruggs or someone else). Nighty night qb's. J and P should be arrested for larceny. If I were Golden Tate I would be pissed too having to leave for Detroit.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1d1sp5s8 said:
Damn, Avril, Bennett, Allen and (Hill, Williams, Scruggs or someone else). Nighty night qb's. J and P should be arrested for larceny. If I were Golden Tate I would be pissed to having to leave for Detroit.
Why would Tate be pissed. His QB no longer has to face Allen twice a year.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The weirdest thing about Allen getting sacks was that he really didn't have a great secondary to give him a lot of time.

And while the Viking line was good in places, it wasn't a consistent force.

Based on those two factors, how did he get 10+ sacks at all?

Was he just never doubled?

It seems strange that you could get that kind of production while other parts of the team weren't really helping.

Maybe someone can look at some of his games last year and see, but unless the #s are completely ridiculous it might be a really good fit for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts